Print 

Author Topic: Ventrilo Echo (RESOLVED)  (Read 5877 times)

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Ventrilo Echo (RESOLVED)
« on: October 08, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »
It appears that I have some crazy echo with my mic and I'm not really sure how to solve this.
Btw I've read this already: http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php?topic=753.msg35332#msg35332 but it didn't solve my problem.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:41:14 AM by BFM_JANE »

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Ventrilo Echo
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »

It's not just a regular echo (oh no, it's a special echo), the sound being picked up is being echoed as clearly when the actual person said something. It's actually clearer and louder than Mil, so that we can't hear what he's saying behind it.

I'm sure others have had this problem (and don't now) and hoped we knew what fixed the problem. The only thing I knew to do was to mute microphone. =\

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »

And when you looked at the settings for "Audio Input" in the control panel audio app, what were the settings?

...And what OS are you running, pls?

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 05:21:54 AM »
And when you looked at the settings for "Audio Input" in the control panel audio app, what were the settings?

Does it happen to look anything like

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 10:16:23 AM »

Um, I'm NOT talking about Ventrilo settings, rather WINDOWS settings....

('Don't know if I've ever seen/heard of Ventrilo settings that can cause echo.  Other problems, yes, but echo?...)
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 05:52:12 PM »
I'm not sure if you mean this (it gets confusing because my computer is not in English and some of the words i don't really know the translation or what are you meaning).

I have Line in/Mic in, Realtek HD Digital input and 713x BDA Analog Audio Capture.

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 03:27:48 AM »
('Don't know if I've ever seen/heard of Ventrilo settings that can cause echo.  Other problems, yes, but echo?...)
If your sound card isn't a  :doh: Realtek where the only input device is labeled "CD Volume" and is intent on using stereo mix despite it being muted :bang:, you may have the option of "Stereo Mix" as an input device in Ventrilo. (It was an option on the nForce2-based computer I used to use.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 03:40:58 AM by BFM_sæs» »

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »
Mine looks like this: (no options for Mux and Line)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6167/screenshot001am.jpg

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 09:43:47 PM »
You may have a similar echo problem to mine.

Do you plug your mic into the rear jack (directly into motherboard) or a front jack (on the front/side/top of the case)?
If you use the rear jack, try using a front jack if you've got one. Doing so removed my echo, but induced a lot of static.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 06:18:27 AM »
You may have a similar echo problem to mine.

Do you plug your mic into the rear jack (directly into motherboard) or a front jack (on the front/side/top of the case)?
If you use the rear jack, try using a front jack if you've got one. Doing so removed my echo, but induced a lot of static.

Ok i plugged the mic/headphones into the front panel. I'll edit later to say if the echo still continues.
Thanks in advance (:

Edit: Thanks a lot for your help sæs» o/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:43:00 AM by «ßÇ»mil »

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
Re: Ventrilo Echo (RESOLVED)
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 03:59:30 AM »
I'm glad that it worked :)

For future reference: I 'fixed' my static (which seems to be either an ASUS or case/too-many-power-cables-running-by-audio-cables problem) by using the rear jack, and the echoing (according to LEO ;) ) by clicking the spanner icon next to the input devices in the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" Mixer tab, checking the "Enable recording multi-streaming" box, then changing the Ventrilo input device to the only options under "Mic in at front (pink)" (which is a little annoying, since I'm using the rear jacks.)

Print