Print 

Author Topic: Defending teammates  (Read 1125 times)

Offline AJ/[ZÅ]HatofLove

• Junior Poster
  • AJ, a.k.a. The Hat of Love
Defending teammates
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:26:50 PM »
Today I was on the servers on Death Island, driving solo in a hog, and saw an enemy shooting at a teammate, both on foot. He was little threat to me but, to help my teammate, I swerved, ran the enemy down and drove off, leaving the hog their to my teammate.

I don't think this was against the rules since I didn't have to go out of my way to the next nav point to run him down. What I want to know is whether it would have been against the rules to kill him if he had been out of my way.

So if I saw an enemy, no threat to me, shooting a teammate a good way away would it be okay for me to try and kill this enemy to help my teammate, even though he wasn't on my way to the next point?

I asked BFM_Three60 about this later and he said that it was probably okay as long as I didn't double back or anything, suggesting that it wasn't okay to go and help your ally. I was just wondering what others thought about it.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: Defending teammates
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »
AJ if you have to go out of your way to run someone over that is chasing. Even if they are firing on your team. If they are in your path and you dont have to go out of your way to run someone over, that is legal.

Offline AJ/[ZÅ]HatofLove

• Junior Poster
  • AJ, a.k.a. The Hat of Love
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:21:33 PM »
Okay, thanks, just thought it might help the team if you did.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 03:24:33 PM »
Oh I totally understand your thinking. It is a good move when its within the rules. Again if you dont have to go out of your way.

The best parts of this question is I see you are worrying about your team and trying to help them and not just worry about yourself getting laps. I really like to play with those kinds of players. Then you came to us to ask to make sure you were within the rules. Thanks for doing so and thanks for the question.

Print