Print 

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
Left 4 Dead 2
« on: September 20, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »
I am a huge fan of Left 4 Dead 1 and is my second most played game (appart from Halo). Personally cant wait for L4D2 to come out on Novemember 17th

However fans in Australia will be dissapointed with this news:

EDIT: Was a bit worried that language might appear in the comments by angry fans for that news.com.au article so I removed the link and posted a quote below instead.

THE sequel to a popular video game has been banned in Australia after failing to receive a rating of MA15+.

Left 4 Dead 2 was refused classification by the Classifications Board this week, meaning it will be banned from sale.

Australia doesnt have a 18+ rating therefore any game that doesn't meet the boards requirements is therefore banned :(, however I still think the game can be purchased from stream directly. Just feel sorry for the dial up fans.

I read in the news paper today that were I live has the second worse internet connections in Australia, beaten only by places in Tasmania, however they are getting upgrades at the moment because of the $43 billion National Broadband Network (NBN).  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 12:18:01 AM by Taipan »

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
Re: Left 4 Dead 2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:40:45 AM »
I played the trail game on my Xbox 360, but I never really got into it... didn't really like the gameplay, but the general zombieness was very appealing! Car alarms FTW! :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

I freak out when I see the the witches... makes me jump :LOL:

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 01:22:37 AM »
Witches are easy. turn off your light, have an auto shotty and walk up behind them. When they turn to look up at you, blast them. I say use an auto shotty because if it doesn't work right she'll be over your like a bad divorce before you can rack the next shell with the pump action.

Offline benoit489

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 06:20:28 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait for this game either. I tend to play Left 4 Dead more than I play Halo, but those are the only two games I've been playing for the past few months.

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 03:35:41 PM »
Witches are easy. turn off your light, have an auto shotty and walk up behind them. When they turn to look up at you, blast them. I say use an auto shotty because if it doesn't work right she'll be over your like a bad divorce before you can rack the next shell with the pump action.

Yeah on expert you gotta to cap her quick otherwise you will explode on impact lol. I used to be able to cap 100% of the time easy, however recently I have been failing and my body sent flying.

Tanks on expert are fun, even more when you don't have any mollies or fire boxes to light him up. You have to slowly shoot him down while making sure he doesn't hit you once or through something at you. Its a fun rush :P

I find it stupid that Australia doesn't have any ratings above MA15+. They do for movies etc but not games. It isn't that hard to make one. Hope I am still able to get L4D2. However considering it is made on the same gaming engine as L4D1 I am surprised the original wasn't banned as well. Both should have about the game graphics. YAYA for rating inconsistency.

Offline Sarge the Heavy

• Junior Poster
  • Lets GOooo
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
I believe that Australians can still bypass that via Steam. Steam is very reliable when purchasing games, and they frequently have sales on games. I bought Fallout 3 from Steam at half off, along with the first L4D.

thanks for the sig Tanxs1

thanks plix

thanks batman

Offline WaTy™

• Posts Too Much
  • WaT-WaT-WaT, WaTy
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 05:46:39 AM »
Yeah kinda sucks that it wont be released in Australia :( been waiting for this since they said they were making it :)
I wish they would just change it so we can have an 18+ rating for games.....
If you can purchase it through steam it will be great :)
Can not wait and i hope it will be released in Australia on the 17th of November :)

Offline WaTy™

• Posts Too Much
  • WaT-WaT-WaT, WaTy
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 12:38:08 AM »
Some good/bad news for Aussie L4D 2 =[
The good news is that it will be released
The bad news is that it will be censored in Australia unless the classification board allows the proper version

Quote from games.on.net
We’ve just returned from a Sydney press conference with Gabe Newell, where he revealed a new plan to involve Aussies in the next zompocalypse, L4D2. As well as appealing the original Refused Classification decision by the classification board, EA has a lodged another version of the game for rating, which has been modified for the Australian market.

Gabe wouldn’t comment on what changes had been made to the modified version, but we’re guessing that dismemberment, a major addition to the sequel, will get the chop. Gabe repeatedly made it clear that Valve would prefer the unaltered version of the game to be released in Australia, but a decision on the appeal isn’t due until the 22nd of October. If the appeal is successful, the censored version of the game will never see the light of day.

We’re a little concerned that submitting a censored version before the appeal decision is announced gives the classification board an easy out. In the board’s mind, why would it open up the can of worms of overturning an earlier decision by the board, when it can just give the nod of approval to a new, Zombie-friendly, version? The Classification board wins as it doesn’t look silly, while EA wins because it can still sell L4D2 in Australia. Sadly we, the collective gamer, lose, playing a toned-down version of the game that compromises on Valve’s original vision.

One way or the other, October the 22nd is the date that we get to find out whether or not Aussies will be playing the Gave Newell edition of L4D2, or the Michael Atkinson limited edition of L4D2.

Waiting untill the 22nd to find out :) Fingers crossed :P

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 12:28:50 AM »
News off of Gamepolitics, they are removing the dismemberment feature so it can be classified in Austrialia. Hunker down Aussies, time to slaughter some zombies.

Offline VampyR

• Junior Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 12:50:07 PM »
Good Ol' Thorpe Park, Had a Booth up, with the First Campaign, free for all to play, graphics look brilliant, just watch out for the.....

Meh you'll find out sumtime later, oh and there is a guy called Coach, He is Epically awesome :D  :LOL:

^^Thanks Arya for the Buffy Sig, You are the Bestest :) ^^

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
We should actually have our copies at the house when I get home tonight.  Alas, though playing it tonight will NOT be on my agenda til later, as I have Warhammer to go and do.  Though, having played the demo from Steam in which we (Wic, Deacon(my brother) and I) have the codes for a super-spiffy baseball bat, I am very excited. 

It proves to be just as good, if not BETTER than the original.  And acording to the game guide, much bigger/longer. 

My dual 9mm's are ready...are yours??

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 04:00:18 PM »
I played Dark Carnival on release on Advanced with Waty and wow it is alot harder then L4D.

The new horde runs where you have to disable it really forces you not to camp. The rollercoster part was rather hard, Waty and I both got slaughtered by 2 hunters while the bots were ages behind. The weapons feel weaker which adds to the difficulty. Waty, SSNZ and I seem to own through expert L4D, however I can see doing that on this game wont be as easy.

Might play some more tonight :D I like the challenge asspect of the game.

Offline benoit489

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 12:45:31 PM »
I was really excited about the game, but now I think I'm done with it. I've played all the campaigns but didn't care for any of them (although parts of The Parish were cool). The game was kind of a let down. My main gripe is that it doesn't feel like survival horror anymore.

Offline Joedz

• Newbie Poster
  • wait this isnt a mirror?!
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 02:38:23 PM »
L4D2 is awesome!

TRY TO BEAT THESE DANCE BEASTZ!

Print