Print 

Author Topic: Halo 1.09 Patch Issues (ANSWERED)  (Read 3448 times)

Offline fLipSIDe

• Regular Poster
  • Hmm...wat u lookin' at mate!!??
    • Drum & Bass / Breakbeat / Dubstep Arena
Halo 1.09 Patch Issues (ANSWERED)
« on: November 04, 2009, 01:38:05 PM »
I've recently been having problems with programs such as flycam, thirdperson, sightjacker etc not working with the 1.09 patch at all and the programs say its un-supported. :liljawdrop:

Is there a way to resolve this problem at all or must we wait till another program is created thats compatible with the 1.09 update? :argh:

Regards,
~fLipSIDe
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:02:46 PM by BFM_JANE »
Drum & Bass / Breakbeat / Dubstep / Grime Arena - http://download.breakbeat.co.uk/

Thankyou to Arya for this Sig

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
Re: Halo 1.09 Patch Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
Hehehe no aimbot for you :P

Give people time to rewrite their sightjackers for 1.09. However you shouldnt be using programs like that outside of your own/clans servers. They are only for admining purposes, otherwise it is considered cheating :)

Offline fLipSIDe

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:18:29 PM »
Well I've always used thirdperson and flycam but I spoke to jim360 aka three60 about sightjacker and I used it a few times to see who the people are snipering. Then 360 said not to use it ... I cant anymore but the fact I cant play in third is most annoying :mad:

Regards,
~fLipSIDe
Drum & Bass / Breakbeat / Dubstep / Grime Arena - http://download.breakbeat.co.uk/

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:33:46 PM »
Why would you want to play third person? This is also not allowed in BFM servers, btw.

They'll work once updates are released.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 09:41:51 PM »
Why would you want to play third person? This is also not allowed in BFM servers, btw.

They'll work once updates are released.

+1

Offline fLipSIDe

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »
Was never told that third person wasn't allowed...I like it because the game looks more up-to-date with other fps games that play in third person as standard. Many other halo players use third person if you must know so... :P

P.s  3.2.     Any use of software or hacks to modify standard Halo game play is not allowed. Note: administrators will, from time-to-time, use a "fly cam" program to observe player behavior. It does not benefit, nor would it be used to benefit, the administrator's score. This is the same with third person it doesn't give you an advantage, just a newer style/definition for gaming.

Regards,
~fLipSIDe
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:36:19 AM by fLipSIDe »

Offline FÁTÈ

• Junior Poster
  • Don't tempt me
    • I am watching you.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »

P.s  3.2.     Any use of software or hacks to modify standard Halo game play is not allowed. Note: administrators will, from time-to-time, use a "fly cam" program to observe player behavior.It does not benefit, nor would it be used to benefit, the administrator's score. This is the same with third person it doesn't give you an advantage, just a newer style/definition for gaming.

Regards,
~fLipSIDe

Looks like you crossed out the wrong part there.
A big thanks to Miser for this awesome sig

Click my eggs to help them hatch         

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 02:20:48 PM »
"Any use of software or hacks to modify standard Halo game play is not allowed in BFM servers." This is quoted from Rule 3.2 in our rules, found here: http://www.bfmracing.net/rule3.php  (as flipside has posted)

This means that while in BFM servers, you cannot use any outside program that changes how you play the game.  While this "third-person" program only affects your screen and no one else's, It is against our rules and won't be allowed.

But either way, to answer your question, because of the new update (which is only a security fix for 64-bit users), and since these are third-party programs, you will have to wait until they are updated by someone other than Bungie to use them again.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 02:58:32 PM »
Also, the part that you left not crossed out that says:

It does not benefit, nor would it be used to benefit, the administrator's score.

I am assuming you left it not crossed as you felt it was talking about others (ie. you)  using it in our servers.  However, that line is there to explain that any BFM ADMINS using it would not use it to benefit their team or personal score.

I side with the others to say that it is not allowed/appropriate for guests to use it in our servers.

Wic

Offline fLipSIDe

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 03:48:43 PM »
Okay, no problem then because its un-useable from now on anyway...as I said it's only used for a different gaming experience.

Regards,
~fLipSIDe

Offline TEX'N

• Newbie Poster
  • Don't Mess With Texas
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 03:19:37 PM »
I don't use those programs and I'm not trying to argue for it to be alloowed, but I do have a question as to the why.

It's totally understandable to not allow sightjacker, flycam, aimbot, and triggerbot because they allow someone an unfair advantage  or downright cheating.
Isn't that then intent of the rule?

Doesn't the third person application only give you an over-the-shoulder view instead just your weapon?  I would think this would actually make it harder to aim since the reticule in Halo isn't positioned for an over-the-shoulder view.

If this is the case, why wouldn't that one application be allowed besides the blanket statement of none?

2c
The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You...

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »
Regardless of legality, I don't understand how you can like 3rd-person. The whole idea of an FPS is that it's first-person (as by definition :P)

Offline fLipSIDe

• Regular Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 06:20:46 PM »
Many new FPS aren't actually FPS they are TPS (third person shooter) but I enjoy the 3rd person look for halo as it looks different and you can see your characters actions.

I also don't consider halo as a true fps as it's nothing compared to "medel of honor allied assault or counter strike : source which has realistic recoil and crosshair spray / recoil.

Best Regards,
~fLipSIDe

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌ ║▌║
© σяιgιиαl ρяσfιlє ®

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 07:02:30 PM »

The third-person program gives an unfair advantage because you can see more of what's going on around you while you're playing.

The latest Halo patch has made most of these programs nonfunctional, which is the answer to the original question.

If you have questions about cheats, hacks and other programs that alter game play, please send a Personal Message (PM) to any officer. An officer is anyone ranked Captain or higher on the staff list, found HERE.

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »

The third-person program gives an unfair advantage because you can see more of what's going on around you while you're playing.

Jane is exactly correct.  These programs do give an unfair advantage.  Seeing 'over the shoulder' gives you more of an idea of where an enemy is, etc.  Compare a situation of using that 3rd person view with someone that isn't.  You could see more of a view than someone that isn't.  That is an exact clue that you have an unfair advantage - and that is not allowed. 

This isn't a subject that we will debate and we do stand strongly on it.  Using these kinds of programs to gain an edge over other players is grounds for removal from our servers.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Print