Print 

Author Topic: Rule clarification  (Read 1171 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Newbie Poster
Rule clarification
« on: November 12, 2009, 05:22:31 PM »
Racing on Timberland today, I spawned with no hogs but saw one speeding away over the jump, in the direction of my next nav. I could see on my radar that it tumbled, spilling both driver and gunner (pesky rock); lucky me, I was heading that way anyway. I reached the top of the rise as they were hopping back in, and tossed a nade in an effort to usurp the hog. As I did so I realized that I was rather more, well, elevated than them when I tossed it (I never stopped moving toward them, though, on my way to the bottom). Was that a violation of the "elevated areas" rule? To be honest, it's something I've probably done a lot on Timberland because I've somehow never thought of it as being equivalent to camping from the cliffs in Sidewinder or Ice Fields.

At least 2 admins were in the server when I did this -- Hydra and Invert, maybe? -- but didn't say anything, likely because they didn't see me.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Rule clarification
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 05:56:48 PM »
Yea we do consider that an elevated area and would ask that players try to refrain from nading or firing from there until they are back down on the other side of the hill.  You are not alone however in not realizing the nature of the situation until after it happened.  It is completely understandable how that can happen and, just as the admins did in your case, you should not get beat up too bad over it unless you keep doing it once informed.  No worries bud...play on.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline TylerDurden

• Newbie Poster
Re: Rule clarification
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, and apologies for the violation. If it's any consolation, I don't think my nade came anywhere near my target.

Print