Print 

Author Topic: Admin problems  (Read 1278 times)

Offline rhinoculips

• Newbie Poster
Admin problems
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:21:31 PM »
I have repeatedly asked BFM_HALIGAN to help control a camper(KIL1) through at least 7-8 games he does nothing.  Why do you say in your rules to tell admins and they never help?  It is quite frustrating when they don't do their job AND I get kicked for it.  I asked nicely too.  Plz clarify how one can get action out of an admin and not get kicked myself?

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: Admin problems
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 12:48:06 AM »
The first thing I have to ask you to understand, is that we can't simply kick or ban someone based on your word.  We must see the infractions ourselves to be able to take any action on another player.  I'm sure you can understand that if we did kick/ban/admin based on other guests' word, there probably wouldn't be too many players left in the servers.  There are constantly arguments and disagreements between players, and that is the reason we must see things ourselves.  We try our hardest to keep these arguments and confrontations to a minimum.  

We do appreciate when a guest will help to point out other rule breakers - to a degree.  When you help point out a problem - it can help us to find the problem quicker.  Getting to the right location can definitely help an admin see what is going on.  Now however, there is a limit to take with this.  You don't want to reach the point where you're arguing with the admin or another guest.  That doesn't help at all - in fact it just makes things worse.  If you are patient and cooperative - most of the time you'll find things will work out just fine.  

Also understand that as admins - BFM gives up their free time to admin these servers.  This is not a "job".  We give up our free time to try to create an environment that is a lot of fun really.  We give up a lot of our own racing time to try to teach other players about the rules and to also keep the atmosphere suitable for what it seems you want - racing.  

A good option at this point - is to send a PM to Haligan.  Get his side of the story, and you might in fact find out there are some other reasons why he wasn't immediately removing someone.  I imagine if you speak with him 1 on 1 - this issue might even settle itself.

In the end, we do appreciate help in identifying problems in the server.  But, also please understand that as admins - we cannot and will not accept judgement based on another guests' word.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline rhinoculips

• Newbie Poster
Re: Admin problems
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »
Thanks for the response.  I realize that you can't just take my word.  That wouldn't make sense.  My problem is that Haligan failed to even speak the rules to KIL1.  He seemed to simply ignore it.  I tried to have patience.  Went through 7-8 games dealing with the sniping and camping.  When another admin joined the game, I asked them.  They did not seem to interested and ask Haligan to kick me.  What I ask is that admins at least make an attempt at posting the rules, etc.  Or maybe have the admin switch teams and see for themselves.  Please keep in mind, I was not the only one trying to report the infraction to admin.  Though I was the most insistent.  For the time I have been playing on your servers, I have enjoyed your admins being pro-active.  This is the first time that something like this has happened.     

Thanks for your time NavyJHk. 

Print