Print 

Author Topic: Aiming Ahead  (Read 6224 times)

Offline Vidiot

• Newbie Poster
Re: Aiming Ahead
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 12:44:46 PM »
Um, did you check mxy's faq?  I know it helped me when I needed it, so It could help you.

Sonic
Yup

And what do you have it set to in Halo?

512. I DID have it at 768 with lag, so I changed it to 512 and I still have lag. I'm pretty sure that's not the problem since I have lag in other games that don't have that option.

Offline SkullCracka

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »
if it does with all games or most of your games. sounds like you are not lagging. those pings are not that bad.

more than likely you have FPS problem. try turning down the sound and video settings some. turn off shadows. ect. till you get at least 45 or more FPS. in game you can see your FPS and it will show an average. hold Ctrl key and hit F12. to toggle on and off the FPS.

Offline Stevo

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 07:40:14 PM »
halo has something called lead which has been put into the game to make it more difficult (and to imitate older games inwhich the connections were much worse) which is why you have to put ur crosshair ahead of ur target in order ot hit it. this has nothing to do with bullet speed(which is instant) and is not a problem with your game. higher ping will cause you to have more of a lead just becasue halo is a old old game.

Offline Vidiot

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »
halo has something called lead which has been put into the game to make it more difficult (and to imitate older games inwhich the connections were much worse) which is why you have to put ur crosshair ahead of ur target in order ot hit it. this has nothing to do with bullet speed(which is instant) and is not a problem with your game. higher ping will cause you to have more of a lead just becasue halo is a old old game.
Even though it's 6 years old, doesn't mean that you should have to aim ahead at point blank range >_>.

What a horrid design :|

Offline Vidiot

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 08:08:51 PM »
if it does with all games or most of your games. sounds like you are not lagging. those pings are not that bad.

more than likely you have FPS problem. try turning down the sound and video settings some. turn off shadows. ect. till you get at least 45 or more FPS. in game you can see your FPS and it will show an average. hold Ctrl key and hit F12. to toggle on and off the FPS.
Like I've said, I'm positive it's not the pings. Something somewhere else is causing lag, possibly packet loss.

I get around an average of 40fps with everything on at 1024x768. That's the setting I've been running it at for a loooonggg time

Offline Ч Vípër

• Junior Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 08:28:34 PM »
Well Vidiot, if they are moving and you aim at them, it doesn't matter how close you are you will miss. You need to aim at where they will be in the bullet passes by.

Hyds i like to go by that theory but if u r in a australian server us Aussies only have to lead about  half the distance in front of the person and if we r i na American server we will have to aim about 1.5 to 2 inches infront of someone

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 10:39:29 PM »
Um, did you check mxy's faq?  I know it helped me when I needed it, so It could help you.

Sonic
Yup

512. I DID have it at 768 with lag, so I changed it to 512 and I still have lag. I'm pretty sure that's not the problem since I have lag in other games that don't have that option.

Wow... so many assumptions made here!

Vidiot: So when the other games besides Halo lag, are you playing NETWORKED games??

Are they "graphics intensive" games (too?)

(Hint folks: look for the COMMON ASPECTS before jumping to conclusions....)
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »
OK. How close is "point blank range". 2 metres? 1 metre? 20 metres?

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Vidiot

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 11:08:35 PM »
OK. How close is "point blank range". 2 metres? 1 metre? 20 metres?
A couple feet

Offline Vidiot

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »

Sonic
Yup

Wow... so many assumptions made here!

Vidiot: So when the other games besides Halo lag, are you playing NETWORKED games??

Are they "graphics intensive" games (too?)

(Hint folks: look for the COMMON ASPECTS before jumping to conclusions....)

Networked as in LAN, right?

No, they aren't lan games. And they definently aren't graphics intensive. Looks guys, It's not my graphics. I would know if it was my graphics because I would notice a slow FPS. I'm not noticing a slow FPS so stop bugging me about it  :bang:

Offline Vidiot

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 11:11:15 PM »
Another thing. When I play Halo in LAN I don't have to aim ahead of people like I do online here at my house.

Offline Ч Vípër

• Junior Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 01:00:30 AM »
As i have already said your ping Determines how far infront u have to aim so a pistol with 0 ping aim straight at there head at even the Pistols max range at it wil lhit em there

GO into a server and u have say 124 ping u will have to aim that pistol about 1 CenterMetre ahead (about 1 rd of a inch), now say u joi na server where your ping is over 300 with that pistol u will have to aim a Inch or more infront to hit them

Offline Vidiot

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »
As i have already said your ping Determines how far infront u have to aim so a pistol with 0 ping aim straight at there head at even the Pistols max range at it wil lhit em there

GO into a server and u have say 124 ping u will have to aim that pistol about 1 CenterMetre ahead (about 1 rd of a inch), now say u joi na server where your ping is over 300 with that pistol u will have to aim a Inch or more infront to hit them
I get 67 ping in almost every server (except of course aussie servers) and I still have to aim an inch or so ahead.

Print