Print 

Author Topic: New server for BFM!  (Read 5317 times)

Offline BFM_ColWlkr

• BFM Admin
Re: New server for BFM!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »
Still, I would really like to see BFM put up a dedicated bloodgulch-only ctf with classic weapons.  Each team gets a tank, a banshee, a rope, and a knife.  The last man standing wins.  JK!  Seriously, though, a BFM classic weapons bloodgulch CTF would be to die for.  No modifications or extra rules would be necessary.  =)

The ROCKS server has such a setup, along with other maps of course :)

Offline Akuma

• Junior Poster
  • Fist Philosopher
    • Akuma
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 07:21:25 PM »
I meant dedicated just for the gulch CTF.  I have seen that map on rotation in the ROCKS server, but it is only up briefly before it goes back to the crappy boring maps again.  =\

Offline Arya

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 08:24:50 PM »
I agree with hlao..but if theres gonna be cookies, I'm torn.. :interesting:

Credit: Inferno
--------------------------------------
Recruitment Status-
Applied for recruitment- December 11, '08
Vent access- February 15, '09
Earned small tags (bfm_): May 3, '09
Earned BIG tags (BFM_): August 9, '09
Gained CORPORAL rank: December 5, '09
Left BFM: February 13, '10

--------------------------------------

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 08:41:22 PM »
Although I've never played this gametype before, it sounds like running it would be more trouble than it's worth. We already have a large number of servers to moderate and our admins are at times stretched thin. Someone also mentioned that the server would need to be modded, and I'm afraid that's something, as a rule, that BFM is not willing to do for any of our servers. It's an interesting idea, but realistically, I don't see this happening any time in the near future.

Thank you for posting, though. We appreciate people coming forward with new ideas, and suggestions are always welcome. :) I'm definitely going to try out this gametype for myself as soon as I get the chance. ;)

Hlao is right on the money here.  :)

We always are open to new ideas, but the servers are not cheap to put up and require admins to use their spare time to admin in them.  While a few here have voiced interest, its unlikely there would be enough to validate the expense and admin hours needed to make it worthwhile, unfortunately.
We've tried a few different mods and such on our Halo servers, and think we've found the ones that seem to attract the most guests.  And again, Hlao is exactly correct - we are reluctant to mod our servers in any way.

But its nice to see someones come up with a new idea for Halo though and at least toss it out there. :)

Offline Benjy

• Posts Too Much
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 12:24:23 AM »
If there were cookies yea of coaurse. Hehehe. Tiz just my opion but, I dont really care xD. Its just that I dont think so coz like, we've already got rocks. And were a racing clan. So yeah. Just my opion  ;D

Applied for recruitment, August, 30th, 2009
Vent access, 10th, October, 2009 Giving by BFM_Slim
First ever Scrim, 19th October, 2009
Small tags, 28th October, 2009 By BFM_JANE and BFM_ Kiwi
Big tags, 31st Decmeber, 2009 By BFM_Slim and BFM_Elvis.
Thanks to my awsomeness Sgt. d3 for getting me through
Received Corporal, 21st of April
Drop Corporal, N/A
Dropped tags April 16, 2012
Little tags are back, 29 Dec, 2012 :D
Picked up big tags again, N/A

Offline Moosh

• Regular Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 01:31:01 AM »
I think this would probably be a good idea for CE rather than normal halo. Since in normal halo every time someone came in you'd have to explain what you were doing, how to do it, etc. On CE it would be almost like invite only so you'd get a group and go there when ya wanna play, and could even get a custom map made for it especially :P

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 06:10:20 AM »
Yeah, we probably should have explained that.

A cops and robbers server is a modified CTF server.  In some of them, they totally disable the flag.  Anyway, usually the map used is infinity.  It is in slayer format, except the CTF game type makes each team always spawn at their own specific base.  You go out to the other base getting as many kills as you can.  If you are fighting someone and you are about to die, you can crouch.  The person will see you crouched and will stop shooting at you, and then you are considered "captured".  The person who captured you has to walk you back to their own base and put you in the holding cell.  You must remain captured at the enemy base's holding cell until someone comes to rescue you.  The rest of your teammates should be trying to work their way to the enemy base to capture you, but at the same time they can be killed/captured in that process.  In this way, it becomes a war where prisoners are taken.

rules
-do not shoot a crouched person
-you must walk the captured all the way to your base
-you must remain captured until your teammate kills the guards

modifications sometimes associated with CnR:
-3 weapons instead of 2
-fall damage is disabled on the server to allow for people to jump down from the bridges without dying
-picking up the flag being disabled so it cannot leave the base and be used to score

I probably explained this badly, but that is the basic gist of it.

I really like the sound of that! Awesome!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline -db-DeafBoy

• Newbie Poster
  • Anime Addiction
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 10:02:55 AM »
new server... phrase removed....

Late in catching this.. very late... but please be careful how you express yourself on our forums.
~BFM_Wic~
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:51:04 PM by BFM_Wic »

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 11:33:52 AM »
if this is allowed there could be special admins for the CnR server but then again there could be a "shortage" of admins. just a quick thought??
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline BFM_Thunder

• BFM Admin
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 02:54:45 PM »
I think this would probably be a good idea for CE rather than normal halo. Since in normal halo every time someone came in you'd have to explain what you were doing, how to do it, etc. On CE it would be almost like invite only so you'd get a group and go there when ya wanna play, and could even get a custom map made for it especially :P

i was just about to post this myself !!!  ;D

same thoughts, good idea!  :)

Offline powergamer

• Junior Poster
  • I'm always here for you
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »
Lol

Offline Fréèza

• Junior Poster
  • Vaporise this.....little rodent!
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 01:18:31 AM »
I don't really think BFM need a 'cops and robbers' server, to me BFM is about racing, and i don't mind the COD4 server either. I have a feeling BFM admins will not want to take part in admining a cops and robbers server. Also if we were going for another server it would have to be a new aussie one :)

bfm_Freeza
///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Thanks for the christmas present MrT!

Thanks Tails!

Thanks Marine!!

Offline Bôôm

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 01:23:58 AM »
You have got me intrigued

What type of Cookies

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 04:52:50 AM »
Also if we were going for another server it would have to be a new aussie one :)

I agree. ;D

Offline Fyro

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »
I think it would be cool for BFM to branch out in other places then racing. I'd play on it    ;D

Print