Print 

Author Topic: Rapid-Buc  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Surfsup913

• Junior Poster
  • Don't mess... or my Rohirrim will charge!!!
Rapid-Buc
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:49:11 AM »
I just left a game on the British server.  During this match player "Rapid-Buc" was on foot and waited at a nav and rocketed me and then left without taking the hog.  This happened twice.  On another occasion he waited outside of the blue base and naded my hog as I was coming out and there were other hogs sitting in front of the base.  He was still on the server when I left so if some one wants to go check it out I recommend it.  Just thought I should let you know!

Thanks,

-Surfsup913

Offline Mercoledi

• Junior Poster
Re: Rapid-Buc
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 01:02:32 PM »
Hiya!

Also had some problems with Rapid-Buc. He camped the player/hog spawn points on Gephy with a RL, completely and utterly ignoring the empty hogs that spawned there and instead attacking whoever just spawned there or approached to go up/down the ramps. He left after a failed attempt to kill the driver of another lone hog.

Cheers! :zoid:
If you're normal, the crowd accepts you. But if you're deranged, the crowd'll make you their leader!

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »
I cant help but like Rapid. Yes iv had some 'naughty' experiences from him lately, but he  is a racer at heart, and he knows it, so why, oh why does he stoop to breaking rules when, previously he was an outstanding racer. Well whatever the cause, i hope he comes through it and goes back to the racing that he is best suited to.

Regards,
               Sp@rt101

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:20:31 PM »

Rapid-Buc has been around a long time.  I don't really remember him being a problem, but we'll be on the look out.  Maybe he was bored or had a bad day.

Offline Mercoledi

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 05:39:24 AM »

Maybe he was bored or had a bad day.
Then it would appear that he just had another bad day. Camping with RL and active camo under bridge on Ice Fields, or with overshield and RL on the bridge, and chasing kills in the rare cases he drove a hog.
If you're normal, the crowd accepts you. But if you're deranged, the crowd'll make you their leader!

Offline Mint!

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:03:54 AM »
i agree with Sp@rt101, he s an exceptional racer but his attitude atm is not the way he should or used to be, hope he turns around :P

Mint!

Offline a victim

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »

Rapid-Buc has been around a long time.  I don't really remember him being a problem, but we'll be on the look out.  Maybe he was bored or had a bad day.

He's one of those players I'm always wary of when he joins a server. Sometimes he is fine, and just races, and is very good at that, and fast.

Other times, he can veer towards the slayer side of things. Haven't seen him hog camping, but he will go on foot and slay with rockets, and not take the hog he's just blown you out of. Maybe he does just proceed to the next nav, but if he's blown you out of a hog, then surely - by BFM rules - he should take it?
Danger Canyon = 76.33    Gephy = 54.23
Ice Fields = 68.33            SideWinder = 90.05
Death Island = 55.80       Infinity = 99.20
Infinity all Navs = 90.40   Blood Gulch = 62.87
Timberlands = 47.53        Infinity (Walking) = 286.53 ;-)

Offline Mercoledi

• Junior Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 02:11:17 PM »

Maybe he does just proceed to the next nav, but if he's blown you out of a hog, then surely - by BFM rules - he should take it?
Yep, if you kill the occupants of a hog while on foot, you're supposed to take it. Only exceptions are if it's unfeasible to take it; e.g. if you try to jack a hog on the bridge on Ice Fields and it drops down, you may choose not to take it since chances are good that someone else took it already by the time you get there if you go down via teleporters, and jumping after it is rather suicidal. There are only very few exceptions like that, though, and that's the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 09:58:25 AM »
Getting fed up to the back teeth with this guy. Any good will i felt towards him has run out. Constant map walking, refusing to use jacked hogs, slaying, you name it, tho he is apparently crafty enough to try not to be caught.

Yesterday, he was on my team. On spawn on icefields, heads towards RL hog, so i head with him, to team up. Instead of jumping into the hog, he looked to see what the opposition was doing , and began spam nading the area.

Was in a server a couple of weeks ago practising, no one else in there. He comes in and within 2 mins was trying to use me as target practice with the rocket launcher, by jumping out of his hog, to kill my solo hog.

This has been going on for months (check last date of post) and he has NOT changed one iota.

Sp@rt101

Offline Victus

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 12:49:17 AM »
i will be watching for him

[img width=417

Started being PR - July 23, 2010
Received Vent - August 27, 2010
Little Tags! - October 10, 2010
BIG TAGS! - January 11, 2011
Lieutenant -May 3, 2012

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 09:32:03 AM »
Yet again, 2 consecutive maps. Killing solo hogs when there are others there, for no apparent reason. Unbelievable!

Sp@rt101

Offline a victim

• Junior Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
Yet again, 2 consecutive maps. Killing solo hogs when there are others there, for no apparent reason. Unbelievable!

Sp@rt101

Do you remember Mankki?

Rapid-Buc does the same things as Mankki does on Sidewinder.

ie drive to first nav, go up the ramp, leave his hog blocking the bridsge to the 2nd nav, get the rocket launcher, wait for next hog to turn up, blast it, then go on foot through the teleports getting rocket ammunition at base three, then hog jacking there (if no hogs available)

But it's a deliberate plan to block the bridge at Nav2, and then slay for no reason (ie lone hog = no threat) and he has no intention to go back to his parked hog that has been left to block you.

Mankki used to do exactly the same.

Yes, it is faster for the first half of sidewinder to go through the teleports, but in that case he should be proceeding to the next nav, not hanging around to kill with rockets.

Always have a "uh-oh" feeling when I see Rapid-Buc enter a server.
Danger Canyon = 76.33    Gephy = 54.23
Ice Fields = 68.33            SideWinder = 90.05
Death Island = 55.80       Infinity = 99.20
Infinity all Navs = 90.40   Blood Gulch = 62.87
Timberlands = 47.53        Infinity (Walking) = 286.53 ;-)

Offline -db-DirtyH

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 02:04:26 PM »
was in the server with him today... camping, slaying.. passing hogs and start slaying.
the only thing which makes him a racer is that he´s gettin laps.

thx neo^^

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »

I see Rapid-Buc here and there, and a Rapid-BUC, don't know if they're the same. Don't think I've really had a problem with him in the past personally, but we'll take a look and see what there is to see from him. Thanks guys!

Offline Jä×

• Posts Too Much
  • Resident furry
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 11:01:43 PM »
Had a Rapid-Buc in the other night, zero problems from him with no admin. Might be two different people, or an impersonator even.

Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD FX4100, Gigabyte 990FXA, G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 1866, Saphire Radeon 2x512 256bit, Thermaltake Toughguard 850

Print