Print 

Author Topic: Braid and other inde games  (Read 1723 times)

Offline BFM_SirTaco

• BFM Admin
  • Bother!!!!!
Braid and other inde games
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:04:32 PM »
So i got an inde gaem on steam called Braid which is a side scrolling platformer (like mario)

http://braid-game.com/

check it out!!! its probably one of the greatest Inde games i have ever played and well worth the money on the steam Holiday sale (i think it was $2.56 US)

are there any other inde games that you guys play because i have found myself going more towards games that stretch the possibilities and have something new and exciting.  The only place i have really found that is in the inde market.

if you have suggestions please leave them below  :winkgrin:

~Sir :taco:~

P.S. also try world of goo, audio surf, alien swarm, penumbra: overture, Trials 2, and the Witcher

not all of these are really Inde games but they have all impressed me with either an interesting storyline, something new in the games play mechanics, or stunning visuals

Offline MufnMan

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know The MufnMan?
Re: Braid and other inde games
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:04:05 AM »
that acually looks really fun! i might have to try that out one of these days. GREAT FIND!!!  :yesyes:
54.77    62.93    46.97    77.27    68.80    55.83    99.93    89.77

"Live in the present,remember the past,and fear not the future,for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now."
-Saphira/Eldest-

“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.”
-Calvin&Hobbes-

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon-

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 02:26:12 AM »

What's the point in playing if you can redo things immediately? Or "warp time", or "see multiple realities", which would also make the game a bit easier. Haven't played it, but it would seem to take away a bit of the feeling of accomplishment. Just going by the video on the website!

I got the Misadventures of [initials] Winterbottom, it's a puzzle-solving game. Pretty fun, and walkthroughs on YouTube helped for the really hard ones. Not that I got much past the second level. It was hard!

Offline BFM_SirTaco

• BFM Admin
  • Bother!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 05:31:45 AM »

What's the point in playing if you can redo things immediately? Or "warp time", or "see multiple realities", which would also make the game a bit easier. Haven't played it, but it would seem to take away a bit of the feeling of accomplishment. Just going by the video on the website!

I got the Misadventures of [initials] Winterbottom, it's a puzzle-solving game. Pretty fun, and walkthroughs on YouTube helped for the really hard ones. Not that I got much past the second level. It was hard!

it is actually REALLLLLLLY hard and i thought it would look easy also rewinding time works in place of having a lives system and it can also be used to see multiple realities like it says and some of the puzzles need up to 3 multiple realities to get the job done

Print