Print 

Author Topic: Halo : Reach  (Read 16312 times)

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
Re: Halo : Reach
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »

just a little pic of the falcon i wanted to post.still sad i gotta wait til september  :'(

anyway:
- http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/article.aspx?ucc=depot&cid=25873 there is info on customization at the link above.im pleased with the new system they came up with.
-in case you didnt know.if you preorder the game you get recon armor!
-there are fifty achievements here is a pic of 49 of them :
-Blood Gultch is back and unmistakably gigantic! Red vs Blue helps introduce the map along with a glimpse of the Rocket Warthog and Spartan holograph ability
-i discovered something......wierd.a player can be killed by just the impact of a grenade hitting them in the head rather than the explosion.
-apparently u can avoid fall damage by crouching just before landing.....interesting.
-once again you can hit live grenades out of the air
-there is a really cool animation .if u assaisinate someone in a jetpack while in a jetpack u can throw them down killing them  :siderofl:
-the focus rifle's beam can redirect rockets
-if u use armor lock on top of another player they can move youaround which is pretty cool.
-sometimes when shooting bullets a random golden bullet comes out sometime  :-\ and on the golden bullets if u look in theater mode at the bullet it will say cheif on it! "gasp!!!" cheif is back!
-if you look at mountains or cliffs u can see faces in the rocks
-as an elite you can do a mix of a jump and evade which can be usefull for getting high places
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:34:35 AM by PR_zakpak »

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 06:16:58 AM »
-Reach will feature multiplayer support via Xbox Live, System Link, and Split screen.

Like that wasn't on any of the other Halo games?   :siderofl:

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 07:58:55 AM »
lol just stating the faccts  :LOL:

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »
after such recent discoveries on gameplay of Reach.i dont believe it will be a dud anymore.
Its basicly a combo of all halo games
Halo:wide open areas and maps
halo 2:awesome story
halo 3:beasting multiplayer
halo 3 odst:firefight
halo wars:a wide variety of choices

this will definately be my favorite game when it comes out.

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »
guess what everyone?big news!reach has the race gametype!!!!!!!yaaaaayy

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »
i discovered that now in firefight you can choose which announcer including:noble six,carter,jorge, unnamed soldier, Buck, Jun, Emile, Kat, Johnson, Cortana and John-117.
plus an unknown voice can also be used.im gonna pick mastercheif! :chief:

wow not many ppl reply to this topic yet it has TONS of views!

also i discovered that noble six's gender is not known due to the fact that the player can choose their gender and the way they look in campaign.interesting new strategy bungie
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:37:22 AM by PR_zakpak »

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
Oh and also,there will be a missle warthog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 06:11:19 AM »
Cant wait!!!!! Blood Gultch looks reall awsome. red vs blue did a vid on it. rocket/missle hog looks sweet, but i think i read some where it was the last halo game but i might be wrong. Cant wait!
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 07:35:04 AM »
Cant wait!!!!!  but i think i read some where it was the last halo game but i might be wrong.

well zeek this will be the last halo game by bungie at least though i think if they make anymore halo games they'll be shoving it down .i think six is enough,even for a juggernaut franchise like this! anyway yeah i think halo reach will be beyond what we expected!

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 09:10:13 AM »
Well, in all fairness Reach is what we would imagine would be the ultimate culmination of everything so far. Reach is supposed to be really advanced, a research planet almost. If they don't have the most amazing stuff then who will? xD
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 09:36:01 AM »
i agree with ya superman...

just a question....

would this be the order to play all halo games??

Halo Reach
Halo Combat evolved
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo ODST

Not real sure were to put Halo Wars.
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010, 12:39:42 PM »
well in chronological order its :
Halo:Reach
Halo combat evolved
Halo 2
Halo 3:ODST (really should be halo2:ODST lol)
Halo 3

and i dunno where halo wars is either.i know its before ce though.

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010, 01:17:52 PM »
Hay there i got more info on reach!

-it is rumored that the grunt birthday party skull will be returning!YAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!
-six achievements have been revealed so far!
  - A Monument to All Your Sins – Complete each Campaign Mission on Legendary – alone.
  -Banshees, Fast and Low – Hijack a Banshee during the Reach Campaign.
  -Yes, Sensei – Earn a First Strike Medal in a Matchmaking game.
  -A New Challenger – Complete all of the Daily Challenges in a given day.
  - Make It Rain – Purchase an item from the Armory that requires the rank of Lt. Colonel.
   -If They Came to Hear Me Beg – Perform an Assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would’ve been fatal.
-also it was revealed how many achievement there would be and how many in each category
  -49 – There will be 49 total Achievements in Halo: Reach when it is released on Sept. 14th.

• 23 – Number of “Campaign” Achievements 
• 7 – Number of “Firefight” Achievements 
• 4 – Number of “Multiplayer” Achievements
• 6 – Number of “Training” Achievements 
• 9 – Number of “Player Experience” Achievements 

-off topic but zeek halo wars comes before reach in timeline lol
-If you equip the jetpack, you can see the same graphic seen on the hornet underneath the jets after you start to hover in the air.
-If you look into the sky in the trailer you can see a "7" in the sky. Bungie is known for their love of the number 7 and often sneak it into weird places.
-When you pick up the flag in Halo Reach while playing the "Stockpile" gametype right as the timer reaches 0, you will be left with no gun. You will look weird, with your hands awkwardly held in front of you.
-It is possible to assassinate people through glass. This can be demonstrated on Sword Base pretty easily.

anyway all i got for now  ;D

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »
a bit of news for ya heads! :victory:

-SPARTAN armor is unlocked by winning or finishing Matchmaking games, beating Campaign levels, playing Firefight, getting Commendations, completing Achievements, or by completing daily and weekly challenges, players will be able to earn "credits" (cR) which will allow them to purchase new armor
-elite armor customization does not cost additional cR, but requires the player to reach a certain rank
-Additionally, the Limited and Legendary Editions of Reach include exclusive armor permutations/effects for your player character. The Limited Edition comes with the "Sangheili Officer" Elite permutation, while the Legendary Edition includes the aforementioned permutation, along with a Spartan "Flaming Head" effect. A redeemable token that gives the player access to the Recon Helmet will be bundled with the game to all sales made on the release date, and with all pre-orders outside of the United States. However, if the player is equipped with the exclusive flaming helmet effect, the flames will be visible during gameplay but will not be shown in cinematics
-Spartan customization in Reach is increased from the four areas in Halo 3 and the Multiplayer Beta to ten areas in Reach. These areas are: Helmet, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Chest, Knee Pads, Visor Color, Armor Effect, Utility, Wrist, and Firefight Voice.
-its also believed that you can choose where your knife will be in-game on your armor
-

here is a pic of all avaiable armor permutations known
-Halo: Reach features the Elite character models only in specific gametypes such as Invasion.
-Halo: Reach also grants players the ability to add various accessories to their armor, such as helmet cameras and bandoleers, which affect aesthetics only.
-Armor Effects are effects on your character model performed while either living or dead, depending on the one chosen. Two post-mortem Armor Effects icons have been released through Bungie's weekly update on 7.16.2010. They include a confetti explosion from your corpse, similiar to the Grunt Birthday Party skull from Halo 3. Also, an explosion of winged hearts appears to be included in the final game. Two other effects appear to take place when you are alive (whereas the other ones had skulls as backgrounds, these have normal helmets). These effects include what appears to be a stink cloud around your head and lightning bolts shooting out from the side of your head.
- i should also note the weapon the concussion rifle,i dont know much about it though i do know that it has similar effects of the brute shot and a targeting reticule is like the needlers

if you have any questins please feel free to PM me and i'll answer!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:08:42 PM by PR_zakpak »

Offline Trekstr

• Regular Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 12:58:22 AM »
Ok I think I've made my decision: I'm so getting halo reach
Cya on the tracks, Cheers,
               BFM_Trekstr

Joined forums: January 13, 2010
Applied to BFM: January 13, 2010
Assigned a Corporal: January 15, 2010: BFM_Zakk
Recieved Ventrilo access: March 11, 2010 given by BFM_Lucky
Recieved small tags: May 29, 2010 given by BFM_JANE
My new trainors were BFM_Mr.P (primary) and BFM_Lucky (secondary).
Dropped recruitment due to unfortunate time constraints: August 31, 2010
Re-applied: October 19, 2010
Corporal Assigned: October 23: BFM_MrT
Vent re-given: November 20, 2010 by BFM_Mil
Small tags re-given: January 21, 2011 by BFM_Jay
New Trainer: BFM_Jmaster
Big Tags Given: April 23, 2011

Print