Print 

Author Topic: Server Cost  (Read 1125 times)

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
Server Cost
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »
I was reading this: >>http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php/topic,45887.0.html<< and Booyah said that BFM people pay for the servers out of their own money. How much exactly would that cost?

~Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: Server Cost
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 06:32:20 PM »
We have a few members including myself that cover the cost of our servers and vent and website and domain names and web space and many many other things. This would include a headset bought by BFM for our members or computer parts bought by BFM for another Member etc. Those few that are paying can afford to do so. Myself and the others are happy to offer these services for all of BFM. We dont expect our guest or BFMs to pay anything. Giving their time to admin is all that is asked. I can tell you I dont work for free. My time for someone to buy isnt cheap. So I dont expect all the BFMs who give up their time as a cheap cost. They give up their time and dont charge BFM for any of their labor. That is the highest cost to BFM which is given for free from its members. So I really cant put a price on the servers and the time and so many more things. All I can do is say those paying for the cost of BFM can afford to do so and are happy to do so for everyone. Sorry I cant be more specific. I hope that explains BFM enough to explain how we pay for things and how we tick.

Print