Print 

Author Topic: nades up but not down  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Stone_Cold

• Newbie Poster
nades up but not down
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:07:50 PM »
I have a question, why are we not allowed toss nades down from elevated areas but we can toss them up elevated areas?
And thats the Bottom line, cus BFM said so

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: nades up but not down
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 02:53:59 PM »
This rule was written with the intention of attempting to give both parties (the player on foot, and the enemy hog with or without a gunner) a fair chance at killing each other. 

You're allowed to nade up elevated areas, because the enemy gunner would always still have a good chance of being able to shoot you as well.  Even if the hog does not have a gunner, that player would still have a chance to attempt to run the player over.  Either way, both parties are given a fair chance of being the victor. 

You aren't allowed to nade down because it essentially is providing a distinct advantage towards the player on foot.  In most (not all, Blood Gulch ledges, for example) situations, the player that is on the high ground could nade at the oncoming hog without the gunner having any chance to shoot that walker.  Another situation is if a player is jumping down from a ledge, that person has a huge advantage over someone if they were allowed to nade before hitting the ground.  To allow for both players to get an equal chance and let skill have a more dominant hand, it was felt that neither person should be allowed a distinct advantage like that.

Of course, there is one scenario that a player isn't allowed to nade up at.  That situation is when you are in-between the Danger Canyon ramps in the middle of the map.  Because of where that nav is located, you have to drive over the top of it, meaning your gunner would have no chance at all of shooting someone right in between the ramps. 

Ultimately, it is simply to give a more level playing field to everyone, regardless of if you have to walk or if you're in a hog.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline Stone_Cold

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
Ok i understand but it the situation that happened to me I have to disagree with you not becuase i want to be a rebel and not follow the rules, but becuase my situation was a little different.  ok we were racing on Sidewinder.  It happened at the second nav point.  There as an enemy in front of me lone, just like myself, and he hit the ramp at the wrong angle before the turn, too far to the left. He flipped his hog over the side of the ramp, closes to the first nav and he fell down with it.  He through a Nade up and it landed on my hog we not the end result of that. but the reason i disagree is becuase there is not way i could have ran him over unless i fell of the ramp, i.e like he did to try to make it look like it was a mistake.  In this situation what would be the ruling on that? 
And thats the Bottom line, cus BFM said so

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:16:38 PM »
In that situation, none of this really plays into effect at all.

He had no right to nade you, because you didn't force him off the ramp - if I read correctly into your explanation.  You didn't do anything at all to cause him to fall off the ramp.  You didn't have a gunner shooting at him, and you were no threat to him at all.  If that is all true, then that player was in the wrong because they went past their hog they had to try to kill you.  They should have just gotten back in their hog and tried to get back up the ramp.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:18:15 PM »
I agree 100% with Navy. That person had a hog and you were no threat to him or her. No reason for that person to nade at all. Same even if that hog had 2 people in it. You are still no threat and no reason for them to try to nade you.

Print