Print 

Author Topic: how did you come to BFM servers?  (Read 6281 times)

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
Re: how did you come to BFM servers?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 06:45:01 PM »
hmmmmmmm well long long ago, when my name was Eagle, and yea some may remember that, i randomly said i want to race, went to a random server (BFM) and decided it was the only race server i would go to... started my own clan [IDS] didnt last long becuz I lost my computer due to to many hammer strikes >.> <.<... i got my new comp like 2-3 yrs later, and started with the name EaglesFate and decided i really miss BFM =[ so i came back yay for me!!!!!

Offline Soul

• Senior Poster
  • Be back in 5 minutes, If I'm not, read this again.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 07:38:36 PM »
I came across the race filter, I thought it was cool. First race server I jumped into was BFM, Did not know the rules to well but I loved being here. Anyways, Tried others and found I did not like the set up, Found out that this is a huge family wanted to join, Applied and well here I am today. I love the fact that they keep it clean, It's a quality I love.

Offline BFM_WeeGee

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »
Started when I got bored of other game types, i set filters to race and only saw BFM come up on the list, so i thought okay ill race in here, and i liked what i was seeing, my PC could hardly run halo so i just raced for a while until i got a new PC and decided to join the clan :]

Scrim Highlights
Soccer Scrims
Team Zakk | WeeGee Season VII Champions
Aussie Scrims
Team Nemesis Season IV Undefeated
Captain Scrims
Team WeeGee | Bleach Season XIX Undefeated

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »
a few years ago i went to my friends house and he had a game called halo 3 i played it and i loved it! i craved the awesomeness since. so i bought halo for PC i started as new001 as just a random guy i played on many servers until i found out about racing so look and saw an interesting server: BFM. i went in and i had fun. so i went to the site and signed up but i was told by my corporal that new001 was too common so i went by my nickname zakpak.
long story short i found out cause i was curious

Offline Glêññ Z

• Senior Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »
well the first day i got halo online (had halo b4 i had online) i first came into a bfm server..

i liked it and i met skedog.. whom i always looked for in teh servers... but one day out of noware i got banned then kept telling skedog to unban me then wala i was unbanned then ive been here ever since even if you will hardly find me now days, (things / buisyness) 

who knows i might even have a job for a week or to helping someone redo their dining room :P

Offline Bleak

• Junior Poster
  • RUN! LIVE TO FLY! FLY TO LIVE! ACES HIGH!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 09:46:14 PM »
I was part of the group who played CTF on the "Beginners Only" server - It's run by a group of admins named Yote, a DJ, Stupidity, and a couple of others. When that server was full (it often was, that was a very popular server), I decided to come to race. Now, they had the same rule of no profanity we do, so that was a pretty easy adaptation. And then I got into it.

Thanks to Trael!

Offline Josh

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 01:14:04 AM »
when i first got the game played throught campaign it got a bit boring so started looking at servers i playd on modded weapons for about 6 months until someone kept hasseling them on there site and they shut the server down so i stopped playing halo for a while and then one day was flicking through games and found halo decided to go back online and saw a race server wondered what it was like (it was a bfm one) and ever since ive been playing race
:D

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 01:25:31 AM »
I got Halo off my friend for free  8) and I decided to see what Halo race was. Found a BFM server and liked it :) Applied to become a PR. Then I met people like Terra, Mr Chief and Shivrz :). Been here ever since (for about 6 monther or so)

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Mith

• Posts Too Much
  • Gandalf to the rescue
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »
I had money from Christmas of 2007 and was deciding what to get with it.  I was never much into video games on xbox or Playstation consoles, and mostly enjoyed PC games.  For a while I played Halo 2 on Xbox with my friends so I thought  I would try it out on the PC since I didn't have an Xbox.  I played for a while on Halo and didn't take to it much until I stumbled into a BFM server.  It got me aware of the whole clan scene and I decided to apply.  I got on vent in March of 2008 and have enjoyed it ever since, and thought that being in a clan made Halo a lot more fun.

Thanks Vintage, it's awesome!

"Ah, but a man's reach should extend his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"

What's this kiwi y'all are talking about?  Sounds like a fruit.
The Journey of Mith
Applied for BFM-March 9, 2008
Given Vent-April 29, 2008
Little Tags-May 26, 2008
Big Tags-July 24, 2008
Corporal-January 8, 2009
Left BFM-July 26, 2009
Little Tags Again-October 26, 2009
Big Tags Again-January 10, 2010
Corporal Again-August 8, 2010

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »
Too right Mith!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »
OH BOY STORY TIME!

Here we go.

Back in the day, when I was Lavacano of the Duckpond, dinosaurs roamed the earth and Michael Jackson was still in the Jackson 5, I found an old copy of Halo floating around. Installed it on my (then horrible) computer, fired it up, played the campaign for a while, then poked multiplayer.

For a while I was on CV8 (which is a no weapons, only hogs server), which had no admins wandering in at any time. This upset me, so I started wandering around for somewhere managed (though I still play on CV8 for lulz). I saw a bunch of racing servers and thought "Hey! I like racing!". I hopped around all the servers (AR, JR, BFM, db), and found BFM was a personal favorite by terms of environment in a public server.
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline BFM_RedFox

• Senior Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 02:32:34 PM »
I saw Halo the first time on a LAN party maybe 6 years ago and I wanted this game too. Some days later I got it and I loved it so much that I've played the campaign several times. The problem was that I got a 56K modem. Playing online was impossible and nobody wanted to play with me via LAN.
It all changed when I started an apprenticeship 3 years ago. I moved out from my parents home to my own apartment. One of the first things I bought was DSL. Now I started playing Halo via Internet. I wasn't good at shooting and aiming so I decided to try race. I got the list of race servers and saw a lot of BFM servers so I tried one. It was so much fun that I haven't entered a different race server ever. Later, I decided to join BFM but I got banned that's why I had to wait 2 months until re-applying. Finally everything went right and now I'm a part of a really nice clan ;D.

Offline Baep

• Posts Too Much
  • A life?? Sweet! Where do i download one of those??
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »
Halo belonged to my brother, i asked to try it and killed someone pretty quickly... i thought beforehand i would suck big time.
I was one of those, no waaay I'll ever game types. Then i found a BFM server and raced now and then, i used some naughty language and Gnaeus tried to ban me, but of all days that day he didn't have RCON  :cop: . I found the website and got on vent pretty quickly. Elvis , Nrv and Petra (many others) became my surrogate family and the whole BFM team opened me up to the world of online gaming and gave me many many maaaaany good laughs and emotional support in tough times.

I miss scrims and the organization sometimes (especially after being a captain for a long time) and then playing in an unruly public server.
I don't however envy all the work and things the admins have to put up with. It really takes a lot of patience if you do it well. Though i appreciate it.
I do miss bagging on everyone on vent too! That made racing a lot more enjoyable  too  :evil:
- Baep

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Offline BFM_Mukkie

• BFM Admin
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
Well 4 years ago i was bored of playing slayer/ctf servers so i decided to try playing race so I joined a BFM server. About 2 mins being in the server i got banned for crouching :P. After I got unbanned i applied to joined BFM and gotten small tags then left 2 months later. I re-applied last Oct. and earned my big tags but i unfortunately had to leave again :'(

Thanks Miggy Poo :)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline Marty

• Posts Too Much
  • A tip o't hat to you!
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 06:47:45 AM »
I was on a CTF server which for whatever reason suddenly rotated to race. Tried it, it didn't feel that good but about a week or two later I thought I would give it another shot. Hopped in to a BFM server... and Enoch was, to put it lightly, a little unwelcoming, but once we'd resolved whatever-it-was-he-took-issue-at I spent many a happy hour racing with Enoch, Kiwi, Vinci et al.

I followed Jim.

Click on the Europe sig to get the link and image code.

Applied for BFM: 28th August 2008
Received Ventrilo: 27th October 2008
Received Little Tags (bfm_): 25th December 2008
Received Big Tags (BFM_): 24th March 2009
Received Corporal Rank: 1st September 2009
Stepped Down From Corporal: 16th March 2010
Nothing happened: 15th July 2012

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

For a US or UK flag, go to >>THIS THREAD<< and quote the whole code. Quote, not copy.

Print