Print 

Author Topic: COD7: Black Ops  (Read 10591 times)

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
Re: COD7: Black Ops
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »
my bet is CoD 8 will be about the war in vietnam
just my thoughts(if there is a cod 8)

Black Ops actually is about Vietnam.

CoD: 8 will take place during the American Civil War.

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »
All CoD's are sweet 8)

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 01:15:53 AM »

Offline MrT©

• Posts Too Much
  • Horses just naturally have Mohawk haircuts.
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 12:14:54 PM »
All CoD's are sweet 8)

Winface :)

Cant wait for it to come out, gonna need to scrape some money to get it and live on xbox  :-X

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »
All CoD's are sweet 8)

Winface :)

Cant wait for it to come out, gonna need to scrape some money to get it and live on xbox  :-X

Scrape money together and get a decent pc and join me on the Pc version :)

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
In my opinion CoD is getting stale, though black ops could be an exception. Did anyone hear about modern Warfare 3? Psssshhh

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »
In my opinion CoD is getting stale, though black ops could be an exception. Did anyone hear about modern Warfare 3? Psssshhh

some people could say halo got stale... y'know when they decided to release ODST...

why cant cod4 give us a shooter than involves using robots vs humans or the world  vs something other than the russians..

Offline Caboose.

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 03:41:33 PM »
i am just going to get it for the PS3. i doubt this computer can meet the minimum requirements and even if it did it would probably get like 10 fps. which isn't rly worth 60 bucks.
   Good Job Shivrz! Thank you! ;D   Thank you speedy Trael and (ØßØ)¶éàÐé® for the sigs :D and thanks to zakpak for putting them together

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »

some people could say halo got stale... y'know when they decided to release ODST...

why cant cod4 give us a shooter than involves using robots vs humans or the world  vs something other than the russians..

mmmmmm 5 halo games vs 8 CoD games........ok sure, and CoD is just too real for me. Halo i like cause it can be any way i want and its full of epicness.. but yeah ODST wasnt that good. I still liked it though

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 01:08:07 AM »
mmmmmm 5 halo games vs 8 CoD games........ok sure, and CoD is just too real for me. Halo i like cause it can be any way i want and its full of epicness.. but yeah ODST wasnt that good. I still liked it though
I like CoD for it's realism... There are tons of games out there that are based on a fantastical or futuristic epic war for humanity's survival against some unkown or unknowable galactic foe.

I personally think the reslism is what makes CoD so groundbreaking and sets it apart from the rest. Ghost recon tried, but the gameplay wasn't nearly as good.

I have to say I came late to the franchise due to a limited game budget, but I'm really impressed by it each and every time I load it up.

~Fraggle
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 03:40:12 AM »
I like CoD for it's realism... There are tons of games out there that are based on a fantastical or futuristic epic war for humanity's survival against some unkown or unknowable galactic foe.

I personally think the reslism is what makes CoD so groundbreaking and sets it apart from the rest. Ghost recon tried, but the gameplay wasn't nearly as good.

I have to say I came late to the franchise due to a limited game budget, but I'm really impressed by it each and every time I load it up.

~Fraggle

The thing is, I dont like squaring off against humans. It just doesn't seem right to me. Even considering that these are just in videogames and they realy happened. Why bring something so terrible like war between humans to a TV screen?

Halo on the other hand I love, your fighting something that unites all humans to destroy  it. It's a group of aliens your fighting.

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »

~Fraggle

The thing is, I dont like squaring off against humans. It just doesn't seem right to me. Even considering that these are just in videogames and they realy happened. Why bring something so terrible like war between humans to a TV screen?

Halo on the other hand I love, your fighting something that unites all humans to destroy  it. It's a group of aliens your fighting.

Sometime we just need to be reminded, because we don't seem to be learning from past mistakes.

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 12:59:12 AM »
I just wanna nail something down here... I like the realistic feel of CoD over Halo and other sci-fi shooters. I have no feeling when I play that I am shooting actual people despite the look of the game's characters. I simply meant that I like the realistic feel of the gameplay and the battle situations.

The use of sound and shadow to detect your enemy, the settings, landscaping and textures, the unpredictability (and even the predictability in some situations)of the story and flow of the plot.

As far as multiplay is concerned, I am shooting my fellow server guests regardless if it's Halo or CoD. They are simply opponents.

In the campaign, Yes, there are humans that have to be killed, but it goes no further than that because, ultimately they are sprites in a computer game that are programmed to shoot the player. In that respect they are exactly the same as elites, hunters and grunts.

I fully appreciate what is being said about the link to wars and conflicts, but I firmly believe that anything that increases awareness of war even a little bit, can only be a good thing. computer games, documentaries, literature, Some of them may protray war in a different light than others, but ultimately they all remind us of it, and it's impact on the world and it's people.

So that's where I'm coming from guys...

now let's get back on topic!   :neckbeard:

BlackOps looks amazing! I hope it has dedicated servers etc... It would be ridiculous not to rly.

Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline Benjy

• Posts Too Much
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 02:14:58 AM »
I must say the new Multiplayer trailer for Black Ops looks amazing! Remote Controlled mini car bombs for killstreaks!!
Yea it is pretty cool, but, yes there is a but, you could get 5 kills off a killstreak reward that only took 3 kills. So it wouldnt be much of an acomplishment to get. Now, getting a 15 killstreak for the sr-71 Blackbird, thats an accomplishment.

Oh Fraggle, there are dedicated servers because the [AE] Halo racing clan started a CoD Clan so I was palyin sum MW2 with em and they said they've bought some servers already ;D Which meansssss, I'ma gunna own you in our own server if i get one  :siderofl: It's only $15 US for a 18 spot server and $25 US for 32 spots. Unlike CoD 6, CoD 7 ranked servers only hold up to 18 people. Oh well, either way, its guna be fun!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:22:53 AM by BFM_Benjy »

Applied for recruitment, August, 30th, 2009
Vent access, 10th, October, 2009 Giving by BFM_Slim
First ever Scrim, 19th October, 2009
Small tags, 28th October, 2009 By BFM_JANE and BFM_ Kiwi
Big tags, 31st Decmeber, 2009 By BFM_Slim and BFM_Elvis.
Thanks to my awsomeness Sgt. d3 for getting me through
Received Corporal, 21st of April
Drop Corporal, N/A
Dropped tags April 16, 2012
Little tags are back, 29 Dec, 2012 :D
Picked up big tags again, N/A

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 07:50:28 AM »

BlackOps looks amazing! I hope it has dedicated servers etc... It would be ridiculous not to rly.

Black ops has dedicated servers, ranked servers (with ability to rise in rank) are up to 18 players, and Un ranked are up to 32... However you can only rent the servers form gameservers because of a deal activision have with them.

i will be a person gaming on black ops from the beggining, -TA- also has a server ordered.

yes the multiplayer does look awesome, as does the single player, no burst weapons <3 which means it'll take skill to use the m16 effectively.

Angelus.

Print