Print 

Author Topic: i have one  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Victus

• Regular Poster
i have one
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »
so it was on icefields. i came in half way through the game and there were no hogs at base so i started walking . when i made it to the up hill tunnel leading towards the bridge i found 2 guys a red and a blue throwing nades at each other, with no hog insight. i decided to that if there was a hog somewhere up there than the red would prob try to kill us and take it. also my team mate that was nading i knew was a good racer and not someone to go slaying for know reason. so i just shot him and killed him with a pistol(the nade fest was going on for a while). fortunatly when we got the bridge there was a hog there. nothing was said about the whole thing, but im just wondering was the slaying. note the red wasnt attacking me but he was attacking my team mate and no telling what would have happened if my teammate did get killed.

[img width=417

Started being PR - July 23, 2010
Received Vent - August 27, 2010
Little Tags! - October 10, 2010
BIG TAGS! - January 11, 2011
Lieutenant -May 3, 2012

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: i have one
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
It sounds to me like what you did was perfectly fine.  You are never forced to have to walk with the enemy.  If players end up leaving a base because of no hogs - you are allowed to try to kill each other.  The reason being - is exactly as you explained - the minute you come to a hog, you guys are going to be fighting over it anyway.  If you remove them as a threat while walking with them, you can remove the potential of them nading you if a teammate tries to pick you up.  You were completely legal (from the facts you've provided) to kill that enemy because all of you were still moving to your navs.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline Victus

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »
ok thats new i thought if there was no hogs where you are regardless if your at base or not you couldn't shot them because that would be considered slaying. whats the deffination of base. where is the line drawn on maps like icefields danger canyon or sidewinder.

[img width=417

Lieutenant -May 3, 2012

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »
Well, the base would just be considered within the vicinity.  There isn't really any set line.  The definition of it isn't necessarily the important part.

Once it has been determined there are no hogs available, you are allowed to open fire on someone that is walking with you.  This could be at the base, leaving the base, or in the middle of the map.  Just be sure you are moving to your navs, and not chasing them - and you would be well within the rules.  As long as your first priorities are to get in a hog and race - you shouldn't have too many problems.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline Victus

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »
ok i kinda been playing a lil differnt i dont attack period unless there is a hog or im attacked first.

this happens alot. what if im on sidewinder and in the beginning fight i got killed i spawn back at base and there are no hogs. so i take the portals. while on the ledge i pick up the rockets and continue on to the next nav on the other side of the ledge, but just before i go into the portal to go to the other side a guy comes through the port. there are no hogs around i have rockets ready and he didnt shoot first. would i be able to blow him up or should i keep walking. for the record i would always continue to walk. but this has happened to me alot except im the guy without the rockets getting blown up.

[img width=417

Lieutenant -May 3, 2012

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »
You could technically do either.  If someone does that to you in a server, it isn't breaking any rules.  You were both moving to your navs, not chasing each other.  It was legitimate contact, with no hogs, so that player would be allowed to fire at you.  (Or vice versa if you were the one with the rockets).
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline Victus

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 10:05:45 PM »
ill keep that in mind. i might just keep walking anyways though it can be misinterpreted as me hanging around the ledge with rockets shooting people.

[img width=417

Lieutenant -May 3, 2012

Print