Print 

Author Topic: zakpak learnin Gimp  (Read 5622 times)

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
Re: PR_zakpak getz his GIMP
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »
I've been using GIMP for 2 years and I'm still miserable at it.

You never stop learning new techniques.

I love to mess with the contrast of images.

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 01:34:35 PM »
Well I could use some help this is gonna sound dumb but.............how do you change backgrounds? LOL

Offline Awesome

• Junior Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 02:11:33 PM »
i was wondering the same thing lol

Thanks Blitz!!

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 06:24:04 PM »
Justin do you use GIMP?

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Awesome

• Junior Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 06:29:47 PM »
some what i made my sig its my first one i just used a brush

Thanks Blitz!!

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
Ahh k

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »
i made this one but im telling all of you.....NONE OF MY SIGS WILL BE GOOD UNLESS SOMEONE TELLS ME HOW TO DO BACKGROUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »
Well, what do you mean by "do backgrounds?"

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »

What do you mean, do backgrounds?

Do you mean take a single image and put it over a background that you made yourself?

If that's the case, the first thing you have to do is learn how to use brushes and new layers, then learn how to add renders to your images.

Find some renders at planetrenders.net. You'll usually have to resize them, they're pretty big.

Let us know if that's what you're wanting to do, someone will be able to help.

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »
what i kind of mean is like in that sig i just posted,id like to take the dinosaur out and put it over a background

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »

Oh, that's called rendering and it's super boring! Let me find a good video...

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
Re: zakpak getz his GIMP
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 01:08:14 PM »
lol boring?

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »

There's two ways to do it. I suppose the easiest and fastest way is to just use the eraser and erase the background.

1. You'll have two layers, the white background layer and your picture you want to remove the background from.
2. Have your picture above the white background.
3. Make sure your picture you're removing the background from is selected in the Layers section.
4. Erase the background.
     a. Use a big solid round brush for large areas.
     b. Use a smaller fuzzy round brush for close to the dinosaur (or whatever you're cutting out).
5. Once the background is all removed, you can delete the layer called "background" so that you only have one layer, the dinosaur.

A way to do it better (it will look better, but takes FOREVER) is by using the Paths tool. Here's the video I watched when I did THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/v/vb8zg4B1wt8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0

Have fun! :P

Oh, coincidentally, that's the render I used when I made your red sig with the Alien, haha -

http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php/topic,45027.msg339386.html#msg339386

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »
lol thanks now im not just a guy who puts words in pictures lol

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 01:40:20 PM »
I uses that cowboy lasso one and its not that hard Jane. Can you please see if I did it well? I did it on that assassins creed sig I made in 'Panther actually starts using his gimp' Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:46:15 PM by PR_Panther »

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Print