Print 

Author Topic: the fuzzy grey line type of question  (Read 907 times)

Offline Victus

• Regular Poster
the fuzzy grey line type of question
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »
so this just happened i was in sidewinder in a loaded rocket hog coming off of the 3rd nav and while turning a team hog came up the ramp going for the nav and rammed us off the ledge all the way over to almost the center of that map between the center and right ice(i know my fault for turning and just not flipping off but i honestly didnt notice there was a hog behind us). not the question though, so back to story.  just when we flipped the hog another lone hog comes straight at us and runs straight through our hog. both of us were on foot just about to get in the hog but we saw him coming at just barely got out of the way(assuming going towards first nav). now i play more passive than aggressive when racing and i normally would have let that hog go on its way IT DID NOT TURN AROUND. even though it sure did look like the driver was trying to get us by running straight into our hog. but my gunner who was also on foot naded the hog as it nearly missed us and than continued to get in the hog. the nade did kill him. nothing was said about camping slaying and all that fun accusations that might be said.now heres the question, was it alright for my gunner to nade that hog. i can see how he would be allowed to because the hog did go straight at us when we will on foot and he naded the hog BEFORE the hog compltely passed us so there was a chance the driver can turn around and nade us which in that case the nade would have been valid and we would already be safe. but i can see the other side, we did land right in the middle of normal travel when going to the first nav so the driver was not going out of the way to get us, and is the best and fastest route(our hog was right in the middle if the driver decided to go around he would have ended on ice). also when my gunner naded we were already out of the way of the driver and safe as long as he didnt turn around. and of of course he had no gunner so no threat there.

so what do you think. i see both sides but its to fuzzy to see which one is clearly legal.

[img width=417

Started being PR - July 23, 2010
Received Vent - August 27, 2010
Little Tags! - October 10, 2010
BIG TAGS! - January 11, 2011
Lieutenant -May 3, 2012

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: the fuzzy grey line type of question
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:19:40 PM »
If an enemy is about to run you down, you are allowed to nade in self defense.  The two of you did have a hog to get in, but if that driver decides to drive straight into your flipped hog (or the one you fell out of) then he's made himself a threat to you.  That driver has the right to swerve and hit you guys (as long as he isn't chasing) to flip the hog or kill you because he knows that if you load up - then you would shoot him.  That action he took has a consequence though - and that is that it makes him a threat to you.  Because he made that decision to try to ram you, you also have the right to nade him in self defense.  Sounds like no rules were broken here  ;D
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline Victus

• Regular Poster
Re: the fuzzy grey line type of question
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
ok ;D

to flip the hog or kill you because he knows that if you load up
i knew i was forgetting another reason :doh:

[img width=417

Started being PR - July 23, 2010
Received Vent - August 27, 2010
Little Tags! - October 10, 2010