Print 

Author Topic: Foot Races  (Read 1299 times)

Offline TheDrummer

• Newbie Poster
  • I LOVE MUSIC!!!! AND BFM SERVERS!!!!!
Foot Races
« on: September 21, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
Have you guys ever thought about organizing foot race servers for smaller levels like Rat Race....I think it would be fun. But I undertsnad that there would have to be major restrictions on weapons and stuff...Maybe just make it melee only.

Just a thought...

Thanks for being an awesome clan BTW  :zoid:
JACK WHITE ROCKS AT...

DRUMS

GUITAR

VOCALS

AND.......Throwing KNIVES?!?!?!?

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: Foot Races
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
This is actually something that we've done in the past, but I don't think we've ever dedicated an entire server for it.  We have had several "Custom" servers in the past that have had foot races on it, but over time, we just found them to not be as popular as the regular hog racing servers.  It can be a nice change once in a while, but people have always tended to go back to what they normally always played :P 

The other thing about foot races is that there tends to be very little teamwork.  Even though you can be contributing to your team getting laps, there's just not as many chances to pick up teammates and work together like you can when you're in a hog race.  Having a team aspect has always been very important for BFM, which is probably one of the reasons you don't see too many foot race maps around anymore (on our servers at least).

We do have a map on our ROCKS server that has a foot race on the map Chill Out.  I believe that's the only rotation we have at the moment for footrace though.
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline TheDrummer

• Newbie Poster
  • I LOVE MUSIC!!!! AND BFM SERVERS!!!!!
Re: Foot Races
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »
The other thing about foot races is that there tends to be very little teamwork.  Even though you can be contributing to your team getting laps, there's just not as many chances to pick up teammates and work together like you can when you're in a hog race.  Having a team aspect has always been very important for BFM, which is probably one of the reasons you don't see too many foot race maps around anymore (on our servers at least).

That makes sense.....

And I would probably get bored with it over time as well and just go back to hog racing....

Thanks
JACK WHITE ROCKS AT...

DRUMS

GUITAR

VOCALS

AND.......Throwing KNIVES?!?!?!?

Print