Print 

Author Topic: CoD 7  (Read 3637 times)

Offline ÆR°

• Newbie Poster
  • Formerly Zeenzie
CoD 7
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:16:42 PM »
First off, apologies if there was a previous post on this, I didn't see anything on this after a quick browse down the board... I didn't look very hard  :evil:

Out in November, I quite enjoyed the trailer I saw for this. In particular, I like the Black Ops RC-XD (an explosive remote control car!), which reminds me of the remote rockets ('sentinel') I used to enjoy using on James Bond's 'Nightfire'.

Now for the nitty gritty, it's a Treyarch release, not Infinity Ward. The Treyarch CoD games (inc. 5: World at War) tend to be less popular and simply not as good (Treyarch copy Infinity Ward's innovation), however, considering the best of Infinty Ward were fired/defected to Respawn, perhaps the Treyarch releases will now become the best that we can expect from the remainder of CoD releases?

I haven't researched online at all yet, but does anyone know what Respawn (half of the ex-Infinity Ward team) are planning on releasing first? What are anyone's other thoughts on this release, good or bad?

CoD 4 remains a landmark game, and so, like Halo: Combat Evoled is to the Halo series, I anticipate it will remain at the heart of the CoD community for a long time. I'm going to buy and install the PC version (I've played CoD 4 only on xbox) right now! As long as you play nice, ColWlkr, it's been a while since I played Cod games on the PC!   :)

Thoughts, comments, reactions s'il vous plait  :clint:

(*mentions James Bond and goes to get out Goldeneye on the N64 - what if this were online!)

~Z
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:36:02 PM by Zeenzie »

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
Re: CoD 7
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »
First off, apologies if there was a previous post on this, I didn't see anything on this after a quick browse down the board... I didn't look very hard  :evil:

Out in November, I quite enjoyed the trailer I saw for this. In particular, I like the Black Ops RC-XD (an explosive remote control car!), which reminds me of the remote rockets ('sentinel') I used to enjoy using on James Bond's 'Nightfire'.

Now for the nitty gritty, it's a Treyarch release, not Infinity Ward. The Treyarch CoD games (inc. 5: World at War) tend to be less popular and simply not as good (Treyarch copy Infinity Ward's innovation), however, considering the best of Infinty Ward were fired/defected to Respawn, perhaps the Treyarch releases will now become the best that we can expect from the remainder of CoD releases?

I haven't researched online at all yet, but does anyone know what Respawn (half of the ex-Infinity Ward team) are planning on releasing first? What are anyone's other thoughts on this release, good or bad?

CoD 4 remains a landmark game, and so, like Halo: Combat Evoled is to the Halo series, I anticipate it will remain at the heart of the CoD community for a long time. I'm going to buy and install the PC version (I've played CoD 4 only on xbox) right now! As long as you play nice, ColWlkr, it's been a while since I played Cod games on the PC!   :)

Thoughts, comments, reactions s'il vous plait  :clint:

(*mentions James Bond and goes to get out Goldeneye on the N64 - what if this were online!)

~Z

At the mention of James Bond 007 Nightfire made me remember fond memories of a past life.

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:27:23 AM »
Well Zeenzie, as a hint, Black ops looks like a more improved version of mw2, including that lovely thing known as Dedicated servers returning.

Oh and it'll be nice to see ya hanging around on cod4, :)

Oh and Nightfire  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love: Was simply my faverite game for the ps2, and i actually bought a ps2 back the otherday simply for it :)

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 12:50:02 AM »
I played it on the PC.

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 03:05:52 AM »
Black Ops looks great.

In other words.... i have nightfire fr xbox but i didnt have live then
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
WOW i didnt know that infinity ward fired a lot of there people, no wonder that game is going down the tubes (noob toobs that is). But ya i was kinda worried about treyarch gaming doing this new cod but it looks like they might have pulled it off and dedicated servers will be cool to have again ( am i predicting bfm servers for black ops? i hope so). and btw ur reference to night fire brought back sooooooo many memories of when i played video games with my bro b4 he went to the marines. We used to yell at each other, "look out for that guy!!!!" or , "dude your almost out reload!!". it was also perty awesome when you could play a video for hours WITHOUT online play. That game was AMAZING. favorite level is the one were you sneak around that building with a dart gun sooo much fun. I also loved the level were you get to fly that red plane thing. oh god well i gotta go play it now lolz  :winkgrin:
 thanks for the awesome post c u on the tracks

BFM_Enoch: "Joel the Jaguar the juggles jets"

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Offline xsix

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 10:49:50 PM »
It looks alright, the trailer makes it look really good, but the gameplay looks kinda'strange.
The weapons all sound muffled and they all look like CoD4 weapons.

I might just get it out for a little bit and play it to see what its like.

Offline Caboose.

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 07:30:26 PM »
i hope they have zombies on it. if they don't I'll cry  :'(
   Good Job Shivrz! Thank you! ;D   Thank you speedy Trael and (ØßØ)¶éàÐé® for the sigs :D and thanks to zakpak for putting them together

Offline InhaledScarr

• Junior Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »
This game is amazing, the TDM( Team death match ) spawns are terrible, your whole team can be at your spawn, and you can kill someone and they will spawn behind you and your team and get an Easy Napalm Strike. Search and Destroy is my Faviorate game type by far. :) yes there are Zombies, which are pretty Creepy looking, if you are looking to get this game please be aware that this is a 17+ game for a reason, with all the Violence and Profanity that comes along with it.

~~ Assassin

made By BFM_Benjy

Print