Print 

Author Topic: New Mmeber  (Read 2411 times)

Offline PR_ßullet

• Newbie Poster
New Mmeber
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
Hello im a new member to this site/clan and i LOVE  the server's atm im a bit  :Words: to all the members asking for there xfire and for them to add me on it.

but why isn't xfire talk allowed on the server(s) ?

Please get back to me in a pm or what ever

~Bullet~
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
cookies!!!

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: New Mmeber
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »

Hi Bullet, welcome to the forums!  If you're wanting to add admins to your xfire, the best thing to do is play for a while and see which admins you play with the most.  After you get to know them and they know you, send them a Personal Message (PM) here and see if they'd add you.  We have a lot of members and most of them won't add someone they don't know.

I'm not sure what you mean by xfire talk on the server... Do you mean using the xfire voice chat while playing? Or a voice chat feature in the game itself?

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »
Hi Bullet.

Welcome to the forums :)

BFM has a policy of not allowing any personal information to be posted in our public forums or servers. This is due to the fact that we have many young guests and admins and we maintain an environment that is as safe as possible for them.

Xfire falls under this policy as BFM cannot moderate what people are saying to each other over an instant messenger program. We do use Xfire a lot and it is an excellent communication tool. All we would recommend is that you only add people to your friends list if you know them a bit. For example, if you have raced with them or seen them in the servers a lot.

Of course, if you are an adult, then by all means add whoever you wish, but for the protection of our younger guests, please respect our policy in the servers and forums and do not post your Xfire publically here, in your profile, or in our Halo/CoD4 servers.

If you wish to add a guest or BFM admin as a friend, you are welcome to send them a private message (PM) and exchange Xfire names privately, but please be aware, most BFM's will only accept your friend request if they know who you are.

~BFM_Fraggle

~Edit: Doh, Jane you beat me to it!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:56:09 AM by BFM_Fraggle »
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline PR_ßullet

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »
K thank's that's what I wanted to know JANE and Fragle I meant asking for there xfire. But is it still ok that when racing ocaccionaly have it open? Please get back to meh.

~Bullet~
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
cookies!!!

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 01:52:22 AM »
I always have xfire open when racing. Like I say, it's an awesome communication tool and many admins and guests use it all the time.

The only thing we don't want is people asking for xfire names in our servers or on our public forums. that has to be handled by private message.

You can use it whilst racing.

~Fraggle
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Print