Print 

Author Topic: OMG, I want one!!! New 'Hog chain gun!!!  (Read 5253 times)

Offline BigShot

• Regular Poster
  • its when you're not looking that the shot hits
Re: OMG, I want one!!! New 'Hog chain gun!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 12:47:18 PM »
I LOVE THE  "MINI-GUN" as its called   

5000 ROUNDS PER MINUTE HIT UR TARGET!!!! WOOT!!

team sig by Slayton, thanks a ton!

My virtues: be silent but strong, never attack in anger, uphold all just laws, and stay 100% loyal to your choices and friends

Offline Floyd

• Senior Poster
  • I Pitty the Foo who can't dance
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 03:18:10 PM »
[

I'm guessing for this demonstration video they packed heavy on the tracers. Looks cooler for prospective buyers.

Ill take two
There's someone in my head but it's not me  ~Floyd

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 09:50:59 AM »
LOL, I remember posting this about the Aero in the old forums.  Still nice to see again.   (!
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline Srenity

• Junior Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 10:39:32 AM »
omg LAVA!!!! GUN!!!! thats so awesome  :rockstar:

Created by BFM_Igor the great

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 02:03:51 AM »
Yeah, realistically it's more like the minigun used on the Scorpion in Transformers. Just a tracer every 5-7 rounds.

Definitely looks cooler with a stream of red heat flying downward though!
Actually the gunship in Transformers was firing a MUCH larger gun. The gun from Transformers was firing 40mm sabot rounds if you remember the references they made to them. A sabot is a jacketed bullet that is actually smaller in diameter than the barrel it is fired from. After leaving the barrel the sabot's shell or jacket breaks away from the main projectile, leaving an extremely fast moving projectile that is often very hard and armor piercing. I am not certain on if tracers are every third round or fifth. Chaindog would be better able to say that. I am only going from my older brother's stories from when he was in the Army. That was 7 years ago. So over time I may have gotten a bit fuzzy on the details, but the fact still remains, thats ALOT of bullets...
Currently traveling through the unknown times in my life. I will be back when i find myself.

Thanks for the sig BFM_H@ngm@n

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »
Ya, that was a 40mm L60 Bofors rapid-fire cannon being shot at "Mr. Scorpion" from (probably) an AC-130E Pave Spectre aircraft, BTW.

What Kid Rock had in his hands in that video (yes, that's Kid Rock...) was a minigun like one of the FOUR GAU-2/A (also) mounted on the AC-130E.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:26:58 PM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zooka

• Junior Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 05:56:15 PM »
Awesome!

-JANE

Offline Rázgrěz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 07:27:22 PM »
The mini gun on the A-10 uses depleted urainum buttlets.

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 10:04:01 AM »
The mini gun on the A-10 uses depleted urainum buttlets.
As do the .50 cal BMG sniper rifles used by the U.S. special forces. Gives the bullets an unmatched density and extreme armor piercing capabilities. but you wont see me eating lunch after handling those without washing my hands...
Currently traveling through the unknown times in my life. I will be back when i find myself.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 03:58:16 PM »
Sorry but the mini gun is not what is mounted in the A-10...as a matter of fact there is nothing mini about the  AN/GAU-8a 30mm Avenger.  Same concept as the mini gun but a whole lot bigger.  The bullets (if you can call them that) are stagered every fifth with depleted uranium rounds and are 11 inches long!  Only slightly slower rate of fire than the mini gun at 3000 rounds per minute.  Gimme two of those indeed!! :o

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Rázgrěz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 04:04:44 PM »
looks like the guns used on ships to shoot down incomming missles. i know what there called but cant spell it lol

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 04:26:45 PM »
You are thinking of the Phalanx CIWS (Close In weapons System) which is based off the 20 mm M61 Vulcan Gatling-type rotary cannon.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 12:22:00 AM »
I agree Booyah, who doesnt need a high volume anti-tank/armor weapon or 2 around the house ;)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 06:04:57 PM »

Ya, agreed.

And I have mine hooked up to a remote control, which - as my neighbor unfortunately found out the other day during a World Series game - looks EXACTLY like my TeeVee remote control!

:o  :o  :o

;D

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print