Print 

Author Topic: Halo Easter Eggs / Secrets  (Read 1967 times)

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
Halo Easter Eggs / Secrets
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:20:37 PM »
For those who are newer to Halo PC, i decided to kill some time, these are some easter eggs (secrets intentionally put into the game for players to find) most of them were already officially found years ago. These are all the ones I can remember :

1. Multiplayer Edit Gametypes Screen

When editing gametypes - The technical drawing of the Master Chief has hidden messages on the labelling. For example: the second entry down on the right side, pointing to MC's left chest plate, says 'All your base are belong to us' a quote from the game, Zero Wing and the second one down on the LEFT side (pointing to his right inner thigh) says 'Sometimes I give myself the creeps'. Lyrics to a song by the band, Greenday.

2. Symbols on pistols

There is a symbol on the underside of the Pistol handle which in Chinese stands for "Power". This can be seen when you melee while holding the pistol.

There is also a number 7 on the top of the barrel of the pistol, although very faint, its defintely there. Ive not been able to figure out or find out why its there though.

3. Hippo symbol on your shells.

Yep, there is a white outline of a hippos head on the shotgun shells that are ejected when the shotgun is fired.

4. Initials on your sole.

"MRL" is written on the sole of the MC's feet. Marcus R. Lehto, Halo's Art Director. Some of you might remember my little modification which replaced it with the initials "BFM". If not, too late, i lost it yonks ago.  ::)

5. Scorpion symbols.

The numbers on the front of the scorpion are the birth date of Marcus Lehto, Halo's Art Director,  born on March 5th, 1969.

Also, there is a dark symbol of a scorpion on the cannon.

6. Keys' pipe.

In the Campaign mode. When you find Captain Keys and hes turned into the flood. The tail of the mutated Cpt Keys has his smoking pipe hanging on the end.

7. Author initials and other hidden messages

A) "PMP2001" is written in blast scarring at the top left hand corner of "Timberland".
This is the map Author's initials.

B) "REX" is written in blood in a hidden room on "The Final Run" of the level "The Maw"
REX is the level designer's nickname (Tyson Green)

C) "M" Is written in bullet holes surrounded in a red heart shaped splatter of blood on the ceiling on the level "The Pillar of Autumn". This stands for "Megg", who is a long time halo community member and also the girlfriend of Jaime Griesemer, who is a Bungie employee. This easter egg can be found by killing captain keys and running into the room where the marines come out from to kill you. (Outside the 'bridge', on your right as you walk out)

8. Masterchief's face.

Is actually just another helmet. At the end cinematic when MC takes off his helmet. By using a program such as "Flycam" you can see him with his helmet still on but holding another.

9. Crashed Pelican face.

Where you pick up the rocket launcher from the crashed pelican on the level "Silent Cartographer", if you look through the cockpit, there is a face.

10. Rocks that change shape?

Both multiplayer and campaign, some of the rocks dotted through the maps change shape each time you play the map. The most noticeable for me were the rocks on Danger Canyon which is where I first figure out what was going on.

11. Plasma weapons deplete shields quicker. Human weapons deplete health bars quicker.
What the title says, remember that the next time you walk past a plasma weapon.  :winkgrin:

12. Lost Marine

On the level "343 Guilty Spark". There is a marine up in the hills.  Throw grenade at the beginning of the level before you get out of the pelican you can stay in and it will take you above the level where you can get out and explore. You can skip facing many enemies (useful when playing on the legendary setting). There is also a hidden camo upgrade in the opposite direction of where you go to find this marine. This marine also has a sound glitch, if you melee him with the pitol until he dies and then melee his body with an assault rifle, Instead of the normal sound you get when clubbing a dead body, you will hear a strange metallic sound effect.

13. The moon
Is actually planet Mars, recoloured.  :)

14.  Hidden Whale noises
Near the end of the level AoTCR (Assault On The Control Room), near the first giant door, stand near one of the pillars, you should hear whale noises. There are actually other parts of the level you can hear this but the popular place to hear it clearest is where said.

15. Hidden Music track
On assault on the control room level on the part where you see the control room entrance and you are on a natural bridge over the final part of the level. There are some banshees that typically some elites get into quickly. With the right tactics you can get into one of the banshees (this is about equally difficulty in any level but the parts before are a lot easier on easy it doesn't affect the outcome) you can alsogo directly to the end of the leve at this point if you get the banshee, which saves you a large part of the level however if you want to hear the hidden soundtrack playing you need go toward the "pryramid" and up the towerish part. There are then 3 little U's around the main shaft. On the second "U" on the right hand side if you get out of your banshee and stand near the edge you hear the track. The music is the theme song from a previous game that Bungie made, called Siege of Madrigal.

16. Silent Cartographer imprinted on base wall.
On the right side of Bloodgulch red base (as you are looking out towards blue base, there is what looks like a reflection of the Silent Cartographer island... Why its there no ones figured out.

17. Hidden faces
Many rocks on this game have faces on them. Whether this was intended or is actually just coincidental due to where a the textures are wrapped around and one end meets the other to give off the look of a symmetrical face i'm not sure. Either way, they look like faces.

18. Sgt Johnson gets emotional with an Elite.
If the last level is completed on legendary, the cutscene as the Pillar of Autumn begins to explode is different to when completed on other difficulties. You will see Johnson and an Elite hugging eachother.

19. Food Nipple Grunt
After Echo 419 is shot down on "The Final Run" of the last mission. One of the rooms as you go through the tunnels has a grunt which says "Good thing that food nipple's waiting back on the starship, 'coz man, have I worked up a big, grunty thirst!"

20. Marathon Symbols
Marathon was an early game by Bungie. Many aspects of halo relate to this game. Marathon symbols are dotted all over Halo. On the back of certain grunts' heads, on the front of Captain Keys (on his badge), On the outside of the Pillar Of Autumn ship. And also on the loading screens (Xbox version).

Anymore that ive missed?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:01:35 AM by BFM_Octane »

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
Re: Halo Easter Eggs / Secrets
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »
Nice finds!

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 09:08:29 PM »
Wow, didn't know of any of them! :P

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 10:07:07 PM »
9. Crashed Pelican face.

Where you pick up the rocket launcher from the crashed pelican on the level "Silent Cartographer", if you look through the cockpit, there is a face.
I just looked, no there isn't!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:44:39 PM by Crimson »

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »
Thats odd, I saw the face 

:roll eyes:

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 05:30:03 AM »
It took me a little bit to see the face in the pelican, I hadn't noticed it before. The others are all there I know. I can't think of any others, I think you've covered all the bases. Nicely done!

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 08:02:32 AM »
Edited 16 to show what map i'm talking about.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 08:23:45 AM »
Only knew some of them. Nice finds Octane!

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 08:30:09 AM »
12. Lost marine. I would like to do that one. But...

Ok, I have completed the campaign (was extremely difficult on easy XD) on easy. When I click campaign, load game, which thing should I click on to get to the level "343 guilty spark"?

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »
Rock's don't change shape.  (According to SirTaco) they rotate at different angles each time the map loads but it's still the same rock.  Each rock in Halo is a full circular (or similarly shaped) rock and usually around half of it is sticking through the ground, but if you use flycam or another program to see under the ground, you will see the other half of the rock.

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 12:04:31 AM »
Yes, rocks are more like icebergs you see.... = )
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013