Print 

Author Topic: Call of Duty BlackOps  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
Call of Duty BlackOps
« on: October 27, 2010, 02:11:49 AM »
Hey guys just wanted your thoughts on cod black ops.
What do you expect?
what so you want to have improved/kept the same when it comes to online play?
Would you like it to be totally different from other cod games or keep it along the same lines?

go ahead and post any feedback will be appreciated

Ill see you on the race track! PR_Joel  :chief:

BFM_Enoch: "Joel the Jaguar the juggles jets"

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
Re: Call of Duty BlackOps
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:50:42 AM »
Theres alot they've changed and very little has stayed the same

for starters they have put in that lovely thing known as, Money (dunno about ranks, they may have kept them but i cant remember off the top of my head), and for the emblem they've made it so we can make our own.

Money will be useful because it will allow you to by the stuff that you want to by, and not have to wait constant ages to get the gun that you are most suited too.

And the emblem that you created can be inserted onto your gun along with many different attachments, which are all customizeable, including the red dot sight which can be edited to have various shape of the sight itself, as well as the red dot that you can change colour / shape (eg have a little blue skull instead of a little red dot.)

there is the first tier perk that will change your players image, aswell as a large amount of customizeable options for the player themselves, which would mean that you wont be looking for the exact same target all the time.

Another thing that is being introduced is the online training gametype where you can be alone with a couple of AI bots and learn to get to terms with the way multiplayer works, which can help with stratagy training and helping newbies into the game without being destroyed.

there is also the wager match, where it is generally a freeforall or 1 on 1 where you can do certain modified gametypes for money, such as 1inthetube, which is a gametype where you have 1 bullet, and each player you kill you get their bullet.

In short, there is alot changing, as well as the Killstreaks that have been limited to 11 killstreaks and to make sure that the kill streak rewards dont count towards other killstreaks, so you can just get a predator strike on a small map, and destroy everything because you get up to a chopper gunner or whatever. so it's much harder but funner to use.

inferno.

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:40:25 PM »
ya i also watched those vids on youtube but i dont like the new systems very much heres why

1. I know that wager matchs will soon become dominated by pro/competitive players.
2. in wager matches if you get killed by a new weapon called the tomahawk u get instantly bankrupted ( u lose all your money )
3. the new graphics on the people in  online play look a lil wierd and kindve a bit cartoonish.
4. I have always like the lvl system because it gives u weapons based on skill level not just saving up and buying stuff like camos and attachments, i have always enjoyed the pleasure of saying "i finally unlocked it!" for extended mags or other attachments/camos. And this cheapens it.
5. THEY DIDNT TAKE NOOB TOOBS OFF OMG!! they also added a lot of new explosive weapons which im extremely worried about
Things i do like about the new systems:
1. I LOVE the new customizable weapons
2. I like the training matches, i'm sure ill be going there first to learn maps and flag locations for domination/demolition etc.
3. The new campaign looks like it will live up to the other games fast pace awe-inspiring graphics and game play.
4. The new maps that they showed look like they will be more fast paced and maybe a lil less "campy"
5. This game overall looks like its more geared towards competitive/agressive play style. which i like and dis like. I am curently looking into competitive play and maybe joining a clan
but at the same time, this game may be take over by clans and competitive players and uber pro guys. And so the casual player such as myself may find that i am being totally owned a lot but thet probably wont happen, i guess ill just have to see.
6. Lastily i really like the new kill streak were u actually take control of the gun on the side of the chopper and fire out. It also looks like they revamped predators and they look perty sweet

heres the link to the black ops channel on youtube  http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY?v=lJerWQhMl6k&feature=pyv&ad=6895172252&kw=black%20ops#p/u/3/G94SolEtpnc
 copy and past to url and press enter. This is the link to the specific video about multi player there are a lot more videos about specific portions of the game Thanks !

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 01:41:28 PM »
My Thoughts

It looks cool as :)

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:08:49 PM »

4. I have always like the lvl system because it gives u weapons based on skill level not just saving up and buying stuff like camos and attachments, i have always enjoyed the pleasure of saying "i finally unlocked it!" for extended mags or other attachments/camos. And this cheapens it.

now that is something that i can comment on.

you say that it gives based on skill level through the game, well what about cage matches in cod4, 1 v 1 hs games which were a nuisance so camos lost their achievement from using them, or that it takes longer to rank up in WaW because the guns get extremely good around level 40, so people under that would spend ages and countless deaths trying to rank up to get a decent sniper. or even mw2 where people would hack the lobbies to get 5000 xp per kill, or other lobbies that would unlock every single rank and challenge, meaning they dont need to do anything.

yes i know, alot of people unlock stuff fairly still, but as the games progress the amount of people begins to dwindle.

and with the money system for unlocks, the harder or more useful attachments will cost alot of money to get.

and the losing all of your money in wager matches, it's part of the wager, yes no doubt there will be a group of people who just stay in wager matches, and gain countless skill in it and will beat everyone, but isnt that part of the game? beating the oposition?

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »
Yes i agree with you on a lot of things ( except i never played waw so idk about that ). But as far as cage match goes infinity ward banned it. Now, people can still go into matches and just hide in a corner but its a lot harder since those people die a lot. And also yes, there are a TON of hacks and infinity ward has lost a lot of respect in the community by not doing ANYTHING about them. i mean if they could patch and nerf the 1887's then i think they can deal with the huge ammount of hacks going on and nuke boosters/ everything else that is seriously starting to annoy me.

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »
There are three different Black Ops threads :embarrassing: (Including yours) I cant wait till it comes out!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »
Never played though i may give it a shot when it gets a bit cheaper and i get more money.

It must be good considering like 75% of the people on my xbox Live friendslist are playing it......

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »
ya ur right LOL

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Print