Print 

Author Topic: Just got Cod 4  (Read 5621 times)

Offline TUR80

• Posts Too Much
  • ME NEEDS MORE TUR80 IN MY HOG
Just got Cod 4
« on: December 24, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
ok so i have it and need to get good
any tips

Timeline of TUR80
Late 2009-Got Halo
Played Funhouse (as TUR805L4Y3R)
Played Omegas Oddball(as A Vehicle)
Discovered BFM (Loved It)
23/07/2010-Became PR and changed name to TUR80
26/07/2010-Corperal assigned - LEGO and then Tails
17/09/2010- Got Xfire (thanks Fuzzy for the introduction)
19/09/2010- Vent Access Given (thanks Zakk)
30/12/2010- Got Little Tags(thanks Xplode and Slim)
Trainers assigned Xplode(1st) and Terra(2nd)
23/02/2011- dStruct assigned Trainer(1st)
1/4/2011 - resigned
20/4/2011 - 1000 posts
5/1/2013 - Re- Applied
16/3/2013 - Vent Access Again (Thanks Enigma)
   Famous Quotes
Don't get mad, get even
If at first you dont sucseed, destroy all evidence that you tried
It is official, I am a spammer :)

Offline V3ngnce

• Regular Poster
  • Pure Epicness.....
    • I will not die!
Re: Just got Cod 4
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 09:30:11 PM »
Well........ don't stand in one place and fire....... its good to get kill streaks..... and the rest ill let other people post on :P
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other person die for theirs."

"V3ngnce, you're an elite admin. You can get 4 laps, 12 kills, and spam the rules all at the same time!" - BFM_Slayton

The Legend of V3ngnce
Applied for BFM - October 2009
Denied from BFM due to inactivity - Nov 13th 2009
Re-applied for BFM - Jan 3 2010
Gained vent access - Feb 7 2010
Little Tags - 13th March 2010
Dropped recruitment due to unfortunate events- 4th June 2010
Re-applied - August 2010
Little Tags again - October 2010
Big Tags - Janurary 13th 2011

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 03:53:50 PM »
try starting with the m16, gets you to Aim directly at your target to get kills, instead of just spraying..

Always move, yes camping sounds good with a decent place, but if no-one goes past said place then you're gunna get 0 kills arent ya?

stay away from juggernaut, Grenade launchers on guns, Martydom and Claymores... just makes you lazy when playing online, and aggravates everyone in the server with you.

Find a gun you can use once you can aim, this will mean you have something you're used to, thus making it so you can concentrate on playing rather than using the gun.

and 1 simple one... Get good with a pistol, without it you'll spend alot of time dead.

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 01:05:44 AM »
If you like the grenade launcher or a spray like weapon ( eg an LMG for instanse ) Then dont feel afraid to use them. the only perks we dont allow in our server are marty and clays. aside from this feel free to use any weapon you want. Bieing an aussie the lag is unforgiving and using some of these weapons cna really help. My favorite weapon is a semi automatic sniper rifle, and I love using it. Yea a lot of people call me nooby for it in other servers but hey, I dont care  :). so basicly use what ever you like. hope this helped

Offline TUR80

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 02:19:02 AM »
the problem at the moment is that the computers graphics is not quite good enought to run it
waiting for a laptop

Timeline of TUR80
Late 2009-Got Halo
1/4/2011 - resigned
20/4/2011 - 1000 posts
5/1/2013 - Re- Applied
   Famous Quotes
Don't get mad, get even

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 03:07:39 AM »
Also to play on most servers youl have to download 2 patches. the 1.6 version, then install it, then the 1.7 version. Some one please correct me if im wrong

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 11:47:45 AM »
In-depth text tips for games can be very very confusing, but here is a few.

Find servers will killcam enabled. This is extremely helpful for beginners. Watch how people kill you. Watch how they move. Watch where they were. Observe. If you get in a server where you are simply getting destroyed by advanced players, I would encourage you to go to "spectate" and observe some pros. I know it sounds boring, but there is much to be learned by watching.

If watching doesn't suit you, then it would be best during your "initiation" period to try and play in softcore servers. In hardcore, you will find yourself getting kills by spraying and using cheap tricks without actually being good at the game. Play softcore, and if you are interested in getting BETTER I would advise you to stay away from RPGs, mounted guns, grenade launchers,  and spamming with LMGs - All of which are ways to get cheap kills. While being handy at times, these methods take little to no skill.

Find YOUR weapon. In the game I can almost promise you that there will be one gun that you simply love. For me, it's the G36c. Some people prefer a certain sniper rifle, some like submachine guns. If you have a weapon you really like and play well with, use it. Become familiar with it. Make it "part of you." (Oh, soooo cheesy. But I've always wanted to say that.  :winkgrin:)

Good luck! We all started at the same place, don't get discouraged.  ;D

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 04:52:30 PM »
i completely agree with bowser

BFM_Enoch: "Joel the Jaguar the juggles jets"

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Offline TUR80

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »
Also to play on most servers youl have to download 2 patches. the 1.6 version, then install it, then the 1.7 version. Some one please correct me if im wrong
is this a automatic process
or do you need to internet browse to do this

Timeline of TUR80
Late 2009-Got Halo
1/4/2011 - resigned
20/4/2011 - 1000 posts
5/1/2013 - Re- Applied
   Famous Quotes
Don't get mad, get even

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
Well........ don't stand in one place and fire....... its good to get kill streaks..... and the rest ill let other people post on :P

:doh:
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »
Well from my cod4 experience, which was my first cod, on the xbox,
all my friends recommended to start of with
M16 red dot
USP silenced
bandolier- For a new person ammo is often a problem, this triples your starting ammo!
Stopping Power- Always useful, makes the M16 a one burst kill
Steady aim- Often with the M16 you really just need to hip fire because sub machin gunners can move quicker than you and as such i fyou try to Aim down Sights you often wont kill them cause theyll basically "dodge" your bullets.

Sensitivity- I use 8 for all cods now, but i would recommend using about 4-5 if you can when you first start; using aout 2 really makes it harder to play after a while... :yesyes:

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »
Turbo please see THIS. It will answer most of your questions. Find me on vent and I will help you with the patches you will need to download. If you have the Game of the year edition, the only patch you will need is the 1.7 patch in the link above.

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline TUR80

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 09:03:15 PM »
level 4 :)

Timeline of TUR80
Late 2009-Got Halo
1/4/2011 - resigned
20/4/2011 - 1000 posts
5/1/2013 - Re- Applied
   Famous Quotes
Don't get mad, get even

Offline Benjy

• Posts Too Much
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »
USMC moral: Kill or be killed. :clint:

Applied for recruitment, August, 30th, 2009
Vent access, 10th, October, 2009 Giving by BFM_Slim
First ever Scrim, 19th October, 2009
Small tags, 28th October, 2009 By BFM_JANE and BFM_ Kiwi
Big tags, 31st Decmeber, 2009 By BFM_Slim and BFM_Elvis.
Thanks to my awsomeness Sgt. d3 for getting me through
Received Corporal, 21st of April
Drop Corporal, N/A
Dropped tags April 16, 2012
Little tags are back, 29 Dec, 2012 :D
Picked up big tags again, N/A

Offline TUR80

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 03:21:31 PM »
for some reason my stats are lke 7kills and 160 deaths or something ridiculois like that

Timeline of TUR80
Late 2009-Got Halo
1/4/2011 - resigned
20/4/2011 - 1000 posts
5/1/2013 - Re- Applied
   Famous Quotes
Don't get mad, get even

Print