Print 

Author Topic: So tell me... What was in YOUR closet as a kid?  (Read 7846 times)

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
Re: So tell me... What was in YOUR closet as a kid?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »
Next thing you know you'll have Marty + Lucky telling me "Ohai" isn't a word... D:

Offline BFM_WeeGee

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »
@Panther, it's "Arachnaphobia". And no, your not a big boy.

Actually, the correct term is you'reYour implies that the person being spoken to has possession of whatever is being spoken about.  Remember that you're is actually a combination of two words and thus fulfills two very important roles in a sentence or clause.  Because it includes both a pronoun and a verb, you're will always be the subject and at least part of the verb of any clause in which it appears.

Actually, when trying to quote a word that is the subject of a sentence (especially when said word would not fit in the grammar or syntax of the sentence without being a quote) it is generally accepted that you use quotation marks, rather than italics. So the above should read:

Actually, the correct term is 'you're'.  'Your' implies that the person being spoken to has possession of whatever is being spoken about.  Remember that 'you're' is actually a combination of two words and thus fulfills two very important roles in a sentence or clause.  Because it includes both a pronoun and a verb, 'you're' will always be the subject and at least part of the verb of any clause in which it appears.

You should at least have had the consistency to place the last 'you're' in italics as well.

:siderofl: </tongue_in_cheek>

Since we are on a forum and use BBCode, the correct term would be [/tongue_in_cheek].  You are mixing this up with HTML code, which uses the 'greater/less than' brackets.

TL;DR  Which stands for  Too Long Didn't Read.

Scrim Highlights
Soccer Scrims
Team Zakk | WeeGee Season VII Champions
Aussie Scrims
Team Nemesis Season IV Undefeated
Captain Scrims
Team WeeGee | Bleach Season XIX Undefeated

Offline Soul

• Senior Poster
  • Be back in 5 minutes, If I'm not, read this again.
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
I doubt that whole conversation had anything to do with this Post.

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 06:52:52 AM »
I doubt that whole conversation had anything to do with this Post.

It doesn't, but I don't mind. I just sit and stare and wonder happily how a thread I started reached four pages. *Walks away in dreamy state*

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
Lucky and Marty:

Beat that, lolcat.

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
  • BOXISM!......... Resistance Is Futile!
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2011, 02:57:48 AM »
For me, after watching Jurassic Park for the first time I was convinced that there were Velociraptors in my closet.  :LOL:

It seems I had some sort of problem with scaled creatures, because I also used to get nightmares that Dudley The Dragon was chasing me through a never ending cave.  :'( Now I assure you, THAT is the definition of scarring.

May 13, 09-Got Halo
Later May, 09- Stumbled onto BFM server, loved it
June 24. 09-Joined Forums
August 9th, 09-Applied to be PR
Sept. 22, 09-Earned Vent Access
Nov. 12, 09-Earned Lil Tags!
Mar. 26, 10-Earned Big Tags!
Jan. 3, 11-Stepped Down from BFM
© LiamFilm™

Print