Print 

Author Topic: First computer build  (Read 1731 times)

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
Re: First computer build
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:53:18 AM »
Some of the parts look good however there are afew things i would change to make it a better PC and for the same price / alittle more.

Motherboard:~ I havent had any experiance with Biostar and i would personly buy a ASUS or a Gigabyte as these are tyred and tested and proven  reliable and given the Mobo is the heart of your pc quality in this area matters.
So for a mobo upgrade i would rather go for http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131603 its only $15 more but offers you alot more like 6 core compatibility

CPU:~ the AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition is a fast prosessor but for the same price of Ebay you can get the 6 Core version and when used with the mobo above would ofer a faster PC

Power:~ I have used coolmaster PSUs in the past and have always found them unreliable also the max power of 460W seems alittle low. I would upgrade this to a higher quality brand and also up the power to 500 or 600w (A low quality PSU may be cheaper but it will come around and bite you later on with blue screens / crashes and can also damage components with dirty power)

Hard drive:~ Tho the one you have chosen would be ok it has things i would change  for example it only has a 16meg cache i would profure one with 32meg also its sata 3 and given that the mobo you chose and the one i sugest  only suport sata 2 you wouldent gain any advantage  from it so if you downgraded the drive from a sata3 to a sata2 you could get a drive with 32meg cache for the same price and this would offer a performance boost.

Dont forget the graphics card its very importaint!!!!!!!!!!!   unless you like looking at a blank screen  :siderofl:

Yes provided your Tv has a VGA input it would act as a monitor HOWEVER TV,s usualy have far lower responce times / refresh rates and far far lower resolutions so while it will work it wont ofer you neer the quality a propper PC monitor would

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 05:59:06 AM »
^About the T.V....depends if it's a 1080p T.V., or as some call, Full HD...They are as high res as the same 1920x1080 LCD monitors today, and refresh rates all the same.
But if it's an old tube style TV...just get the LCD monitor

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 06:03:55 AM »
^About the T.V....depends if it's a 1080p T.V., or as some call, Full HD...They are as high res as the same 1920x1080 LCD monitors today, and refresh rates all the same.
But if it's an old tube style TV...just get the LCD monitor
yes tru if its 1080p then resolustion will be the same but refresh and responce arnt always the same as monitors. TVs usualy come in 50Hz to 60Hz and typicly have a resonce of 15ms (or sometimes alot more) were as pc monitors come in 59Hz~60Hz and typicly 5 or 2ms responce

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:32:28 AM »
Might be something to do with difference of location in the world, but I can't seem to find a newer T.V. here that doesn't have 60Hz Refresh rate, or doesn't have anything longer than a 7ms Response time...would almost be fun to play games on something with like a 60ms response though xD
Would be very tricky in online gaming

Offline Benny

• Junior Poster
  • Florida State Seminols
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:51:43 PM »

Print