Print 

Author Topic: is BFMracing .net thats full now, legit?  (Read 1324 times)

Offline PNI-Hippie

• Newbie Poster
is BFMracing .net thats full now, legit?
« on: February 18, 2011, 01:58:18 PM »
i was just in there and there was a BFM (wich i will not name in case i am wrong) in there.... and also a player named yoshi (gone now i believe)... and this player was swearing and using characters to flip me off, he was doing that cause i was reporting to the admin that he had missed a profanity words... the admin never put up the no profanity warning, and when he decided to put up the rules (a map or 2 later) they looked diferent than the way other admins rules look....

this particular admin may just have a different style around his rules, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask an admin to check out that server...

thanks
Peace

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kasalel kumwa!!!
Home..... just got good enough internet speed to play online, but at a VERY high price.... america's internet, way faster for WAY CHEAPER.... and the small atoll at the bottom left, called And, pronounced (in english) Ant.... but T in pohnpeian makes CH sound.... And atoll is the 3rd or 4rth BEST fishing place in the world, and to add to the fun it is shark infested (mostly baby, around 3 ft., FUN sharks)....

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: is BFMracing .net thats full now, legit?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »

The best thing to do would be to have a list of our IPs handy and match one to the server you're in. If you want, you can send a Personal Message (PM) to one of the admins who was in the server and see if they can confirm they were there.

You might also consider using xfire to join games. You add the servers you want and those are the only ones you can see. No chance of joining a fake.

You can find a list of our current servers and their IPs on our main website on the right:

http://www.bfmracing.net/

I don't know what server you were, so won't be able to really investigate. None of our servers now have someone called Yoshi in them right now.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 03:17:23 PM »

Hi Peace,

You were in a real server. I've checked back over the chatlogs and see i did miss warning for an abbreviation, i didnt see it at the time. Unless he said anything else in team/vehicle chat which i wont have seen, that was all there was from him but I apologise that the combination of this and my customised macros has caused you some confusion.

Best Regards
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:43:15 PM by BFM_Octane »

Offline PNI-Hippie

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 06:13:02 PM »
sorry jane not used to typing and i made a silly error, i meant to say BFMracing.net #2 as the title of this thread, but silly me only said #2 and didn't type it... LOL!!!!

alryt octane thanx,  sorry, i just see so many fake servers its hard for me to know if i'm in a real one.... but thanks Jane! i'll try figure out that IP thing you said...

peace

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kasalel kumwa!!!
Home..... just got good enough internet speed to play online, but at a VERY high price.... america's internet, way faster for WAY CHEAPER.... and the small atoll at the bottom left, called And, pronounced (in english) Ant.... but T in pohnpeian makes CH sound.... And atoll is the 3rd or 4rth BEST fishing place in the world, and to add to the fun it is shark infested (mostly baby, around 3 ft., FUN sharks)....

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »
Not a problem mate, just glad we have forums to get these things cleared up as its not as easy sort it out in-game.  Glad you paid a visit and glad I can help out.  :happy:

As for fake servers. You'll find its its just the one fake server at the moment. The number at the end of its name gets changed every couple of days, give or take.

There is a very simple way to tell the difference before you enter the server. Its not as reliable as what Jane has suggested which would most certainly work better for you in the long run as it guarantees true results of what is a real or a fake server every time, but the following is much quicker and less technical to do if your not used to faffing about with IPs and all that melarky just yet (though I do recommend doing that eventually) -

While you are at the server list in-game. Compare our servers' details to those details of the fake server (the server information that scrolls across the screen) and you will see the fake server details are hardly ever consistent with ours. As I say, not as reliable because the host could realise these differences at any point and change their details to match ours, but more often than not its missed and forgotten about.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:43:05 PM by BFM_Octane »

Print