Print 

Author Topic: If you can't walk Infinty why can you walk Death Island?  (Read 3794 times)

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: If you can't walk Infinty why can you walk Death Island?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »
Aka: once when i was racing on Death Island walking paid off (and this is why)

If you flip a coin once and it comes up heads do you assume it will always come up heads?  My point in mentioning the vast experience of the officers responding here is that we have, like you, seen every technique work at least once in a while...but our experience over a long period of time has proven what works best most of the time.  That is all we are saying.  I am not sure what kind of explanation you are looking for but there is no practical way for us to site every example we have seen that proves the points we are making.  We have, however, already explained to you the ideas and logic behind our reasoning.  If that is not enough for you I can understand that but our advice stands.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 09:48:05 PM »

I've walked to score nav on Death Island.  Happens a lot more on Blood Gulch, Timberland, Ice Fields.  I have never walked all the way around Death Island, but I've scored a winning lap there on a few occasions by walking from one base or the other to score nav.  It's not that far.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 03:23:47 PM »
No i was talking about Death Island...I think Elvis understood that, as his post pertained to it.

You are mistaken. I did not understand you were talking about anything but walking vs waiting on infinity vs doing the same on Death Island. As for the suicide point. Honestly I didnt touch that part of your question. The reason I didnt is because guest are allowed to do what they wish within the rules to get more laps. We dont allow BFMs in scrim to do this or in public servers. The reason you might ask? personally I consider it cheating! You are trying to take advantage of the spawns in the game. In a perfect game setting you would always spawn right back where you were if you did commit suicide to get ahead. I never played that way when I was a guest and never would even if the rules allowed it as our rules do. Many dont think of it as cheating the others that are playing and im totally fine with that. Once they start playing scrims and doing other things with BFM they soon would tell you they feel it is cheating to do commit suicide. That is the most practical answer I can give you. This issue has been beaten to death by you. The question was answered and explained. If you dont want to accept our answer or agree with it that is totally fine and we just have to agree to disagree.

As far as I am concerned this question has been asked and answered to many times. There is no reason to keep this going anymore about the question you asked. You know our whole point of view including mine on suicide to move ahead of someone who choose to play the game and only die when they are killed. I will add this to my post..... We dont even allow BFMs to jump out in front of moving hogs on purpose to die so they might move to the other side. Of course they agree and dont try it because they would feel bad to win if they intentionally caused their on death and it helps them get ahead of the other team. It is just how we see it and what we do. If you dont get on vent with us and dont really know us how could I expect our guest to see the game as we see it. That would be unfair to our guest. But again once they get into scrims they soon see how this would be cheating and never would do it. Our guest are the greatest and race well to try to win. Most dont break down the game as I and BFM members do. With that said there are many guest that break down the game much better than I or any BFM. For those guest I would love to have them on my scrim team :)  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:32:43 PM by BFM_Elvis »

Print