Print 

Author Topic: stix, ilo and I'm sure a bevy of other names.  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Ragnarökr

• Newbie Poster
stix, ilo and I'm sure a bevy of other names.
« on: February 27, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »
Where to begin, 30 plus kills from rocket launcher camping the score navs on every map in the cycle. As soon as the admins come in he starts acting good as gold and gets a lap just in time. The Server was tired of him, I was tired of him and still nothing was done. Spammed the chat with a website ad.  Pleaded innocence to all the accusations thrown his way clearly just another liar who is adept at playing the system. You guys need to ghost the servers and keep a strong eye out for anyone who spams website ads. Worst night of racing I've had in a long while and I'm starting to reach my limit.

Edited after reassurances from Mxy. Happy Hunting!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 06:59:33 PM by Ragnarökr »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: stix and I'm sure a bevy of other names.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:25:34 AM »
ah yes, stardust.

thanks for the reminder, we are keeping a close eye on him.  
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:54:44 PM by BFM_Kiwi »

Offline Ragnarökr

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 07:33:21 AM »
Thanks Kiwi, I hope so.  :chief:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:55:01 PM by BFM_Kiwi »

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 06:08:12 PM »

Ya, I report this guy every time he shows up (with that site spam, which, BTW, I suggest that you edit to obfuscate so you don't help him with his cause....)

Also, I DO NOT/HAVE NOT visited that site, since 1) it just serves his cause, which I would not support, and 2) it's likely a site that I'd prefer not to visit for various reasons - safety amongst them - anyway.

He's got a new name every time he joins, and his main scheme when BFM Admins ARE present is to move himself to the team WITHOUT an admin and spam the site in team chat.

I make a point to note the time, server and name being used and report it to a BFM Admin via PM.

SUGGESTION: Mayhaps someone could "volunteer" to be the recipient of such posts soas to collect them all in one place and create a common reporting schema/DB?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:55:18 PM by BFM_Kiwi »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Ragnarökr

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »
While I too did not dare go to the site for fear of malicious intent nor wish to forward his cause in any way it is unfortunately, his only identifiable trait. Without it he is nothing more than a random passerby so I'm somewhat reluctant to censor the only useful piece of info we have on him. I'm not the most forum savvy person, but if there was a way to black it out without removing the info I'd gladly do it or perhaps I could post some disclaimer warning any viewer of the post to stay away from that site.

Beyond that it falls to the reader to exercise common sense and good judgment as it is after all, attached to a Problem Player report. I value your suggestion and will go at least half-way with you on this. I'll gladly remove the site from the title of the thread and if someone could assure me that a good majority of the admins (besides Kiwi of course.) are on the hunt then I'd have no problem removing the rest of the info.  :-\

Some added information:

I don't remember the exact server I was in it might have been Number 1, but I do remember it was going on from around 11:00pm - 12:30am  Atlantic time.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:48:21 PM by Ragnarökr »

Offline Ragnarökr

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »
He was back in Server 1 under the name ilo just 10 minutes or so ago (9:35ish Atlantic Time) spamming for his site, (all in team chat of course) camping and slaying. He made a personal attack at me through team chat and yes, I do have screen shots. BFM_Thor was in the server and made no effort to address the problem. I'm seriously getting tired of this guy.

Edit: I just saw the profanity in screen shots thread and sent a pm to all four admins.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:36:03 PM by Ragnarökr »

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: stix, ilo and I'm sure a bevy of other names.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »
Keep the information coming about him if you should see him in any other servers doing this.  Feel free to send me a PM with the server number and approximate time of day and I will take care of it again.

In the future though, if you are in a server with him and he's doing this and you have an admin, it will definitely help if you provide the admin with more information.  Just saying the spammer is here doesn't mean too much to an admin that hasn't ever encountered them before and wouldn't know what that means.  No one provided any names to Thor or what he was actually doing, until that player had left the server.

But, if you find him doing this stuff in any other servers just drop me a PM  :winkgrin:
Thank you Kŕkŕ§hě!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »

Thanks, 'JHawk.

I don't even recall who I sent that info to last time I saw him, so having you "on point" will help out.

Offline Ragnarökr

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 11:09:48 PM »
The first time it happened in there, I must have missed that he was using team chat and thought everyone could see him doing it. Regardless, half the players in there knew what he was up to and I believe randyscab even pointed it out but maybe he was already gone by then though. I figured Thor would have at least been on him about his name as (at least I) have no idea how to pronounce ilo, as random a group of letters as it is. In any case I'll try to be clearer next time, though I doubt it will do much good... He'd probably leave as soon as an admin switched teams to see.

Offline BFM_Mukkie

• BFM Admin
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 12:19:51 AM »
under the name ewyu in server 2 right now

Constantly spamming website (has screenie) in teamchat when not on the same team with any BFM and when they leave he does it in normal chat and on top of that he constantly camps the lap nav area and racks up 15-20 kills a map with no laps of course

Thanks Miggy Poo :)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 01:49:56 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys, it isn't being ignored :).

Dun forget to drop teh info the NavyJHK

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »
Off/On topic question...how do yall know It's him?
-Don't just say something like "I have my ways..."
 -Knowing this myself could come In handy
  -Unless It's something obvious like "I can tell" or "He tells us" etc.

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »
Off/On topic question...how do yall know It's him?
-Don't just say something like "I have my ways..."
 -Knowing this myself could come In handy
  -Unless It's something obvious like "I can tell" or "He tells us" etc.

He always spams a website address when admin is not there, or in team chat when admin is on other team. That's how you can tell.

And posting websites in ANY chat is disallowed by BFM under the "personal information" clause, I believe....

[Wow.  I only just now noticed that there's nothing in the published rules about personal information in-game!...  ::)  Dunno who took them over after Diagoro, but someone should look into that....]

Offline TUR80

• Posts Too Much
  • ME NEEDS MORE TUR80 IN MY HOG
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »
Back again tonight as LBA.

Spammed his website every single time he could get away with it. (team chat or when admins swapped out) I informed tur8o about it when he did it in team chat. We swapped teams so tur8o could see, but he never does it when an admin has tags on.

Continued to terrorize the server for a map cycle or so before I could not take it any more and left. Always follows same pattern, getting as many kills as he can and just one lap. Passses hogs, mapwalks and immediately goes for rocket launcher. Jumps out of loaded hog for kills etc. Got a ton of warnings and one kick. Always gets 10-20 kills and 1 lap. Gets everyone all riled up.

He said that LBA stood for "vegan" and his website is some kind of animal rights organization. I guess he has an agenda and thinks the best way to get it across is to ruin Halo Race games..... ok.....

-LowK
yeah he didnt do it after i changed
i think he is quite hard to catch "actually slaying"

Timeline of TUR80
Late 2009-Got Halo
Played Funhouse (as TUR805L4Y3R)
Played Omegas Oddball(as A Vehicle)
Discovered BFM (Loved It)
23/07/2010-Became PR and changed name to TUR80
26/07/2010-Corperal assigned - LEGO and then Tails
17/09/2010- Got Xfire (thanks Fuzzy for the introduction)
19/09/2010- Vent Access Given (thanks Zakk)
30/12/2010- Got Little Tags(thanks Xplode and Slim)
Trainers assigned Xplode(1st) and Terra(2nd)
23/02/2011- dStruct assigned Trainer(1st)
1/4/2011 - resigned
20/4/2011 - 1000 posts
5/1/2013 - Re- Applied
16/3/2013 - Vent Access Again (Thanks Enigma)
   Famous Quotes
Don't get mad, get even
If at first you dont sucseed, destroy all evidence that you tried
It is official, I am a spammer :)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »

Not hard to catch for an undercover BFM!...  ;D

Print