Print 

Author Topic: A new one for me?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline JonnyB

• Junior Poster
A new one for me?
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:26:40 AM »
Hello all, was just racing and accused of hogcamping and I must admit to not being sure of this particular instance?

Had just been killed, no hogs at base, needed score nav so climbed up the stairs, took tele, picked up Rocket Launcher (as you do), jumped down cliff and walked to score. That bit all sounds good, took quickest and most direct route to score. Got score nav, a team chain hog gets score just as I do, he is loaded ,I jump in meat seat. We are on the ice and not making much, if any headway, but we were moving. I used the RL from the meat seat and BOOM, game over for the opposing team member just short of score. I think I did nothing wrong with the above.

My question is slightly hypothetical, if the hog had been stationery, could I still fire from the Meat Seat, or is that still still considered hog camping?

Regards,

JB.

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
Re: A new one for me?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »
The situation as you describe it sounds legal Johnny. Let me look in to it and I will get back with you.

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
Well Jonny I cant really comment on why you were warned for hogcamping because I was not there. To answer your question, It depends. If you are the passenger of a loaded hog that is moving you can fire at any enemy you see. If the hog is stopped it falls under the same rules that are there for gunning the hog. If you are being fired at or attacked you can most certainly fire. Technically, if you are stopped with a driver as long as you driver is not intentionally trying to stop for a kill you can fire, however you really shouldn't unless you are attacked.   

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline JonnyB

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:58 PM »
My apologies, did not make clear, it was a guest who called me out, no admins present.

It really was just a hypothetical question, the hog was moving, albeit very slowly with lots of wheelspin on the ice, so I knew I was in the right to fire. It was to clarify the principal of firing from the passenger seat in a staitonery hog. After 6 or 7 years of racing, never been in that position before  :siderofl:

So was just intrigued as to the correct ruling.

Many thanks,

JB.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »
Another issue that comes into play is when a hog is stopped because an admin is trying to admin the server. Can the gunner of the stopped hog shoot in this case? The answer is yes. Now the gunner should only shoot if he or she is under attack or believes they are about to be shot by another rocket hog etc. Its not the guest fault the admin had to stop and admin. It would be unfair for the guest to have to just sit there and get shot because they just happened to be riding with an admin. Some people know this and some dont. I would hate for my gunner guest to get shot because he didnt want to fire at someone attacking him because we werent moving. The key is just never try to be on the offensive when this situation occurs. Only shoot in defense and this does mean you can shoot if another rocket hog coming by turns the torrent toward you.

Offline JonnyB

• Junior Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 11:19:09 AM »
Thanks that does help. I suppose I am rarely in the meat seat, so it is not a situation that has come up frequently for me.

I must admit I thought I had seen most things, but never to old to learn  ;D

TY.

JB.

Print