Print 

Author Topic: What an amazing group of people BFM has grown to be  (Read 10814 times)

Offline Đstroyr

• Senior Poster
  • Ğeath before Ğishonor !
Re: What an amazing group of people BFM has grown to be
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 11:36:34 AM »
Wow Nrv your right in so many ways that you made mention. I wish I had the time to get to know you better as well. It seemed we always were in servers at different times. I wont be one that will forget you since you are one of the senior officers in charge when I recruited and joined BFM. I wish you all the best with everything you do. Take care my friend.

Dstroyr
 :chief:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:41:14 AM by BFM_Đstroyr »

^^^ SIG made by his awesomeness BFM_Slayton ^^^

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 11:37:20 AM »
Nrvend, thank you for your post! What an excellent way to got out. Good luck in everything that you do and I'm glad you enjoyed your time here.

Offline SubZero

• Junior Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 12:01:40 PM »
Nrv, (Sadly) Like many others who have posted, I also did not get to know you very well and thats my loss. I have to agree with everything you said about BFM, it is a great community, thanks to Elvis for his vision and to the clan as a whole who helped make that vision a reality. I understand your decision and I applaud you for everything you have done, helping to lay the foundation for those of us that came much later. Take care and I hope to see you back from time to time.

Thanks to BFM_Kàkà§hì for the sig

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 12:04:32 PM »
Take care buddy, good luck and many thanks.  :wave:

(Check yer PMs too)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:06:30 PM by Railziel »

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »
Nrv, Im sad to see you go...I will always remember the first time I ever talked to you on Vent. 

"Look out for Cindy"

You were one of the people that made me decide to post for the recruitment and I thank you. 

I wish you the best...and Im sure "Cindy" does too.  Good Luck.

BFM_Slayton

Offline ºReFº

• Senior Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 02:01:10 PM »
Nrv man,

Really hate to see such a great leader and a great person go, I appreciate all you did for this clan and all you did for everyone here, your a great guy and whatever you continue to do in life you will be great at!

Thanks,
ReF

Offline (herd)_Ian7

• Regular Poster
  • Current Rival: (herd)Trooper
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 02:05:59 PM »
Wow i'm reallt for real about to cry! :'( :'(
Bye and good luck in everything!
                                                                            :'(

This maked me think about real life and how it is so different to this clan. At school i am conisdered a geek. No I do not take offense to that. Its just that sometimes the popular poeple can be really mean to me and stuff and it makes me wonder why do that? Your popular your in the incroud? I know that if I fight back i will get in trouble but if I do nothing they also get satisfaction. :bang: So I just go on with my daily life hoping one day karma (the thoery that what comes around goes around) well get them and make them see what they have done wrong. I myself learned this lesson a long time ago and I am glad I learned. I don't have any idea why someone would want to make someone else feel worthless.

Now I feel is also a time I feel to come clean for Nrv has brought out the best of me! If any of you have ever played with a player named 7nai that was me! I don't know what I was thinking? I guess being around bfm I felt as if I needed to break some rules to feel normal or better again? Don't worry I did not cuss (at least not on your servers). I did the usuall camp snipe at stuff like that. Now I realize the big mistake I have made. I realize that it didn't need to break rules to feel normal. The way I race now makes me feel normal. I feel good about racing and acting the right way in life and halo now. So I am sorry if my actions as 7nai hurt anyones trust(sry Sonic :-\ ) to me but he is gone forever.
see ya-7nai

(hope I didn't steel any of your thunder nrv!)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:25:34 PM by Ian7 »

Again another awesome sig by BFM_Plixity! Thanks!

Offline Honey

• Senior Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 02:22:37 PM »
Nrv, When I first started reading you're post I thought it was just A BFM appreciation post, until I read the part of you resigning. I had to actually read it over a few times, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. :'( You are one of the reasons BFM is what it is and for that I thank you. You brought a lot of wisdom, patience, compassion and understanding to BFM and taught all of us these qualities. BFM is not only a online community but a second family and to a lot of us you are our father figure.
(Elvis is that crazy uncle we try to lock up in the basement! :hotsauce: hehe jk Elvis! Doh! I'm gonna pay for that.)

I wish there was something we could do or say to change you're mind but that would be very selfish of us and you are doing what is best for you and you're family. We will all miss you greatly and hope for all the best for you. Please do come by often and let us all know how things are going.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  :hug:

The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group,
and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.  - Rensis Likert -

Offline Volley

• Posts Too Much
  • You Just Got Served...
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
Yeah, Honey just summed up what I was about to say... I'll miss you so much Nrv. I always did like you better then Elvis.  ;D Your voice always had that "wisdom" feel. You already know how much you're loved. We'll never forget all that you stood for and all that you've have done.  :'( Bye Gramps..  :hug:

~Vol

~Former 1st Lieutenant - 2008

Offline Noodles

• Senior Poster
  • (:
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »
Nrvend,

Thank you for everything you have done. I never really got to know you, but whenever we were in the racing room you always helped anyone that needed it. Everything you stated was true, and really made me think... about everything this clan has done. I certainly have not been around here for very long, not as long as some. But I have gotten to meet a lot of people in this clan, who are like good friends to me. (some are). What I really wanted to say, was... Thank you for the time that you and all the other BFM's have put into this clan, for making this one of the best racing clans. I really appreciate all that you have done for BFM. Hope to see you around.

bfm_Noodles

BFM_Warlord

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »
Even though  I knew this day would come eventually.I had really hoped it would be in the distant future.I totally understand your decision and respect it.I often wonder the same for myself at times.If and when the day comes. I hope I also do the right thing and decide to prioritize as needed.Nrvend you have always been instrumental  to the success and growth of BFM.Your Wisdom and Friendship you have shown us has created some life long bonds.You are an amazing person.I admire you a great deal.Your friend Warlord wishes you the best life has to offer.You certainly do ROCK my friend.Please don't be a stranger.I would really miss your voice on vent .I hope you stop by at times and chat with us .It would be fun to talk about the good old days like schooling Shawty ,Honey, Marykate ,Ashley,SG jr and Petra in the guys against the girls scrims we had.

Well we can at least tell our story even if it isn't true lol So what if we got whipped by the girls they were all trained by Nrvend .Thats my story and I am sticking to it . lol

Offline MaryK8

• Junior Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 04:21:12 PM »
Nrvend was my first captain...many moons ago when I joined BFM.  His main priority was that we always had fun...I have never forgotten that .  I wish you and your family well. 

Offline Gevad

• Junior Poster
  • Carlie Grace
    • Custom Craft
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »
You're a good father and a great person Nrv  :angel: .  Enjoy your family!

With Much Respect....
Take Care

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 05:44:35 PM »

Well said and thank YOU Nrv for all that you've been and done around here (and judging by that track record, I'm sure eslewhere wherever you go.)

It's been a long and winding road, and every time I hear someone "excusing" themselves in order to (re?-) grasp life by the horns I'll be the first ther eto say DARN STRAIGHT, BUBBA!

"Real" trumps "Virtual" in anything, and I'm glad to see ppl embrace that distinction to its fullest whenever it strikes them that they need to achieve a more comfortable "balance" (which can ONLY be determined by them of their own choosing.)

You brought only Good Things here, that caused many more Good Things to occur as a result.

Well done, Nrv'!

Thank you and congratulations - in many ways!

"The only real constant in life... is change." - Unknown

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline JayX1

• Newbie Poster
  • Link needs his Navi.
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 05:56:50 PM »
I have not been around these parts long enough to witness even a portion of what you have, i only hope that in the future i get a chance to because BFM has also changed the way i see online gaming.

What i do know is the last week of my life without racing has been so hard and i have only been racing a few months.  You however have been here more or less since the start (im told:P) and for you to give that up for (lets face it) anything must be very difficult.

As im more than aware u already know, your leaving this community in very safe hands.

I wish you all the best in the future and and i hope u find as much happiness as you did here.

Much Love
Peace

Print