Print 

Author Topic: Panther Re-Learning GIMP  (Read 7591 times)

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
Re: Panther Re-Learning GIMP
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 04:28:39 AM »
OK then. How?

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 08:54:17 AM »
OK then. How?

What are you asking me for?

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »
-.-

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »
-.-

Hehe, LeCrae remembers when I did a similiar thing to him ^_^

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
Are you putting the text on a separate layer from the rest of the image?

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 04:26:33 PM »
Yep. :)

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
Then it should be pretty self explanatory after that xD

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »
No, how do I do text effects, like glowing, cool fonts, not text animations.

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 07:26:26 PM »
First...you can download new fonts...

Second...as long as it's on a different layer you can use the typical effects you can use to edit/make a sig with...except doing it on the text.

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »
-.-

Hehe, LeCrae remembers when I did a similiar thing to him ^_^
*sigh*

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 11:26:08 PM »

To give it just a bit of a glow, make your text layer, then right-click the layer and choose "layer to image size".

Duplicate that text layer.

Select the bottom text layer and go to Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur and blur it by 2-5 px. Not too much, but the higher the blur, the glowier the text. FYI

Another thing you can try is using a gradient on your text. Make your text layer, then right-click it and choose "layer to image size".

Then right-click it again and choose "alpha to selection".

Then press the eyeball to make the text layer invisible. You should just see the outline of your text.

Make a new layer and be sure it's selected.

Choose the Blend/Gradient Tool and pick a gradient you like. If you're using one of the FG to BG ones, also pick a color you like. If you're using one that's already colored, then that's that.

Draw the gradient over your text outline. Do Select > None to remove the outline.

For a kind of cool effect, you can choose the gradient FG to Transparent, make your color white, then on the text, make the gradient go only halfway down. This way it looks like the text is fading at the bottom.

Adding a bit drop shadow is also kind of cool. Filters > Light and Shadow > Drop shadow.

The defaults are probably too high for text, so change it to X=3  Y=3 and blur=5, or just whatever you like.

Remember to UNCHECK allow resizing.

FYI again:

Offset X = how far the shadow will go to the right or left. 1 and higher means it goes right, -1 and lower means it will go left. 0 will be directly behind.

Offset Y = how far the shadow will go up or down.  1 and higher means if will go down, -1 and lower means it will go up.  0 will be directly behind.

Blur radius is how blurry the shadow will be. Lower blur radius means less blur and the text will appear closer to the sig. Higher blur radius makes it look further away.

Opacity is how dark or light the shadow is. 80% is usually fine, but you can change it.

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 11:34:23 PM »
Thanks JANE!

I'll try some of them on my next sig :D

~Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 12:10:38 AM »
I still think my answer is better than JANES. -does the Suprman nod-

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 02:28:08 AM »
Someone ban Tanxs1! Lol.

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Print