Print 

Author Topic: Famous people and the rest of us: Our stories  (Read 6284 times)

Offline §åñdmåñ

• Regular Poster
Re: Famous people and the rest of us: Our stories
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
  When I was about 10 I was in a hotel in Waikiki, (don't remember the name of it),
But we ended up walking into Latoya Jackson.  she was very nice, She almost hit me with
the door she was coming out of and said she was very sorry she almost hit me. I had the feeling she would have said more to me and my family, But her dumb body guard
told her she had to keep moving.

I had the pleasure of being an extra for "Forgetting Sarah Marshal",
Of which I got to meet and push (that's right push him) Jason Segal.
Although I'd rather have met Mila Kunis. That was about 2 years ago.

By the way in a bout 5+ years (If I'm lucky even sooner), I'm very sure you will all be adding me to your lists of famous people.
LOL

Thanks to BFM_trekstr (Track King) for the sig!^^

Former Member of  -AD- ~RW~ CC= :clint:
Any other "Sandman" is an imposter!
BFM  tags: 4/04/2011
Corporal 05/31/2012

Offline Elmo (One and Only)

• Junior Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 05:09:47 AM »
I was on the EMS crew when they were filming "A Rage in Harlem" in Cincinnati.  I met Gregory Hines and Forest Whitaker, and got their autographs for some friends.

Robin Givens stand out though.  A kid was riding around, and she asked to ride his bike.  After riding it around in circles for a minute or two, she hoped off and autographed the bike itself.  The kid didn't even get on it and walked it (I assume) home.  Definitely a class act.   

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 07:06:59 AM »
Days of The New Lead Singer and Why I will Never Buy An Album.

This was about ten years ago but here it is. I was managing the kitchen in a local pizzaria. One of the daytime servers was also a DJ at a local Radio Station. He asked me and a couple friends if we wanted to work for the radio station at a concert that was coming up on the river. It was a big shin dig. There were about 5 big bands and then about 5 local bands. I jumped on it of coarse. Seven Dust was headlining, Puddle of Mudd was there, Days Of The New, and the others I dont remember. Anyway for Helping the radio station set up and break down we got all access back stage, free food and drinks, and it was all FREE!!!! Anyway It was an all day affair. One of my friends was going to sell a kidney to meet the lead singer of sevendust, Lashawn Witherspoon, so we were making our way to where there bus was set up to meet the band. Walking towards us was a shorter man with a woman on each arm, we werent really payin him any attention we were going over a gameplan for not looking totally stupid when we meet the band. When we got closer to the guy walking our way the guy sticks his hand out and stops us. He says "I know what you want", My friend and I look at each other like who is this guy Pffft. The guy reaches into a fanny bag, yes a fanny bag, and hands me 2 guitar picks that say Days Of The New. I looked at him and said "Who are you man?" The girls laugh and he storms off. I asked one of the girls what that dudes problem was, she says " That was the lead singer for Days Of The New." She giggles again, I laughed, my friend had to catch his breath from laughter. I thought to myself LOL!!!!!

On a side note we did meet SevenDust and they ROCKED!!!!!!! We got to hang out with the band. Even took pictures with Lashawn!!! They were very cool and down to earth. It was an AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 08:15:59 AM »
i managed to run into David Walliams (comedian / actor in Britain) in tesco's on the corner of a square in London, whilst visiting with drama students in year 10 :L

also shook hands with some Belgian tennis player whilst being a representative for a school tennis team.

but that's about it for me.

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
I was standing in the same county fare as our famous local weather guy, does that count?  :winkgrin: :siderofl:

Well he does have 30+ years experience forecasting Wisconsin weather!  ;D

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
Well, shook Princess Diana's hand on her first official visit to Canada - it was Prince Williams first birthday and that's all she wanted to talk about, lol.

Autographs, used to go to a lot of Blue Jay games and get baseballs signed, plus went to 2 World Series games (Atlanta, 96 vs. Yankees), our hotel room was on the same floor as the Yankees so got to meet a lot of them going up and down in the elevator, and ask for autographs.

Some Baseball ones I can remember getting :

Roberto Alomar
Devon White
Cecil Fielder
Roger Clemmens
Andy Petite
Darryl Strawberry
and a whole lot of others, I'd have to get the raft of baseballs out and look at them again .... and on that World Series trip I managed to shake Reggie Jacksons hand too.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 04:45:53 PM »
I've been to many concerts and some of them the band members after the concerts go to the place where they sell t-shirts/merchandising from the bands and talk to us, give autographs, take photos, etc. Got to meet and talk to some of these bands: Cynic, Warbringer, Evile and a few more (don't remember lol).

Also met the singer and main guitarist from the Portuguese metal band Moonspell (best one in my opinion) in the VIP tent of a music festival. There was also a lot of famous people there.

For last some football players that play in here.

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 11:18:03 AM »
Other people I've met:

Professor Michael Green, one of the people who revolutionised String Theory in the 1980's, and currently lecturing a second year course at Cambridge.

Professor Timothy Gowers is a Fields Medallist (roughly speaking a Nobel Prize for mathematics).
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 04:53:39 PM »
Well when i was about 10-11, i got a basketball signed by the Harlem Golbe Trotters. Ive also met various members of the Aeros and Indians(both ohio)
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2011, 05:15:30 AM »
I've been to Tony Abbots Christmas Party :P

He's a family friend of ours.

I also forgot to add that Nicole Kidman went to my Primary School :) (Elementary).

~Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Print