Print 

Author Topic: Starcraft:Broodwar Campaign editor help needed  (Read 2007 times)

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
Starcraft:Broodwar Campaign editor help needed
« on: June 01, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »
Not sure weither this goes in tech support or here... so yea

Anyways, i've been working on a map. I would describe it as "Kill the King" witch its a 7v1 game either human or computer. Problem is that im not sure how to make it so that would happen. I've looked at the forces, changed them from human, to computer, to neutral, to rescuable, back to human. Nothing works. Help please.

P.S. If this issue is fixed, i will upload the map so you guys can give it a try.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
Re: Starcraft:Broodwar Campaign editor help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »
So what are you trying to make happen again? you say your trying to make a kill the king map but you want to add what exactly?

Ive fiddled around with the brood war map editor a little bit before, it is VERY complicated, but rewarding to see your own creation and all the triggers activating correctly :)

also putting the computer in a map like this probably wont work. The AI in brood war isnt all that smart. I could never get them to do anything but try to kill me ( but if you can make them do what you want then yay :P ) So I need more info if I am to help you

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:19:30 AM »
ah ok so you want the trigger to be if a player kills a certain unit that is designated "the king" they get a point/win?

I think thats what you want isnt it

:eyebrow:

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 03:09:42 AM »
Pretty much. Kill the "king"s command center and you win!
I just pretty much want them to try and kill me, but want them to be on a team, not like a FFA.
Im guessing human players wont be as stupid as computer so i dont need help there..
And yes, i want that to be a trigger
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Print