Print 

Author Topic: I have converted Single Player Map into fully functional multiplayer map  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Didymus

• Newbie Poster
I know, I know it is too big.

I was simply bored and I was thinking what if I could make a race map out of an entire halo level just so that people can race and have some sort of coop that Halo failed to deliver that I missed when I played the Xbox.

I missed the coop abilities in the Xbox version so this is my attempts to bring the coop.

So I decided to convert an entire halo single player map into a fully functional map for those who missed the Coop that was available on the Xbox. If you are interested you can view the video below.

----KNOWN ISSUES----

1. When you approach the Trigger Volume that loads the .Senario_Structure_BSP (aka the other parts of the single player map) WHEN YOU DIE you spawn back where you started AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MAP (where your pilot crashes and Cortana tells you about it.)

I am planning on extracting the BSP's and then importing it into 3ds max and then exporting all the combined BSP's into one mesh so that I can eliminate the loading conflict

-----what is this for exactly----

1. I was disappointed that Halo PC didn't have coop and of course when I discovered that I could convert SP to MP (by accident btw.) I realized that you could have 16 people coop

It only took me about 20 minutes to make all this. It really isn't that complicated now that I think about it.

----THIS IS ONLY USEFUL IN RACE----

HOWEVER if you are bored like me and want to do all sorts of stuff you can have LAN OR AN ONLINE game and just do nothing the whole time.

This was made cause I am bored. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirCyuhRRlk&feature=channel_video_title

Offline Didymus

• Newbie Poster
WHILE IT IS USEFUL IN RACE you still can play in other modes as well such as slayer, CTF, Oddball ect, however it would be so difficult to find the other person that you are trying to kill that the only logical thing I would advise is Race simply due to the fact that players can challenge each other to see how fast they can beat Pillar of Autumn or how fast they can beat the Maw.

Print