Print 

Author Topic: CoD MW3  (Read 10018 times)

Offline BFM_Mukkie

• BFM Admin
Re: CoD MW3???
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 02:52:30 PM »
According to Gamestop.com and Activision.com, they have the release date for MW3 for 11/8/2011

Thanks Miggy Poo :)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
So glad MW3 is actually happening. I was concerned there for a while. I thought I may have to resort to only playing Treyarch CODs, what a disaster that would have been.

Also if they remove the practical ability to quickscope like Black Ops, I will be highly disappointed.

I gotta tell ya...my philosophy on games are simple: if the game allows you to do something and you learn to exploit that to win then kudos for you. Disallowing any perk, weapon or, now with MW2 and Black Ops, kill streak option is something I'm not keen on. These games balance out well. The idea behind pro-mod and league play like TWL are meant to "balance" the playing field by forcing the environment one way or another, but my thought on that is that it does the opposite, at least for me. I'm an old guy...so somebody younger than me will always be able to outgun me simply because of reaction time. So I try to learn things that help me to get the occasional kill or pick the weapons or perks that help me to do that. Everyone in a server that I choose happens to have that same choice.

No-scoping, or quick-scoping, is a skill that took a lot of time for you to get good at. Once mastered you are a very deadly person in a server. The ability to quick-scope in Black Ops isn't impossible, it's just not as easy to do. Choose a variable scope and zoom in a bit ONLY ONCE. With practice you will pwn with it. I don't think it's fair to compare one game to the other on game play. I used to "dolphin dive" quite a bit. It helped me to get a slight edge. You CAN'T do that with BO. You fly in the air for a bit, land and for a good 1/4 of a second you can't fire at all. It's fun to watch, but I hated it. Over time I've learned that it's a great technique in defense. Diving through windows or over stuff with out "Auto-climbing" has saved my bacon more than a few times. So...the point is, every game is different. Learn what works for you. [disclaimer]BO server operator[/disclaimer]

BO is pretty darn expensive, though. At least Treyarch thought about Clans and came back to allowing servers to be "owned" and controlled again. As the graphic that I gave to Cool States...Infinity Ward FAILED in that regard. I've got my ears open to hear how they plan on addressing server rentals this go around.

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »
I'm still looking forward to MW3, but my eyes are set on the next Battlefield. These shooters seem to become more over-the-top as they progress, in terms of their storyline, but it's all about multiplayer these days. :)

Offline Lº§tMyMiNÐ

• Junior Poster
  • Introducing: my signature logo, modified.
Re: CoD MW3
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »
I'm just looking forward to continuing the Modern Warfare story from where Modern Warfare 2 left off. If the multiplayer is good, I might invest some time in it, but I'm still trying to reach 10th Prestige on MW2, legally, so I'm gonna be tied up in that until the next century.

:LOL:

80 years later...
-
L°§tMyMiNÐ

It speaks for itself...

Offline Benjy

• Posts Too Much
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 03:54:18 AM »
Kakashi!!!!  :love: :love: BF3 will have a beautiful Graphics Engine compared to MW3. "Ladies and Gents, children of all ages, introducing, Forsbite Engine 2." :)

Applied for recruitment, August, 30th, 2009
Vent access, 10th, October, 2009 Giving by BFM_Slim
First ever Scrim, 19th October, 2009
Small tags, 28th October, 2009 By BFM_JANE and BFM_ Kiwi
Big tags, 31st Decmeber, 2009 By BFM_Slim and BFM_Elvis.
Thanks to my awsomeness Sgt. d3 for getting me through
Received Corporal, 21st of April
Drop Corporal, N/A
Dropped tags April 16, 2012
Little tags are back, 29 Dec, 2012 :D
Picked up big tags again, N/A

Offline Lº§tMyMiNÐ

• Junior Poster
  • Introducing: my signature logo, modified.
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 08:36:02 AM »
Kakashi!!!!  :love: :love: BF3 will have a beautiful Graphics Engine compared to MW3. "Ladies and Gents, children of all ages, introducing, Forsbite Engine 2." :)
We'll see, Benjy.

:interesting:

We'll see.
-
L°§tMyMiNÐ

It speaks for itself...

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 09:14:07 AM »
I saw on one of the trailers MW3 is being released in August... maybe the 11th?

Personally i will probably get this game a few months after it comes out after i've heard everybody slating it for a while lol

11/8/11

not August (doh) 8th of November... i forgetz dates can be in American... and it is the 8th Nov of Amazon

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 12:27:37 PM »
We'll see, Benjy.

:interesting:

We'll see.
-
L°§tMyMiNÐ

I see what you did there.

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2011, 09:02:15 PM »
Quote from: WallStreetJournal
Consumers are used to paying $60 each for videogames that run on consoles like the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Now the publisher behind the industry's biggest videogame franchise— "Call of Duty"—is about to find out whether it can get them to pay a monthly bill, too.

Activision executives said they haven't yet figured out how much to charge for the service, but they expect the cost to be less than fees for comparable online-entertainment services, such as a $7.99-a-month Netflix Inc. movie subscription. Portions of the service will be free, including features inspired by Facebook Inc. that will let "Call of Duty" players meet for online gun battles with others who share various affiliations and interests.

Another feature of the service will give "Call of Duty" players tools, modeled on those from stock-trading websites, to analyze their performance within the game, gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies.

:argh: :ssj:  monthly subscription for DLC. Better be coming out with content each month IMO

Full article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html

Offline Infërnö

• Regular Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »
Quote from: WallStreetJournal
Consumers are used to paying $60 each for videogames that run on consoles like the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Now the publisher behind the industry's biggest videogame franchise— "Call of Duty"—is about to find out whether it can get them to pay a monthly bill, too.

Activision executives said they haven't yet figured out how much to charge for the service, but they expect the cost to be less than fees for comparable online-entertainment services, such as a $7.99-a-month Netflix Inc. movie subscription. Portions of the service will be free, including features inspired by Facebook Inc. that will let "Call of Duty" players meet for online gun battles with others who share various affiliations and interests.

Another feature of the service will give "Call of Duty" players tools, modeled on those from stock-trading websites, to analyze their performance within the game, gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies.

:argh: :ssj:  monthly subscription for DLC. Better be coming out with content each month IMO

Full article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html

Looks like i'll be chilling on Mw2 for a lot longer then, or i might need to try battlefield 3 even though i was never any good at the battlefiled series.

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 03:42:09 AM »
biggest videogame franchise— "Call of Duty"—

that is so very wrong

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 05:53:22 AM »
It doesnt suprize me, they are going to kill on of the best franchises of all time for the old school reason.....................Money!!!!

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 07:49:22 AM »
Quote from: Rob Dyer, senior vice president of publisher relations at Sony's U.S. games division
There's money to be made

-.-

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 09:41:11 AM »
Oh Activision, naughty, naughty Activision.
Quote from: Rob Dyer, senior vice president of publisher relations at Sony's U.S. games division
There's money to be made

-.-

LOL!

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »
smh

Print