Print 

Author Topic: 2 v 1 enuf hogs chase kill?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline PNI-Hippie

• Newbie Poster
2 v 1 enuf hogs chase kill?
« on: July 16, 2011, 02:08:52 PM »
Hey dudes!

i was blue team

so on timberland i was in a lone RH, and i came around a corner, the one right after lap nav... as it was map start i wanted to arm up with an RL for defense, but when i got the RL spot it wasn't there and there was a  flipped chain hog with 2 enemies trying to hop back into it, fumbling with it flipping over and over and over.... as i was getting back in my hog 1 of the reds started nading/shooting me.

i saw a few options for me:
1) hop in my hog start going, get killed with sticky nades all over my hog.

2) whip out my pistol and start a 2 on 1 fire fight, which i mostly likely would have got killed easily

3) hop my gun and launch the three rockets as fast as possible at the enemies. killing both enemies (most likely)

4) hop in the hog use evasive moves to dodge the already thrown nades, and take out th threat then head on to navs, killing only 1 of the reds (the one that illegally started slaying at me....

i did option 4 and was warned for chase killing.... but i only killed the 1 red that was an immediate threat to me, which was breaking the race over kill rule....

just curious if in this situation, what i did was legal?
i could very easily understand why i was warned for chasing, i just think maybe the admin didnt see his partner firing/nading at me first.

let me know :)

Hippie

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kasalel kumwa!!!
Home..... just got good enough internet speed to play online, but at a VERY high price.... america's internet, way faster for WAY CHEAPER.... and the small atoll at the bottom left, called And, pronounced (in english) Ant.... but T in pohnpeian makes CH sound.... And atoll is the 3rd or 4rth BEST fishing place in the world, and to add to the fun it is shark infested (mostly baby, around 3 ft., FUN sharks)....

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: 2 v 1 enuf hogs chase kill?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »

Based on what you've described, here's what it would look like to someone else:

You drove over to a place where you normally wouldn't have driven and got out of your hog, walked around a bit, then got back into the hog and ran over an enemy who was on foot.

Anything you'd done to defend yourself in that situation would have looked like some kind of camping. Sure, you can defend yourself and (as long as you're racing (i.e. going to your navs)) running over one of them is fine, getting in the gunner seat is fine, or shooting is fine, but if you'd stayed on course, you wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.

The admin probably didn't know you were going to get the rocket launcher, they just saw you drive over, get out, then get back in and "chase" someone.

When you're doing something a little unconventional and someone sees it wrong, probably just explain what you were doing and accept that it went wrong. As long as it's not a regular occurrence, it's not a big deal.

EDIT: Fixed typo.  [/nerd]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:36:20 PM by BFM_JANE »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: 2 v 1 enuf hogs chase kill?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »

If I had seen the entire thing I would have thought:  where's he going? why's he stopping?  omg, he's getting out, what's he doing?  Oh, great, now they're nading him, can't blame them, what was he thinking?.  omg omg he's running them over! 

You're allowed to stop for the rocket launcher, but not to attack on foot.  Since the R/L wasn't there, you shouldn't have got out.  They didn't need to attack you, but kinda hard to blame them, they had no idea what you were doing, you looked aggressive to them probably.  Running them over was understandable, whether it was a chase or not depends on where they were in relation to the path to your nav, but I wouldn't be surprised if the admin thought it looked very suspicious (see above)

Print