Print 

Author Topic: WOW!!  (Read 1682 times)

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
WOW!!
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:51:58 AM »
I didn't actually take this one...

Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
Re: WOW!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:48:26 PM »
Why's It blue?

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »
Why's It blue?

Back in 2008 they lit it blue with yellow stars for the French EU presidency (Source)

Offline jim360

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
Yup, this was taken in '08.

The other, even cooler, thing to notice about this picture is that they can't spell "agency". Fail.
Check out my Short introduction... corner and my "Historical figures who should perhaps be better-known" thread!!

Exciting videos: 1.1 / 1.2 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Offline Marty

• Posts Too Much
  • A tip o't hat to you!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
Gotta love lightning...

Click on the Europe sig to get the link and image code.

Applied for BFM: 28th August 2008
Received Ventrilo: 27th October 2008
Received Little Tags (bfm_): 25th December 2008
Received Big Tags (BFM_): 24th March 2009
Received Corporal Rank: 1st September 2009
Stepped Down From Corporal: 16th March 2010
Nothing happened: 15th July 2012

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

For a US or UK flag, go to >>THIS THREAD<< and quote the whole code. Quote, not copy.

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »
I love how It wraps around the tower

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
Yup, this was taken in '08.

The other, even cooler, thing to notice about this picture is that they can't spell "agency". Fail.

'Figgures that I noticed that too....  ::)

I went to look it up (Photoshop can be used to do amazing things, you see...) and found several references to the photographer, including this one, from the Long Island Press:

Eiffel Tower Struck By Lightning: Photo of Eiffel Tower Struck By Lightning
By Andrea Devaro on September 1st, 2011

[Insert above image here...]
(Photo: Betrand Kulik/Caters News Agency)

An intense picture of the Eiffel Tower during a lightning storm has caught the attention of people around the world.

The picture was taken by amateur photographer Bertrand Kulik, who lives three miles away from the tourist attraction.

“The weather was dry and the sky appeared to be completely clear, but suddenly it started to thunder,” the 31-year-old concert violinist told the Daily Mail. “I quickly grabbed my camera and put it on a tripod by the window in the hope I could get an action picture – but I never thought I would get such a magnificent shot.”

The photograph was taken in July of last year, but was just published by a French magazine. It will be featured in a lightning-themed exhibition in Issy l’Eveque, Burgundy.

Built in 1889, the Eiffel Tower was named after its designer and engineer Gustave Eiffel. It stands 1,063 ft tall, is 75 stories high and has over 1,600 steps. It was the world’s tallest man-made structure until 1930, when the Chrysler Building in New York was completed.

Today the popular tourist attraction is still the most-visited paid monument in the world.

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
very nice lol
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Print