Print 

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 3 General Discussion  (Read 14335 times)

Offline TheAlphaMan97

• Newbie Poster
Modern Warfare 3 General Discussion
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
So Modern Warfare 3 is yet to come out it hits Australian Stores 8th of November (The same with the rest of the world I think).

I'm just wondering who WILL get this game and what are your thoughts of it so far?

I'll be getting it for my PS3 and I think that it'll be a good game as long it's not full of Noobtubers and Quickscopes like MW2.

Offline snowkiller

• Posts Too Much
  • The best team ever!
Re: Modern Warfare 3 General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:52 AM »
m totally going to get it, i cant wait to see the story line. Its going to be awsome.

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
BF3 > MW3

:P

Meh. I found MW2 OK but after reading MW3's deathstreaks I'm not interested in the game at all.

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
It looks like it will be a great game, but I guess I'm a bit bored of cod by now, so it's BC 3 for me :D

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »
With all the BF3 pre-release testing I've gotten to do, I've found I've liked it...maybe buying BF3 though, I hope it feels like MW1..the only good CoD IMO

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
Well, MW2 and Bad Company 2 were equally as fun in terms of what they had to offer. MW2 was very fast paced, and was arcade-like, with a very large range of guns and killstreak rewards. Bad Company 2 was much more involved with it's maps and vehicles, along with destruction physics, requiring much more use of tactics. I played both games a lot; I got to 4th prestige on MW2, and level 35 (out of 50) on BC2.

They were both great games and both had their highs and lows. MW2 was very easy to play, while also being very entertaining, but it's downsides were all on multiplayer. The maps and physics of it meant camping was re-defined in MW2. Also there was lots of spawn killing.
Bad Company 2 required much more focus and skill than MW2 did. The weapons (mainly sniper rifles) were harder to use (bullet drop, large recoil, slow reloading), you could change your class in-game when respawning, and a wider range of tactics had to be used on the larger maps. The feeling of reward when getting a kill was much greater than in MW2.

I am personally not buying MW3, not because I think it will turn out to be terrible (which I don't), but because Battlefield 3 looks like it will be a much better game for me. I think both games will turn out to be very decent shooters, and I will rent MW3 occasionally.

There :)

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 04:28:35 AM »
MW3, from the videos ive seen, looks pretty much like black ops, Which looked just like MW2. If you own MW2, or Cod4, then I dont see any reason to buy the game. I mean the campaign is only going to be like 6 hours long, like the previous games, so there isnt much single player appeal. DLC will be pricy, and this whole premium service thing sounds real expensive.

What im trying to say is, dont just buy it because it has the COD badge on it. wait for it to come out, do some research and make up your mind.

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 03:57:52 AM »
MW3, from the videos ive seen, looks pretty much like black ops, Which looked just like MW2. If you own MW2, or Cod4, then I dont see any reason to buy the game. I mean the campaign is only going to be like 6 hours long, like the previous games, so there isnt much single player appeal. DLC will be pricy, and this whole premium service thing sounds real expensive.

What im trying to say is, dont just buy it because it has the COD badge on it. wait for it to come out, do some research and make up your mind.

Early DLC is free with pre-order for BF3 :muah: Single player appeal and storyline is not what sells a game for me, and I think I speak for the majority of gamers, casual and, well, me :LOL: If I want a good storyline, I'd read a decent Sci-Fi novel. Original and non-predictable storylines are nearly if not already exhausted for FPS games, but the physics and content are getting better and better, which IS what sells a game for me :)

Offline LEGO

• Senior Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
I'll be getting it.  But sorry Alpha, it will be full of quickscopers, hopefully not noobtubers.  But quckscoping will return.  No doubt about it. 

Offline ¿Nobody¿

• Senior Poster
  • LOL
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »
Be sure to check out the AMAZING gameplay on youtube for MW3.
Totally getting MW3. Sorry BF3!

Thanks JANE, Crimson, and Lucky for this AMAZING sig!~

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

///////^\\\\\\\          This is a tortoise. Copy and
 ____ ////////^\\\\\\\\         paste tortoise into your sig
/ @  |_______________\        so that it may save us from
\____|\______________/        the bunnies
           _||||    _||||
          (___|   (____|
(Go Marty's Turtle)

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 05:37:25 AM »
After watching the multiplayer trailers I'm slightly disappointed in MW3. If I hadn't known otherwise, I would've thought it was just DLC for MW2. The gameplay was cool and all, but it was just more of the same. Hopefully the finished product is a little different...

Offline Lº§tMyMiNÐ

• Junior Poster
  • Introducing: my signature logo, modified.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »
Hello, fellow BFM forums members, this is L°§tMyMiNÐ.

Yeah, I think I'm getting Battlefield 3 instead of Modern Warfare 3, when I get the chance, because, even though I actually like Modern Warfare 2 (and Call of Duty 4 even more), it kinda gets old after a while, and, yeah, it doesn't really seem like Modern Warfare 3's going to be too different from Modern Warfare 2. However, I have seen actual Alpha gameplay footage from Battlefield 3, and, though I won't be getting it on the PC due to inadequate specs, I will still try to get it on the Xbox 360, since what I've seen from both the campaign and multiplayer looks to me to be just flat-out awesome.

:dance:

Well, there's my two cents.

2c

And I'm off.
-
L°§tMyMiNÐ

It speaks for itself...

Offline TheAlphaMan97

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »
I'll be getting MW3 first but I'll definately be getting BF3 aswel I would be getting BF3 first but I'm getting MW3 to do all the spec ops on vet.
So when it comes out and you need a hand give you a yell and I can link you to the video.
What does everyone think of Survival Mode? How many rounds do you think there will be?

I think there'll be 50 rounds but it seems EPIC!!!

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »
I will NOT be getting MW3. The gameplay is the same as every COD. They have done nothing to improve core gameplay. Yes, the campaign for Black OPs, MW2, COD 4 is alright, but the multiplayer is all the same. The currency system in black ops was the biggest change in the multiplayer they have done. Plus, it wont have zombies, witch is the ONLY reason I would even get black ops.

Getting GOW3, Halo 4, and the Halo Anniversary WAYYYY before MW3

Anyway, thats my  2c
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline Dietrich_

• Newbie Poster
  • "Think Different" as in DON'T Copy others work
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 08:23:40 AM »
lets talk when there is a mac version cause i don't like booting into windows

Print