Print 

Author Topic: Forum Update!  (Read 14561 times)

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
Re: Forum Update!
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »
Also, I can't see who's voted in polls, Majors and higher used to be able to.

That is a forum permission thing and something that I cannot fix.

Hey, while I'm here, is it possible to have a brighter online icon? Or a darker offline icon? It's not super important, but they're so close in color, it's hard to tell (when looking next to their name in a thread, in a person's profile, it'll say "online" or "offline" next to the icon).

The icons were taken directly from our old forums. Also, those icons you posted are the ones our forum is currently using.

It seems I'm not able to edit someone's post using the quick modify thingy, this icon in the bottom right of everyone's post: 

I can edit my own posts using it, but I can't edit other people's posts with it. It opens the text field, but when I press Save, it goes back with nothing changed. I can edit other people's posts using the regular Modify button.

For testing purposes, may I ask how you turned that feature on?

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »

Also, I can't see who's voted in polls, Majors and higher used to be able to.

That is a forum permission thing and something that I cannot fix.

Not acceptable, I need to know who's voting on what immediately.  :winkgrin:

Hey, while I'm here, is it possible to have a brighter online icon? Or a darker offline icon? It's not super important, but they're so close in color, it's hard to tell (when looking next to their name in a thread, in a person's profile, it'll say "online" or "offline" next to the icon).

The icons were taken directly from our old forums. Also, those icons you posted are the ones our forum is currently using.

There must have been online or offline text  then, because I never had a problem telling if someone was on or off (or did I?). Poo! But oh well.

It seems I'm not able to edit someone's post using the quick modify thingy, this icon in the bottom right of everyone's post: 

I can edit my own posts using it, but I can't edit other people's posts with it. It opens the text field, but when I press Save, it goes back with nothing changed. I can edit other people's posts using the regular Modify button.

I don't think it's a feature that can be turned on or off, nor is it a permissions thing. I see them on all posts because of my rank, but even someone who's just a registered forum guest should see them on their own posts. As a Sgt, you should be able to see them on most posts I would think. Here is what I see, if you don't have them. If that's the case, Slim's getting a PM...

Thanks for looking at this and for putting up with me, d3   :hug:

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »

There must have been online or offline text  then, because I never had a problem telling if someone was on or off (or did I?). Poo! But oh well.

The icon never used to be on the left of the users name. I will look into adding an online and offline button just for you :hug:

I don't think it's a feature that can be turned on or off, nor is it a permissions thing. I see them on all posts because of my rank, but even someone who's just a registered forum guest should see them on their own posts. As a Sgt, you should be able to see them on most posts I would think. Here is what I see, if you don't have them. If that's the case, Slim's getting a PM...

I actually have it there and was just confused lol. I tried aswell and it wasn't saving for me either, but I was getting a Loading bar appear on top of my browser. It must be a Javascript issue. I'll add it too my ever-growing list :p

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »
In the, "Change Color" drop down menu. There Is no longer, "White". There Is only Wheat, and Whitesmoke. I remember seeing White earlier, not sure what happened to It. But now It's gone. I can still enter In the code manually, though however.

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2012, 01:05:38 PM »
the 16 most basic/most used colours are up the top of that list,
White is above AliceBlue and below Gray
but you could enter the code manually if you wanted to,

In the, "Change Color" drop down menu. There Is no longer, "White". There Is only Wheat, and Whitesmoke. I remember seeing White earlier, not sure what happened to It. But now It's gone. I can still enter In the code manually, though however.

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »

Um, it's great that the (16) most commonly used colors are up at the top of the list now, TYVM for that, but...

Could you put them (the top 16) in alpha order, perhaps?  (And I can only assume that they will be displayed in their stated color at some point, perhaps?  If not, could the top 16 be displayed in color at least?)

Thanks again for doing all this, those working on this huge project!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »
This may be underway already, but to go with the colours theme :D

could the word of the colour be in the colour of the colour that the word is saying. ok i think i over-complicated that but you probably understand me :P

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2012, 02:29:31 PM »
We are working on displaying them in their colours.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2012, 11:19:10 PM »

Putting them in their colors is possible, but nowhere near as easy as in the old software. 

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »

Putting them in their colors is possible, but nowhere near as easy as in the old software.

'Figgured as much, hence my suggestion of the "top 16," above....

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2012, 05:51:14 PM »

'Figgured as much, hence my suggestion of the "top 16," above....

If Kiwi or I figure out how it is done, then I will be more then happy to spend the time going through and making them all appear in their colours, it is just we don't know how to do even one colour yet.

Also, they will be in Alphabetical order on the next update :)

Offline BFM_RedFox

• Senior Poster
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012, 12:52:02 AM »
If Kiwi or I figure out how it is done, then I will be more then happy to spend the time going through and making them all appear in their colours, it is just we don't know how to do even one colour yet.

Go to Themes/default/scripts/editor.js and edit it.

Scroll down to lines 1567 to 1568 where it says :

if (sSelectValue != '')
   sOptions += '<option value="' + sSelectValue.php_htmlspecialchars() + '">' + oCurButton.oOptions[sSelectValue].php_htmlspecialchars() + '</option>';

change that to :

if (sSelectValue != '') {
   var vall = sSelectValue.php_htmlspecialchars();
   var afontcolor = ' style="color:' + vall + ';"';
   sOptions += '<option value="' + vall + '"' + afontcolor + '>' + oCurButton.oOptions[sSelectValue].php_htmlspecialchars() + '</option>';
}

and don't forget the curly braces :winkgrin:

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2012, 02:38:53 AM »
Yay! It works

Will be back in the next update!

P.s - I may be PMing you with more questions as they appear if you wouldn't mind?

Go to Themes/default/scripts/editor.js and edit it.

Scroll down to lines 1567 to 1568 where it says :

if (sSelectValue != '')
   sOptions += '<option value="' + sSelectValue.php_htmlspecialchars() + '">' + oCurButton.oOptions[sSelectValue].php_htmlspecialchars() + '</option>';

change that to :

if (sSelectValue != '') {
   var vall = sSelectValue.php_htmlspecialchars();
   var afontcolor = ' style="color:' + vall + ';"';
   sOptions += '<option value="' + vall + '"' + afontcolor + '>' + oCurButton.oOptions[sSelectValue].php_htmlspecialchars() + '</option>';
}

and don't forget the curly braces :winkgrin:

Offline BFM_RedFox

• Senior Poster
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2012, 03:25:22 AM »
P.s - I may be PMing you with more questions as they appear if you wouldn't mind?

Sure.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2012, 07:04:25 PM »

I think this one might've gotten lost in the details, but when you go into a board with children, the diamonds at the front of Child boards aren't activating when those boards have "new"/unread posts in them.

Print