Print 

Author Topic: halo text  (Read 5218 times)

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
Re: halo text
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
Alright Im gonna try and give this another shot. I un-installed halo for the most part from my computer (again lol). Now you say I should install the game as the administrator? This administrator stuff is confusing me, because I have the only profile on my computer so I assume Im the administrator, but I know what you mean because whenever I install or try to play the game something pops up and asks me to "allow" what is going on. It's kindof irritating how my darn computer is "second guessing" me like that, because obviously if I put the disk in and click to install I want to install it lol. technology these days. So is there some sort of trick I need to do when installing so it knows right away im the administrator?
thanks again for everyones time.

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 02:13:06 PM »
the administrator they are talking about is when u right click on the program icon does it have an option to "run as Administrater". im not sure exactaly what its for but its what i have to do if i wish to run xfire and have it come up ingame i have to run both with the option of run as administrater
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »
I do have the option to "run as administrator" but that doesnt correct the absence of text sadly.

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »
I hate to be a nusence (idk if thats even spelled correctly...) But are there any more ideas to potentially solve this problem? I've tried all of the suggestions. I've un-installed/re-installed halo multiple times. I tried following the directions on Mxy's link provided by Jane, but my computer wont allow me to DL the files etc. etc. Maybe that is the problem? but if it is I dont know about getting those. Could halo text be getting blocked by firewall or my antivirus? I wouldnt think so, but as it probably is obvious, Im terrible with computers. Im hoping to pursue recruitment, but I feel like this is a major road block. If anyone has any more suggestions etc. Id be very appreciative!

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »

Can someone else download those two files (the mxml ones) and send them to you over xfire? I think to send files over xfire, both people have to be running xfire as admin. Not just using the admin profile, but in Properties > Advanced, the Run As Administrator has to be ticked. Something to try I guess. Or maybe they could email them to you.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »

PM Sent.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 10:44:50 PM »

Assuming that you have set "Run as Administrator" and "XP (SP3) Compatibility" on your Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe file correctly, then...

You can find out about how to get the files that you need to install off of your Halo CD using Method 1 from here.

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 10:49:34 PM »
I do have (under properties) "run as administrator" checked. As for the "run this program in copatibility mode" I have tried Windows XP (Service Pack 2) but when I double click the halo icon, halo wont even open/run. I didnt get a PM from you Kiwi :/
Oh and I tried the method #1 but halo opens despite me holding down the shift key.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 01:38:36 AM »
I do have (under properties) "run as administrator" checked. As for the "run this program in copatibility mode" I have tried Windows XP (Service Pack 2) but when I double click the halo icon, halo wont even open/run. I didnt get a PM from you Kiwi :/
Oh and I tried the method #1 but halo opens despite me holding down the shift key.

Then exit Halo and follow the steps in Method #1 starting at step #3.

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2012, 03:23:27 AM »
I hate to be a nusence (idk if thats even spelled correctly...) But are there any more ideas to potentially solve this problem? I've tried all of the suggestions. I've un-installed/re-installed halo multiple times. I tried following the directions on Mxy's link provided by Jane, but my computer wont allow me to DL the files etc. etc.
Can you tell us exactly what resolution you are playing at?
For example: the one you've specified using -vidmode. If you don't know, please post up a full-size screenshot of the window (including any Windows borders.)

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »
When I do the start>run and type it in, it tells me "cannot find CD make your your typing everything right". (i copy and pasted so its right)
I have the -window     under halo properties so its a smaller screen/resolution. It is the 640x480 one.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »
When I do the start>run and type it in, it tells me "cannot find CD make your your typing everything right". (i copy and pasted so its right)
[...]

Um, did you have the Halo CD mounted???  ::)

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »
lol mxy Im so dumb when it comes to computers I dont know what "mounted" means. If that means if the halo CD was in my computer, than yes sir its in my computer.

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 02:32:15 AM »
I have the -window     under halo properties so its a smaller screen/resolution. It is the 640x480 one.
Try using -window -vidmode 640,480,60
That will force Halo to use 640x480 and, provided you don't resize the window, should completely eliminate the resolution as being the issue.

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 08:01:05 AM »
Saes do I just copy and paste the "-vidmode 640,480,60" into the properties...or just the "vidmode" ? lol I put the first one in, but that did not work. Can I use -window   mode as well as -vidmode or do i need to get rid of -window  before i put -vidmode in? Thanks!

Print