Print 

Author Topic: halo text  (Read 5214 times)

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
Re: halo text
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 08:20:08 AM »
Saes do I just copy and paste the "-vidmode 640,480,60" into the properties...or just the "vidmode" ? lol I put the first one in, but that did not work. Can I use -window   mode as well as -vidmode or do i need to get rid of -window  before i put -vidmode in? Thanks!
Ideally you'd leave out -window to test, but you do need the 640,480,60 bit.

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 08:50:52 AM »
ahh that did not work :/     Man my computer doesnt want to cooperate whatsoever.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 01:07:17 PM »
lol mxy Im so dumb when it comes to computers I dont know what "mounted" means. If that means if the halo CD was in my computer, than yes sir its in my computer.

...And EXACTLY what happened when you typed in

<Insert CD Drive Letter here>:\Redist\msxmlenu.msi

(Where "<Insert CD Drive Letter here>" is the drive letter for the CD/DVD device into which you had inserted the Halo CD.)

in the "Run" box per the instructions?

P.S. Alternately you can navigate to the "Redist" folder on the mounted Halo CD drive and then double-click on the msxmlenu.msi file....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »
Im not sure if I'm following the directions right. It says on mxy's link to put the CD (halo) in, and hold shift to prevent it from popping up. That doesnt work so I just close out of that. Then I believe it tells me to go to the start bar, click run (i have to type "run" in the search) then that little run window comes up. I copy and paste what it tells me. and this is what happens:

and then:

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »
lol good old microsoft help sites strikes again.

As Mxy stated above you need to replace the first part with the drive letter assigned to your CD/DVD drive so in my case where my DVD drive is called D so this would make the bit you need to type into the run box    D:\Redist\msxmlenu.msi      If your drive is E then just replace the D with an E and so on but the most common drive letter for a  CD/DVD is D.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:18:24 PM by BFM_ËQINÖX »

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »
Mine is the "E" drive, so I did that, and it allowed me to do something. I had the choice to "modify" or "repair" or "remove". I clicked repair. that didnt help fix the text.

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
I'm just curious have you tyred removing -window -vidmode 640,480,60 and running halo in normal full screen with lets say a resolution of 1600-900 or any of the other  resolution modes to see if the text works in full screen mode. Reason i say this is because the -window is part of the original developer comands and is not a normal user setting and was not intended to be used by the home user its why the window option is missing from the vid settings in halo. It was only later found out and made public by users however I remember them saying that it may not work correctly  for everyone and may result in undesirable behavior.

So if you where to test in full screen and test all the resolution settings and you are able to see the text then it maby that your  comp simply  does not like  windowed mode

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
I just got rid of -window and -novideo . I changed to every resolution, and still no halo text. I changed the resolutions, but the screens didnt change sizes? I though if I changed them up they would get smaller as the numbers got smaller? either way it still didnt work :/

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
Solution=Remove Halo disk from CD drive and play without it. thanks for all the help and time everyone.

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
 :Psyduck:

Print