Print 

Author Topic: infinity  (Read 1351 times)

Offline BFM_Spartan

• Captain
  • Thanks Slayton!
infinity
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »
Hello,
Recently I was playing infinity and I was killed before I could get the other base nav. So since I already had half of the navs needed for a lap, I went the other way to hit the other nav points, so the opposite base nav was the last one left before I headed back to the spawn nav. I know you as a guest are allowed to commit suicide in hopes of spawning at the other base, I was wondering if I could have hopped out of the hog and blew my self up because the 10ish second respawn time would have been faster than the 40ish seconds itd take me to get back to the spawn nav?
thanks!

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: infinity
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »

Yes, you can.  It sure can make it faster, and in that situation I always hope a rocket hog comes along and kills me (we're not allowed to use that tactic ourselves, but we let guests do it if they choose)

It can work on Danger Canyon, Ice Fields, Sidewinder - but the worry is that you waste 10 seconds, then respawn again at the wrong base.  On Infinity, you at least know you'll spawn at the right nav.  But you may not have a hog to resume racing.  If you spawn behind the base, you'll kill 20 seconds walking to score, then have to hunt for a hog.  So it's not as guaranteed as you might think.  If you stay in your hog, sure it takes longer, but you can be sure of being able to continue racing at full speed.  Even if you get killed along the way, you'll respawn at Red anyway.

I think on other maps it's better to walk: you can gun a teammate, or hogjack the enemy, and either is probably better strategy than a 50/50 chance of spawning at the other base, and maybe with no hog.

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
Re: infinity
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:01:25 AM »
Good to see you around again Spartan!  As said you are allowed to do this as a guest. So why wont we allow BFMs to do this? I guess the simple answer would be fair play. Me personally if I killed myself to get back quicker I would feel like I just cheated everyone. No Im not saying to the people who might do this that they are cheaters. Im just saying I would feel that way and I took that into account when making the rules.

Print