Print 

Author Topic: mature server?  (Read 1557 times)

Offline venom023

• Newbie Poster
mature server?
« on: March 18, 2012, 01:35:53 AM »
it seems there's more than a few problems with offensive language, why doesn't BFM dedicate a server to "mature" players, maybe 15+ or something where players can speak freely and enter at their own discretion. seems like it would cut down on some bans/kicks.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: mature server?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:48:53 AM »

Our servers are here for people to enjoy without putting up with offensive language.  That's there whole reason for being.  Why in the world would we want to maintain a server for you to swear in?  There are plenty of servers around with no rules - pick one, or you can get your own server, pay for it, and make up your own rules.

Offline venom023

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 01:59:05 AM »
i like BFM's rules on racing itself, and how active it's servers are, which is why i asked. sorry for making a suggestion.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:19 AM »
Listen, there is nothing 'adult' or 'mature' about the kind of language you are referring to here.  I am not necessarily 'offended' by that language...I am old enough and have heard it all.  What I am is embarrassed for the naive youngsters who think they are acting like adults by talking that way.  You said your self that you like our rules and that our servers are more active than others.  Think about that for a minute.  There is a reason we still have such active servers for a game that is 10 years old.  The reason is because of the atmosphere we provide...which is created by the rules we have in place.  There are a lot more servers out there that allow that kind of language then there are servers like ours yet our servers are the ones that have been successful.  Perhaps instead of asking us to change the rules that have made us so successful, you can try to learn something from all the great people here who have made BFM so successful.  Just a suggestion of our own.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Print