Print 

Author Topic: just to clarify..  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
just to clarify..
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »
okay first of all, I would like to point out that I have read the rules before, and I know when I play or really when we're all playing, things happen and what not even BFM's big tags and small tags have said it themselves, in the middle of the fight or race things just happen, and we can't do anything about it..

with that being said, he's the situation, so I was racing on DC and the BFM's there that I remember were suprhawk, crash, and there was another i can't remember, crash was on my team though. so me and my gunner are killed and we only needed middle nav, and obviously there were no hogs at base, so we take tuns, as I'm getting to the bridges, i jump down, land it, before this though I had gotten RL from tuns, then I got OS and I kept walking to a hog that was empty by middle.

okay, so, as I'm getting to the hog i'm like 5 feet from it, and I see 2 hogs go up ramp behind me, both loaded, so I shoot the first and i killed someone, then I shoot the second one too since it was loaded (keep in mind it's my right to shoot them, simply because they're loaded, it has been stated by many BFM's) so now there are 2 hogs left, both rocket hogs and the 2 remaining people get in one of the rocket hogs, so I have the other one correct, well they start saying I'm camping, and arguing and yelling that I"m camping middle.

all I can say is I wasn't camping, and that of course they were loaded and the other bfm warned me not to camp and I told him it was my right to shoot him otherwise they would've shot me and not to deny it. and he came up with something like, I shot you cause you shot the other hog or osmething like that. anyways, I just wanna clarify that that instance was indeed not a camp, I had the right to shoot them, it's in the rules and we've all done it before.

anyways, if you guys can answer this, would be appreciated, I know it wasn't camping, but I just wanna make sure. for future reference. because I have never been called out for camping or hog camping, let alone been yelled at repeatedly that I was camping, when in reality the people don't know the facts of what was going on, it's easy to put someone on the spot right then and there at the instance, but you don't know what happened beforehand that let to the turn of events. and I realize it's almost impossible to know, almost, especially given this situation, but try not to judge, I can pass up for the guests, but BFM's i'm not so sure.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:36:26 PM by BFM_WeeGee »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: just to clarify..
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 12:11:52 AM »
The way you describe it, you were fine.  You were legitimately walking, taking tunnels, had the rocket launcher and fired on loaded hogs.  Sounds fine.  But here are things that could make it camping.

1) If you were far enough away from the base that they weren't a serious threat, or that they might not even have noticed you.  You can't shoot merely because they are loaded, only if they are a threat.  For instance if a loaded hog is driving away from you, gunner not looking in your direction, you have no reason to shoot at them simply because they are loaded.  But most times they are a threat, and that's why it's almost always ok to shoot at them.

2) If you had driven to middle base, got out and walked up onto the base to grab the rocket launcher there, and were going back to your hog and shot them.  In that case you shouldn't have stopped racing to get that rocket launcher.  As you've explained, this wasn't the case, you took tunnels, and the hog happened to be there.  But that's a pretty lucky coincidence to find a hog there, so I think most people would guess you'd got out of that hog to either get the rocket launcher or camp them.  It looks very suspicious to see someone in the middle of a map, next to a hog, with a rocket launcher, wouldn't you agree?  We know how you got there, but think how it must have looked to them.

3) If after shooting the first hog, you had to wait a time before the second hog came along.  If they were right behind each other, fine.  In this case they were only a few seconds apart, so sounds fine to me. 

So it probably looked a bit suspicous to be honest.  Someone in the middle, with rocket launcher, next to a hog, but not in it racing, kills two hogs in succession.  If your description is accurate, then you were perfectly fine, but again, it would look suspicious to most anyone.

The admin warned you once, and that was it.  He didn't argue any further.  A few guests made comments, Ryder saying you could have hid.   I don't think anyone was "arguing and yelling" that you were camping.  The admin said nothing further (well, when you insisted he was going to shoot you, he replied that he shot only after you shot at him or the other hog)

I guess it seemed like everyone was jumping on you, but not really.  You were defensive about it, which I can understand.  No one likes to be accused, especially if they think it was an unfair accusation.   And admins should give you the benefit of the doubt.  But we can never be 100% sure, so we have to make a call as we see it.  Maybe the admins thought it looked suspicious, or maybe they saw something I don't know about and really do think you crossed the line.  Either way, I wouldn't take it personally or worry about it.  You can PM them if you want to know what they were thinking.

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
Re: just to clarify..
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:25:11 AM »
it's fine, I just wanted to make sure, because the way it happened was I shot one loaded hog with 2 people and killed one of those 2 then the other loaded hog was right behind me they wwere rocket hogs so i couldn't take the chance, if they were chains then yeah i might've hidden given the time, but I shot the second hog and killed one person, don't you think that if i was camping i'd kill everyone there? lol they spilled then had a lot of time to get into one hog (the two remaining people) so personally I don't think it was camping.

but I do see your point, and the yelling came from everyone else on that instance lol, not the admin himself, he did warn me to which I replied "I wasn't camping.. chill" which btw suprhawk and I settled it right then and there. then that's when I went on to say that I wasn't camping and that if they were in my shoes they would've shot the 2 hogs the same way, because they would've felt threatened, and not to deny it. and then he said his comment and I left it there.

and it was around middle like 3 hogs length of the structure and ramp, there was nowhere to hide! lol, and the hog disappeared, i saw it at first and was going for it, then when I turned around to hit the first rocket which if I had not shot would've landed right next to me and either killed me with the driver or gunner of either hog. well i shot and when I turned around again the hog had disappeared. so I had every intention of gettting in that hog, only it disappeared. and when I say don't deny it, it's that if I had gotten to that hog and gotten in, what are the chances I would've lived anyways? none.. there used to be a time when people left lone hogs alone just for the good reason that they're gunnerless.. but nowadays noone is safe really.

anyways thanks for clarifying it lol, I hope no hard feelings are going around. I wasn't ticked off about the actual camping comments what made me uneasy was all the "pointers" they gave me, when I know for a fact, people don't do that, if It meant walking a distance or shooting a loaded hog, I am 100% sure they would rather shoot the hogs.. so yeah, sorry if I made you seem like the bad guys.

Print