Print 

Author Topic: 2 vs. 1  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
2 vs. 1
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »
okay I have a question or maybe a few, we'll see lol.

when there are 2 enemy players and only me on my side, and there are 2 hogs, I know I have either the chance to run and hide, I usually do this when I'm dealing with a chain because of the longer length of time it takes to kill me, where as a rocket hog will kill me instantly, and If I try to hide it's still more likely that the rocket explosion might kill me if not injure me lowering my shields and/or taking half my hp away lol.

but if I nade them or I start shooting them to defend myself and i kill one of them, and the other enemy is still shooting me and I hide behind the hog and he stops shooting, and I think well it's safe since he stopped shooting, and of course it is because there're only 2 of us and 2 hogs so we can hop in and leave keep racing, but what if this individual nades me as I hop in and am driving away.

is that legal? within the rules? because as I understand it, I stopped shooting and he did because I hid behind cover and when I came out of cover since I was behind the hog I just hopped in i'm no longer a threat to him, yet he still nades me. I don't think that's right, please can someone explain it to me, should I just end up killing him next time? or was he wrong, cause I think he was wrong to do that...

I have had several of those and some others, like this one time in bg, i got third nav and went to the cave for a faster route to the lip nav near bh, but spilled, so I ended up going for the long way, and I see someone shooting me, well I see my shields go down, and as I'm about to make the turn I stopped to see who it was, and this individual is running for a hog next to him, and still shooting me..

he wasn't close enough to kill me and even if he had killed me which could've been a possibility if he was skilled enough since the driver side was facing his pistol shots, he would have to go get my hog which is a long way.. otherwise he'd slay me for no reason.

but idk, I guess it really gets annoying for people to do that, and usually it's someone we all know.. i won't say his name though.
but he knows the bfm rules and plays within them, but he always pulls something like this.. anyways. thanks for reading this.

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
Re: 2 vs. 1
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:41:33 PM »
We encourage people to race when there are hogs available suitable for each individual to use, regardless of chain or rocket. It is common to find yourself at the end of a fight in a 1v1 position with more than 1 hog around. This is the point where we really want both players to jump in a hog and drive away and cease fighting. Remember that the whole reason to fight when you are on foot is to get a hog so you can race faster! It is not a rule for our guests that they cannot nade lone hogs, however BFMs will always encourage them not to. Blatant slaying however, especially if you are not making any attempt to fight or take a hog (for example you are attempting to hide and allow your opponent to leave) is against the rules, so there is rule overlap and reasons for BFMs to raise concerns.

If you would like to PM me the name of the individual you are more than welcome to. I hope that answers your question.

- Exodus
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:34:21 PM by BFM_Wic »

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
Re: 2 vs. 1
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »
I see, yes cause I had another instance with a different player on IF, Jane answered my thread, and I stopped firing, I usually am the first to stop firing to try and set the example so they stop too, but it's almost never the case unless it's a veteran racer that knows the rules and isn't really interested in fighting lol.

tbh, I'm scared to get in a hog when there's a walker around xD cause there's always that little doubt in your mind whether or not you'll be naded.. and let's not lie to ourselves lol 90% of the time we are gonna be naded, unfortunately.

but yes, thank you for replying to this, and I did understand. I'll pm you the name.

Print