Print 

Author Topic: Did I just get kicked?  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Unclown

• Newbie Poster
Did I just get kicked?
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
Was racing on Server 4?, got 0 laps on first map, managed 1 lap on the next one (there were lots of BFMs on ;-) ) then on the next map rotation (Blood Gulch ==> ? ) I got a Halo message saying the server was full.

First time this has happened to me.

Cheers.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Did I just get kicked?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »

:mike:

Sometimes, when someone joins the server at map change and the server is full, someone with a high ping will get bumped out. This happens because when a map ends and the next one starts, all players are disconnected and reconnected to the server (that's why it says "welcome" to everyone at the beginning). With your higher ping in an American server, you'll be one of the last to reconnect, so more likely to get bumped by someone joining in between.

If you ever get kicked, it will show a message that the administrator has kicked (or banned) you from the server. You'll know ;)

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »

If you're watching on xfire as a map ends, there will be 12/12 players, but as the new map starts it will show 0/12 and if you keep refreshing it will build quickly back up to 12/12.

If someone clicks join sometime when it is less than 12/12 they have a chance of bumping out one of the 12 players that was already there. 

If they do this intentionally, then grrrrr is all I can say.

The other night, omeone quit as the map ended, so there were 11/12 players, and two people saw that and decided to join, but did so as the map was restarting.  They both got in and I got bumped!  That was pretty unlucky, but it can happen innocently.

So if you're wanting to join a server, the most considerate thing is to wait for it to restart, and look to see if the server still shows 11/12 and then click join.

Also, when people join on map change like this, halo almost always puts them on the wrong team and the teams end up 7 v 5.  So if you do join near a map change, you ought to check the teams and switch if you've made them uneven.

Offline Unclown

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »
Thanks for the explanations guys  ;D

Print