Print 

Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 12084 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Few questions
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 04:30:47 PM »

Next time click on and post the contents of the "Details" tab too....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »
http://prntscr.com/13m2en
http://prntscr.com/13m2k6
http://prntscr.com/13m2n7

3 picks of the details. idk what they mean but there they are
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 09:39:08 PM »

This info comes from snapshots that you took upon reboot after a failure (the "instant shutdown" problem), correct?

If not, well, wait until it does fail and then do it all/post it all all over again.

If you DID post the info you got just after recovering from one of those failures, then  this tells us that you have this "problem," and in your case, it is a problem with your USB device(s) and/or their drivers.

However: this is rarely - maybe even nigh on impossibly - the cause of a fatal problem. It is almost always nothing more than a small performance issue. (Especially since you HAVE installed the Win7 SP1, which has updated USB drivers....)

Unless you've been seeing/have gotten some USB errors popping up, I'd consider the preceding to be a red herring.

That leaves us right back where we were, I'm afraid.  :'(

So let's try another path to find the problem, if you're up to it.

We are going to look at the System Event Log and look at what your system thought was going on in the recent past.

0) Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools (You may need to enable Administrative Rights here?)

1) Double-click to select "Event Viewer," then expand the branch "Windows Logs," and select "System" from the drop-down list.

2) You should now see a pane labelled "System     Number of events: <blah, blah, blah>"

3) Select "Filter Current Log..." from the right, topmost pane, and in the popup window match the settings here:

You should now be able to see all values for all five columns displayed.

4) In order to display more events, "grab" the bottom of that pane and pull it down about half the distance to the bottom edge on its window.

It should be something like this:

5) Click on any line in the "System" pane to display detailed information about that event in the bottom middle pane.

Since turnaround time between posts takes time, hopefully looking around at these event logs on your own will give you a clue to what's been going on inside your computer.  If not, perhaps posting your version of the complete Event Viewer window might allow one of us here to see something that might lead the way to a solution.

Good luck!

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 09:14:15 AM »
When it desides to shut off again i will take a look at the event log and see once the comp comes back on. I will also make sure i get the time it shuts down.

From what i seen with the last two critical level statements both were saying something about the usb. There are tons of warnings but those are all different  from video card to wireless internet card receiver, etc. Now i'm beginning to think it is possible that it is my usb's even though they are all up to date.

Only things i have plugged into 4 usb are as follows
Front. USB power cable to Turtle Beach Earforce X13 or X12? will check when i get home. They are my brothers. they are also the ones that can be used for Xbox.
My mouse, Keyboard, and Speakers that are plugged into the back 3/4 usb's

Mainly critical level information from the past won't tell me exactly what caused it to be critical, and some of go to back to the ending of 2012 and beginning of 2013. As i've said that there are way more warnings  then critical. i cant remember if any errors but there may only be a hand full but i will have to check when i get home again.
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2013, 02:59:48 PM »

If you suspect that might be the case, then I'd suggest that you go without the headset and speakers for a while in an attempt to troubleshoot possible USB failures. (But wait until it dies on its own once first, and see what the logs might tell you.)

Then after the above, when/if it still fails after you try a period without the audio devices, I'd suggest that you try moving your keyboard & mouse USBs to a different pair on your computer for a while and see if that changes anything. (Um, do NOT move them to USB ports that were in use by the audio devices tho!  :doh:  ::) )

GL!

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2013, 05:34:55 PM »
Checked and updated bios so maybe that was it. idk yet. usb wasent the issue. did not get a Crit lvl thing b4 shutdown so idk. Yeah bios was A00 when A06 was out so maybe that helped idk yet will let you know in a week
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2013, 09:10:45 AM »
Checked and updated bios so maybe that was it. idk yet. usb wasent the issue. did not get a Crit lvl thing b4 shutdown so idk. Yeah bios was A00 when A06 was out so maybe that helped idk yet will let you know in a week

Did you change the BIOS because it failed again and something pointed to the BIOS?

In any event, you've now changed the problem state, so anything could happen / be the problem now.

The rule in any form of troubleshooting is to change as little as possible, and to make changes in small, confirmed increments soas to KNOW that you've solved the problem.

You just went back to square one, Zeek.  ::)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 06:43:50 PM »
i guess nothing really pointed to the bios but i figured i would give it a try and it needed to be updated.

Sorry for going back to square one :/ it kept shutting down and each time i would change the usb ports only with same results. Last few shutdowns no crit lvl has been reported really only on startup here and there. so i ruled out the usb.

i looked at the bios version and i was way behind in updates A00 compared to A06 but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

gonna try sweeping or using air to get the dust out of the tower in the morning or after work tomorrow.  its got your average dust collection. just a real light layer.

i ran some more test with some stuff like PC checkup but all that passed. so i guess im back to where i started :/
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
been going through some of the events in the system and came up with quite a few errors and warnings. but yet idk how to read them or what they mean.

This one is a warning base off of the text below
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC-&PROD_COMPACT_FLASH&REV_1.00#20060413092100000&0#.
http://prntscr.com/15vplu

here is an error from which i believe if an apple product or something? itunes?
http://prntscr.com/15vqrk This describes the second one
http://prntscr.com/15vqn0
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »

The first one was a flash drive error. The chances of hunting down what happened there are zero, so ignore it - until you see LOTS more of them happeneing.

The second one is simply yelling at Apple's auto-networking system for being too slow. (This probably happens every time you try to connect through it, so ignore it.)

The third one means nothing more than "um, er, sorry, but I was slow getting to work today...."  ::)

Consider them all to be random noise.

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »
ok just wanted to make sure. did a system scan with avast and found some viruses that i was unaware of and dealt with them this morning. so maybe that may of been it but not to sure. will see i guess. will keep looking for suspicious  things and report back once the comp shuts down again.
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »
ok just wanted to make sure. did a system scan with avast and found some viruses that i was unaware of and dealt with them this morning. so maybe that may of been it but not to sure. will see i guess. will keep looking for suspicious  things and report back once the comp shuts down again.

Soooo, after you "took care of those viruses avast found" ... did you run the scan again?

Always RE-scan as many times as it takes
to have a scan come up completely clean.

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »
I ran about 2 more scans just to be sure there was nothing else. i even did a boot time scan with avast. where it scanned b4 the log in window. Nothing further came up so im glad about that. gonna set up avast to do scans on start up and twice a week or more.
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2013, 08:45:45 AM »
I ran about 2 more scans just to be sure there was nothing else. i even did a boot time scan with avast. where it scanned b4 the log in window. Nothing further came up so im glad about that. gonna set up avast to do scans on start up and twice a week or more.

Actually, that's a bad idea....  ::)

You're going to beat the living daylights out of your possibly-already-failing-(maybe) hard drive that way....

Once a WEEK at most.  Monthly is better.*

* Unless you have horribly-unsafe download/surfing habits....

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »
i did not know it could kill my hard drive. i will set it up monthly. im cautious when it comes to downloading and surfing the web.

Well apparently the viruses were not the causes her are some more events i found odd

http://prntscr.com/16d9q8
http://prntscr.com/16d9x0

http://prntscr.com/16dal7    the number underneath is the full binary code i got under event data
DD0705000400170015001B001D005103DD0705000500180001001B001D005103600900003C000000010000006009000000000000B0040000010000001F280100

http://prntscr.com/16dapt this is just odd in nature cause im aware of what happened. and not sure what else this could be.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:48:50 PM by Zeek »
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Print