Print 

Author Topic: Few questions  (Read 11835 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Few questions
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2013, 08:23:17 PM »
- The first one is another USB (flashdrive?) error/warning. (It's NOT the cause of your shutdowns, unless you have power level problems as well.)

- Ignore audit event information. (The second one.)

- Info about the third one here
This one describes the overall problem that you're having to a "tee."

Unfortunately you've posted the details for the FOLLOWING event (the 6008 event) and instead of posting the details for the "Kernel-Power" error (event 31,) you've posted the General info.

Hence I can't decode the error 41 event info - which is EXACTLY what's needed to find out why your machine's restarting!...  ::)  :doh:  ;D

P.s. Also, it would be helpful if you could chose between Scenarios #1 or #3, whichever best describes what you're seeing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 08:27:08 PM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 03:33:43 AM »
This is error 41 with the reboot information friendly view and XML
Friendly: http://prntscr.com/16epy2 .... XML: http://prntscr.com/16eq5p

hope this helps
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »

Okay.  We now have the info (but don't hold your breath!  :-X )

Because a Stop error BugcheckCode is zero, and your PowerButtunTimestamp is zero, you are seeing Scenario #3.

Unfortunately this means ... you have NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE to tell you what's going wrong.  I.e. It says "your computer is shutting down/rebooting for "unknown reasons." (I TOLD you not to hold your breath! Good old Windoze! Tell us something we DON'T already know!  :doh: )

Furthermore the provide a laundry list of things to try/disable to try to isolate the problem, most of which we've already gone through!  :bang: You can, however, review them and try modifying them ONE AT A TIME (while over time long enough to see the problem still occur AT LEAST THREE TIMES yet, after the ONE change to your system was made.)

DO NOT TRY THEIR SUGGESTION #5!!! (Unless you want to "nuke & pave" your system....  ::) )

Finally: You might give the steps that disable auto-restart on your machine to see if you get a BugcheckCode value that's valid, but it's a VERY long shot. (But if nothing comes from it you can easily follow the instructions to re-enable the "Automatically restart" check box.)

Long story short: We didn't really learn that much from Windows about your problem.  :'(

...Back to square "x" I guess. Sorry...  ::)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »
yeah i guess so :P

Well i recently decided to try a few new things in hopes that it will work. havent experienced a shutdown since yesterday morning. Anyway i decided to change the power cord and outlet to see if that is the issues. i have a desktop power strip. that's extremely old  ::)  I've decided to try a actual wall outlet instead of it.

Note this is not a picture i took of it.

Well worked fine for a few days then it decided to happen again :/
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:30:05 PM by Zeek »
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2013, 12:18:54 AM »
bringing this back a bit. Um i believe i figured it out. i believe it was my ram. not sure which one it was but i took all 4 2gb sticks and replaced em with 1 4gb an its running fine. gonna have another 4gb ram tomorrow.. Bestbuy sold me a defective one that was suppose to be 4 but only ran 2 :P
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2013, 05:56:50 AM »
Sorry for a double post but i do need one more question answered. Is it possible that the possible cause of the random shutdown and reboot, to be caused by a WLAN card? I did a test with Internet Explorer Opening it. Every time it opened my comp would do the whole process of Shutting down and turning back on. It only seems to do it with just IE opening.
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2013, 12:32:33 PM »
Sorry for a double post but i do need one more question answered. Is it possible that the possible cause of the random shutdown and reboot, to be caused by a WLAN card? I did a test with Internet Explorer Opening it. Every time it opened my comp would do the whole process of Shutting down and turning back on. It only seems to do it with just IE opening.

I suspect IE more than your hardware device!  :LOL:

Try doing the same thing with another browser (hint: Chrome) and see what happens.
(You can then uninstall Chrome after the test....)

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »
I only use chrome anymore.  the comp has crashed when browsing through chrome but its not very often. I took my comp with me to class. my comp diagnosis cause my instructor/teacher does comp repairs and has for 15+ years. and it crashed on him when he was getting on the internet with google chrome but as i said its random and rare. but yes when IE opens it will cause the comp to crash. i do believe i have IE 10....

I am also trying to find a driver update for my

DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card
by: Atheros Communications Inc.
but cant seem to find the right driver. windows says its up to date but its last update possibly was  on 11/23/2010 for the latest driver.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:18:13 PM by Zeek »
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Print